Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 120958 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
ROTFLMAO!! I TOTALLY CALLED IT. The SQ42 teaser is up on IGN. One look, and ANY Star Citizen fan can tell it's all FAKE!

They added dialog in post-process, animated the fps view etc. OMG! This is hilarious. I don't even. wow.

The last time we saw Squadron 42, was in yet another horrid looking sequence back in Oct 2015.

Gary Whitta:

Chris thanks for joining us and seriously, congratulations on this tremendously successful funding effort, but I guess really now this is just the beginning of the actual difficult part which is building the game, when are we actually gonna see this thing?

Chris Roberts:

Ehh, well the… the… the FULL FINAL GAME will be approximately TWO YEARS from now but ahm, one of the advantages and I think the same is true on David’s Elite if… if you BACK IT EARLY, you know, besides being part of the COMMUNITY and the DISCUSSION, ah, and… and having your voice heard and seeing sort of what’s happening in the background so, you know I… we’re going to ah… you know, instead… we don’t have a PUBLISHER but you know what, we’re gonna TREAT OUR BACKERS the same way we would a PUBLISHER so when we get to a MILESTONE we’re gonna give them a SHOW AND TELL and all the STUFF and personally I’d rather do that to them than a publisher because I’m showing it to a hundred thousand people that really care about this and get EXCITED by it and so that’s kinda cool, but the other thing that you’ll be able to do is PLAY, ah, sort of the EARLY BUILDS and the way I’m… the way I’m sort of STRUCTURING is I’m trying to, ah… test out components of this overall bigger UNIVERSE along the way so I don’t just drop everything all at once so in TWELVE MONTHS TIME you’ll be able to play the SINGLE PLAYER… ah I mean sorry, sorry… the MULTIPLAYER DOGFIGHTING ALPHA which won’t be the full PERSISTENT UNIVERSE and it won’t be the single player game, but it WILL BE basically all the ships that you’ve PLEDGED FOR, think of it more like WORLD OF TANKS… and we’re gonna use that to ah… BALANCE THE COMBAT, uhm… you know, FINE TUNE it with the help of the community, and ah… try and see you know, exactly STRESS TEST how many people we can get in an instance at any one time and then, ah, you know… about SIX TO TEN MONTHS after that we’ll do a sort of BETA of the SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN which is SQUADRON 42 and then finally the FULL PERSISTENT UNIVERSE BETA to sort of ah, you know… gonna be about TWENTY MONTHS OR SO AFTER NOW and the LIVE RELEASE SHOULD BE ABOUT TWENTY FOUR MONTHS… but of course you know, there… it… there may be plus or minus a month here… well not minus… plus a month or so, on that… on the bigger thing at the end… but I’m PRETTY CONFIDENT about the DOGFIGHTING ALPHA IN TWELVE MONTHS
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:47:49 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Squadron 42
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 10:43:04 AM »
Oh, the new site is also live. God this is just so painful. Notice how it's a pledge now? Oh, and separate product.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Squadron-42-Standalone-Pledge

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/squadron42

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:35:40 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »
:lol:, is that all or are there going to be more shitshow trailers coming?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
There's more coming during the holiday stream apparently.

Motto

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
Hoho now there, in the pledge purchase, Arena Commander and Star Marine are included. So that's a pretty good deal I'd say!

But, how about this?

PRIVACY POLICY: We adjusted the PP to reflect the decision of the European Court of Justice regarding Safe Harbor, the fact that RSI has moved and added some services providers.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:31:38 AM by Motto »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
Is it just me, or isn't the whole cam-shaking when normally walking utter and complete bullshit?
I mean they even had such shit with your in-helmet hud, which doesn't make a fucking sense to me.

justme

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
enlist to the monthly squadron 42 newsletter.
yeah.  :cripes:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 02:33:50 PM »
Hoho now there, in the pledge purchase, Arena Commander and Star Marine are included. So that's a pretty good deal I'd say!

But, how about this?

PRIVACY POLICY: We adjusted the PP to reflect the decision of the European Court of Justice regarding Safe Harbor, the fact that RSI has moved and added some services providers.

OK, this new Squadron 42 site is pretty interesting. Now it shows that it includes Arena Commander and Star Marine. Both of which are modules in Star Citizen.

In Feb this year, I had written a blog that SQ42 is probably going to end up being just another game mode within the game's launcher, much like Arena Commander, Star Marine, Persistent Universe etc. I wonder.  :shrug:

Greggy_D

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 02:36:58 PM »
They're going to claim SQ42, Star Marine, and Arena Commander are all "modules" of the single game known as Star Citizen.  Prepping for the defense of the Crytek suit which indicates they are building more than one game.

Motto

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
Nothing on the "RSI has moved"? Can't it be linked to the mass layoffs? And still no news from the Australian government about CIG not paying taxes? Haven't they caught up yet?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »
They're going to claim SQ42, Star Marine, and Arena Commander are all "modules" of the single game known as Star Citizen.  Prepping for the defense of the Crytek suit which indicates they are building more than one game.

It will be a weak and laughable defense, seeing as 1) they are selling it separately 2) they have gone on the record calling them separate games

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
Right. So hang on to your hat Felicia, it's been confirmed by several sources that today's SQ42 teaser, is in FACT a pre-rendered cut scene. So that's that.

I will have more scoops tomorrow, ahead of the 2 hr live stream that starts at 2PM ET. It's hilarious. All of it. God, I can't wait. I'm just dying to just blurt it all out. :)

The way CryEngine works for cinematics, is the way engines like COD, BF etc work. So don't take the "pre-rendered" too literally. The scene is rendered in the engine, but a cutscene, it takes away control from the player to move the narrative fwd

Also, according to a sauce, this is from the game itself, but will be in first person, as opposed to this cinematic cut they showed today, which doesn't show the player character's HUD etc
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:28:06 PM by dsmart »

Motto

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »
We're dying even harder for you to spill your guts  :f5:

StanTheMan

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
Right. So hang on to your hat Felicia, it's been confirmed by several sources that today's SQ42 teaser, is in FACT a pre-rendered cut scene. So that's that.

I will have more scoops tomorrow, ahead of the 2 hr live stream that starts at 2PM ET. It's hilarious. All of it. God, I can't wait. I'm just dying to just blurt it all out. :)

This should help keep it in for a bit longer

AncoGaming

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
I don't know, man... I really liked the trailer. Made me happy, in fact. Gonna be a good game, believe me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk