Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 120924 times)

jwh1701

Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
I just don't see how S42 is going to be anywhere near the kind of high-fidelity masterpiece everyone thinks it is going to be on release. The Mo-Cap probably won't be. Now I'm no expert at all on Mo-Cap but listen to what Charlie Anson (an S42 actor) said during the filming for the MoCap stuff in Ealing studios

One dream would be to see the total expenses on mocap.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »
8 yrs + $300M+ later, they're still making video trailers. And at 30fps

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:21:50 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
They can sure do pretty trailers.

They really ought to just release Squadron 42 as a motion capture CGI film - Chris really just wants to make movies after all. I bet Netflix would give them a tidy sum.

wiser3754

« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2020, 04:37:40 AM »

Know how to finish a record funding year? By a guarantee of a Q3 Beta release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/eqh28a/star_citizen_roadmap_update_20200117/

The backers are all smiles and jive in this thread.

N0mad

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2020, 04:52:36 AM »
Here is what CIG has accomplished in terms of building each Chapter over the last year:
  • Chapter 2: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 3: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 10: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 14: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 15: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 16: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 17: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 18: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 20: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 21: Whitebox playable (2)
  • Chapter 22: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 24: Whitebox narrative (1)
  • Chapter 27: Whitebox narrative (1)

Nothing has reached Greybox(3). I've still no idea what CIG mean by each category but I'm pretty sure "Whitebox playable" means that it still has a very long way to go before completion. No wonder Crytek want to delay their court case, I can't see any of this getting finished any time soon.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2020, 10:55:10 PM »
Here is what CIG has accomplished in terms of building each Chapter over the last year:

Nothing has reached Greybox(3). I've still no idea what CIG mean by each category but I'm pretty sure "Whitebox playable" means that it still has a very long way to go before completion. No wonder Crytek want to delay their court case, I can't see any of this getting finished any time soon.

There are cultists saying that the chapter progress is actually a lot further along and it just hasn't been updated. Yeah, right.

Or one little thing is holding up all the progress and once done everything will get signed off by crobbers. Yeah, right.

Although cig still thinks it is q3 2019, i can see why they might think that.

They are fucking around with tech debt up to their eyeballs with promises they can never keep. 2020 beta still good to go!

wiser3754

« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2020, 11:16:52 PM »
Most likely the reason why Crytek are dismissing their lawsuit wothout prejudice. They know SQ42 won't release this year or worse yet, at all.

StanTheMan

« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »

SQ42 is only Dirt Box playable.

jwh1701

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »
SQ42 is only Dirt Box playable.

LOL I have a screen shot from 2016 I think when Chris showed they were in whitebox or better, I will try and find it.

wiser3754

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2020, 06:25:44 PM »
In this episode, SaltEMike shares his and other backers thoughts on the latest outpouring of info on Squadron 42. Suffice it to say, getting little fed up with CiGs piss poor communication and lack of direct answers to old and pertinent questions.

I'd also like to add that in different thread, I discussed what the impact of the corona virus could do to the global economy and more specifically what it could do to CIG. Or more specifically, tor the backers.

To my knowledge, SaltEMike is now CV19s first affected backer. He lost his job and his retirement, he's not infected.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2020, 11:58:29 AM »
In this episode, SaltEMike shares his and other backers thoughts on the latest outpouring of info on Squadron 42. Suffice it to say, getting little fed up with CiGs piss poor communication and lack of direct answers to old and pertinent questions.

Wait! They were actually expecting a finished product before they died? LOL
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »
In case you guys didn't notice, apparently they're no longer doing a roadmap for SQ42. Because reasons.

The last one was on Ma 6th, 2020

Then on Mar 13th, they announced this

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2020, 01:18:19 PM »
In case you guys didn't notice, apparently they're no longer doing a roadmap for SQ42. Because reasons.

The last one was on Ma 6th, 2020

Then on Mar 13th, they announced this

They are still totally going to hit beta, Q3 2020 though right?! 😂😂😂

It took them years to get that roadmap and it didn't last very long, I wonder how long it will take them to get the new roadmap out? I'm guessing after Q3 2020 lol.

wiser3754

« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2020, 07:22:26 PM »
Totally Q3 2020 beta release! Last I checked while watching SaltEMike he stated that only 40% of total art had been completed. So there's that, the missions, the A.I, the flight model, optimisations, core tech, network rework, the remaining ships, Vulkan integration, etc.
I mean, they'll totally make it! It's not like Covid-19 will do any harm to them financially.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2020, 08:34:00 AM »
Totally Q3 2020 beta release! Last I checked while watching SaltEMike he stated that only 40% of total art had been completed. So there's that, the missions, the A.I, the flight model, optimisations, core tech, network rework, the remaining ships, Vulkan integration, etc.
I mean, they'll totally make it! It's not like Covid-19 will do any harm to them financially.

Well clearly you know nothing about game development.  :emot-allears:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk