Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 122359 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
I've been conducting some analysis, and have found that if the differencial between subsequent progress reports is calculated, and the results then converted into Morse, the following message is revealed:

"HELP. SEND CODE"

:emot-siren::emot-lol::emot-lol::emot-lol::emot-lol::emot-siren:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:10:21 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2019, 04:11:24 AM »
Per the spectrum and reddit guys it was all true but they decided to redo all of it to make it better. I'm already asking them where is the wisdom in redoing sq42 for the 3rd time technically counting illfonics.

Yeah, without 1) ANY supporting evidence 2) not even CI-G never - ever - saying anything of the sort

This had me rolling

"Totally correct, they realised that having a single player game with a nearly non-existent AI and a laughable flight model was not up to their exacting standards and redid the whole thing."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/aia1i8/remember_when_sq42_had_all_chapters_and_gameplay/eemh8m0
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2019, 04:35:08 AM »

That slide is from CitizenCon Oct 2016

And that was barely a month after I wrote that SQ42 was indefinitely delayed. Then CI-G issued a press statement to refute those statements.

"We're working on it. Production at the moment doesn't feel comfortable sharing what we have - I'm not going to surprise anyone by saying Squadron 42 isn't this year....The biggest issue we have with the Squadron roadmap, besides the fact that we gotta figure out some ways not to give things away, that's solvable...they're very reluctant to release something that might change." - Chris Roberts, Reverse The Verse, June 2018

Note that the above statement was shortly after they had received $46M in bailout funding which backers only found out about in Dec 2018 - two weeks after I broke the news.

McDrake

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »

" Production at the moment doesn't feel comfortable sharing what we have -

I bet

:D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2019, 07:35:43 AM »

David-2

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2019, 12:58:36 AM »
Careful comparison of the "chapter progress" section (top left) of the newest roadmap to the one of exactly one month ago shows that only one item has changed - Chapter 4's phase 4 has been pushed out from Q4 2019 to Q1 2020.

Imagine the precision estimating and planning that went into that adjustment!  Having carefully considered the entire S42 plan for 2019 they were able to confirm that absolutely everything was on track!  Except for some dependency somewhere that extended Chapter 4 phase 3 - so that phase 4 had to be pushed out a quarter - nevertheless, they were also able to confirm that notwithstanding that delay they'd be able to make up some time on certain other tasks and still complete Chapter 4 in Q2 2020 with everything else.

Amazing software engineering on display!  As a long time software developer myself (over 40 years and still going strong) I bow in awe at this demonstration of management prowess!   :wow:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2019, 08:00:21 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2019, 05:39:52 AM »

StanTheMan

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2019, 04:46:49 PM »
It is not looking too good for scheduled release is it ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
It is not looking too good for scheduled release is it ?

Stop spreading FUD. Everything looks fine to me.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2019, 05:49:36 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2019, 06:07:05 AM »

wiser3754

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »
The A.I focused features or mechanics such as Ship A.I and Companion A.I are still way behind. Without good A.I the gamepaly simply shouldn't be implemented. Might as well play the game like a David Cage project.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2019, 05:02:21 AM »
The A.I focused features or mechanics such as Ship A.I and Companion A.I are still way behind. Without good A.I the gamepaly simply shouldn't be implemented. Might as well play the game like a David Cage project.

That's because in all likelihood they're just going to use what's already in Star Citizen. This dev schedule implies that they will be making revisions, improvements etc - but they probably won't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk