Author Topic: Star Citizen Breaking News  (Read 281195 times)

DemonInvestor

Re: Star Citizen - Breaking News
« Reply #555 on: December 29, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »
That's what I'm talking about. Fans of Oldman, Anderson, Hamil, Davies, Strong, Gardiner...et al, may well be tempted into a fun sci-fi game if they see it advertised. The cast may...I stress the word 'may', bring in a different audience.

They may have saturated the market but I don't believe it's sold every copy it can. I see plenty of posts around suggesting a lot of people are waiting on a game to be finished before handing over cash as well.

Never underestimate the Powah of Celebrity! There are many an idiot drawn to a famous face or name and compelled to spend money.

You're right... they best should buy the E.T. rights, i heard they're up for grabbing and you surely can't fail with celebrity and an well established franchise!
Maybe he should also start getting movie producers involved, i heard that really got tons of player playing Doom or Hitman.  :wink:

Or the be a bit less sarcastic, names aren't everything. And while i think there are people out there who would buy SQ42 if it's a great game, they've been critical of the whole Multiplayer aspect and chose to wait for sometime after release. Because failing kickstarters and failing old developers isn't new anylonger and bad movie/game adaptations have been mostly the norm, rather than being special cases.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #556 on: December 31, 2018, 04:12:10 AM »
At this point, I don't think it matters what state SQ42 will be released in, or even if it turned out good. What matters is that they are now just doing the bare minimum in order to deliver on the main things from the kickstarter. Aside from the financial brochure (which surprised me tbh) which was a key point, SQ42 represents the final aspect. Remember, as I have been saying for years now, it doesn't what state or shape the final results are in because they are legally protected by the guarantee of performance condition. So they could implement something, even if it doesn't work as expected. The bottom line is that the creators and execs got rich based on lies. The only good part is that they provided jobs for a large number of people over the years.

I am still baffled as to why any investor would put money into this project. All I think can think of is that it probably has something to do with perhaps a movie. Also, as per the other discussion about that aspect, this investor probably has protections guaranteeing that he gets his money back out in some fashion. The fact that they were touting this money as being for SQ42, is a huge Red flag that the investment relies heavily on it's sales performance.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #557 on: December 31, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »
At this point, I don't think it matters what state SQ42 will be released in, or even if it turned out good. What matters is that they are now just doing the bare minimum in order to deliver on the main things from the kickstarter. Aside from the financial brochure (which surprised me tbh) which was a key point, SQ42 represents the final aspect. Remember, as I have been saying for years now, it doesn't what state or shape the final results are in because they are legally protected by the guarantee of performance condition. So they could implement something, even if it doesn't work as expected. The bottom line is that the creators and execs got rich based on lies. The only good part is that they provided jobs for a large number of people over the years.

I am still baffled as to why any investor would put money into this project. All I think can think of is that it probably has something to do with perhaps a movie. Also, as per the other discussion about that aspect, this investor probably has protections guaranteeing that he gets his money back out in some fashion. The fact that they were touting this money as being for SQ42, is a huge Red flag that the investment relies heavily on it's sales performance.

Lol, that would really be Freelancer and the Wing Commander movie all over again, but no Microsoft to finish it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Breaking News
« Reply #558 on: December 23, 2019, 11:47:46 AM »
CIG have released the 2018 financials on holiday eve. I am not going to even bother with an analysis (as I did last year for 2012-2017) because the numbers speak for themselves. No way they can get this project 'done' (lmao) without continuing to raise money.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-financials-for-2018
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #559 on: December 23, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »
CIG have released the 2018 financials on holiday eve. I am not going to even bother with an analysis (as I did last year for 2012-2017) because the numbers speak for themselves. No way they can get this project 'done' (lmao) without continuing to raise money.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-financials-for-2018

And there's no way they aren't going to continue raising money. Record year, remember?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #560 on: December 23, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
And there's no way they aren't going to continue raising money. Record year, remember?

Record year, yet they're still about $7m loss for 2018. Go figure.  :emot-allears:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »

Short analysis (thread)

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1208540162256523264

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2020, 11:50:41 AM »
Hey remember back in 2015 when I wrote that Sandi and Chris were married, and they they were hiding it and pretending? Then it became public.

Well she's been out at CIG since last year; but they've been keeping that under wraps too.

As the saying goes, backers will never know.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2020, 05:03:07 PM »
Hey remember back in 2015 when I wrote that Sandi and Chris were married, and they they were hiding it and pretending? Then it became public.

Well she's been out at CIG since last year; but they've been keeping that under wraps too.

As the saying goes, backers will never know.

Someone posted a thing on the refunds sub about Chris not wearing his wedding ring, seems like they were on to something. I guess the director of marketing is no longer, involved. Chris had better take more funds out for a second mansion.

MadAmishman

« Reply #564 on: May 26, 2020, 06:46:25 AM »
So is she no longer involved with the company? I did a quick Google search and can't seem to find anything. She doesn't seem to be active anymore...but to be honest. I didn't spend a whole lot of time searching...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #565 on: May 26, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »
Apparently she's no longer actively involved in the company. But just like their marriage, they're keeping it quiet. Whether they split or not is their personal business, but they drew the line when they engaged in wanton nepotism and made her the face of the company.

jwh1701

« Reply #566 on: May 26, 2020, 10:19:18 AM »
She is still tweeting about SC so hope these few tweets over the year is still netting her 6 figures. But as a husband the fan picture in every tweet would be bothersome.

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #567 on: August 31, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

wiser3754

« Reply #569 on: September 01, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »
When you have to explain common sense to fanboys...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1300756521995960320

Not to mention that server side object container streaming was implemented in an ALPHA state backnin December. How far along are we? Going nowhere? Good job CIG.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk