Author Topic: 3.0 Progress Watch  (Read 144813 times)

Motto

Re: 3.0 Released To PTU
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2017, 09:36:55 AM »
Oh, stop it now already. Clearly you are taking a piss. I for one thought that you actually onderstood game development. Clearly, not so much  :shrug:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
God I hope my sources aren't messing (they're not. they were right about 3.0. see my Road To 3.0) with me, because this would be the best possible outcome to close out the year.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/938466461445754880

BREAKING: Bad news Star Citizen backers. Apparently CIG have now decided that releasing the 3.0 build as-is (it's broken beyond belief) is the best way forward. And because backers should know it's alpha and treat it like early access. Yeah.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

AncoGaming

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2017, 11:15:46 AM »
"Hmm - thats flawed logic.  If you get a faulty product do you refuse to take it back to the shop becasue you had some fun getting it out of the packet ?   
If we reward bad behaviour we condone it. 
Not asking for a refund condones CRoberts actions.
Get a refund and give it to charity - do some good."

Yeah, you've never dealt with me as I see. Don't fucking tell me what to do, never, sit back and watch, that's your rank unless I tell you otherwise or ask for council, else you're wasting your time.

AncoGaming

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:40 AM »
"Nah, they will just refund you. Once they do that, there is no case. At least that's how it works here in the US. Unless the govt. decides to investigate them directly."

Well, it works a bit differently in Germany. Chances are you'll see exactly how it works, lol.

nightfire

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »
"Nah, they will just refund you. Once they do that, there is no case. At least that's how it works here in the US. Unless the govt. decides to investigate them directly."

Well, it works a bit differently in Germany. Chances are you'll see exactly how it works, lol.

Wow. I do hope for your sake that your attorney understands game development  :D

German criminal law code, § 129:

Wer eine Vereinigung gründet, deren Zweck oder deren Tätigkeit darauf gerichtet sind, Straftaten zu begehen, oder wer sich an einer solchen Vereinigung als Mitglied beteiligt, für sie um Mitglieder oder Unterstützer wirbt oder sie unterstützt, wird gemäß § 129 Abs. 1 StGB mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu fünf Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe bestraft. § 129 StGB stellt damit sowohl die Bildung krimineller Vereinigungen als auch die Beteiligung an ihnen unter Strafe.

In short: if you intend to have CIG recognized as a criminal organization, then hopefully you can also provide a good explanation for your financial support to them in court. Because that's how it works in Germany  ;)

Motto

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2017, 01:20:17 PM »
Luckily, with every patch released, the game is getting better  :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
"Hmm - thats flawed logic.  If you get a faulty product do you refuse to take it back to the shop becasue you had some fun getting it out of the packet ?   
If we reward bad behaviour we condone it. 
Not asking for a refund condones CRoberts actions.
Get a refund and give it to charity - do some good."

Yeah, you've never dealt with me as I see. Don't fucking tell me what to do, never, sit back and watch, that's your rank unless I tell you otherwise or ask for council, else you're wasting your time.

You are not the special snowflake you imagine you are.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
Do we have a candidate for the Mr McNasty award?

Is everyone going to tippy toe around here now?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2017, 03:22:34 AM »
Do we have a candidate for the Mr McNasty award?

Is everyone going to tippy toe around here now?

Don't worry, we're watching closely. The only rule around here is that there are no rules because we're all gentlemen who respect each other, regardless of differing opinions.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2017, 04:10:19 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:34 AM »
Yeah, this is totally ready to release live

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »
Yeah, that totally looks like fun. FF to 3:05 for some hilarity

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2017, 10:32:35 AM »
Yeah, this was totally ready

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2017, 10:38:33 AM »
If you ever wanted to see what a game looks like at 1 fps, now's your chance. FF 1:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=87&v=bv-ocNay17s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk