Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 122339 times)

jwh1701

Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »
https://www.pcinvasion.com/star-citizen-squadron-42-co-op-plans-slightly-changed/

From the Kickstarter pitch and stretch goals

One of many.

Whenever I need to go back and look at the KS goals to rile up the fan base they always give me a laugh. Thinking back at what he was going to provide with 6m and looking at what was accomplished with 246m is terrible to behold.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2019, 04:09:49 PM »
Whenever I need to go back and look at the KS goals to rile up the fan base they always give me a laugh. Thinking back at what he was going to provide with 6m and looking at what was accomplished with 246m is terrible to behold.

Well, there's only so much fidelity you can add with $6m. So.  :emot-colbert:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:38 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2019, 07:22:28 AM »

Yeah, looking at recent ptu-3.5.+ videos by "squidlove" , it's apparent the SC levels are not much more than a walking demo like some of those throwaway $1 walking shows previously sold on Steam.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:24:34 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
They released an out-of-band SQ42 dev update newsletter last night. It's hilarious.

https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/squadron-42-update-141477

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
Someone tries to convince me, that Squadron 42 was never intended for early access for backers.

But I'm convinced that was the case and the Kickstarter page suggests, that backers get exclusive access to Star Citizen as a whole (which was one singleplayer/multiplayer game back then, before CIG got sued for making two games).

I'm also pretty sure, that Squadron 42 beta for backers was on the schedule at one point and I would have never backed it, if "pay and wait unlimited years without anything in hand" would've been the proposal. Can someone point me to the evidence, if any is left?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »
Someone tries to convince me, that Squadron 42 was never intended for early access for backers.

It's rubbish. Ask them to cite their sources.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »
It's rubbish.
I know it's rubbish, but a screenshot or video snippet of Croberts promising backers early access to Squadron 42 missions would be more helpful.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »
I know it's rubbish, but a screenshot or video snippet of Croberts promising backers early access to Squadron 42 missions would be more helpful.

Why do you even need that? Why not just defer to the KS pitch?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

"For the people who pledge for their spaceship in the Star Citizen universe, you’ll be part of a select club that has exclusive access to early gameplay and behind the scenes development updates."

And SQ42 was just another game mode like Star Marine, Arena Commander etc

Squadron 42 - A Wing Commander style single player mode, playable OFFLINE if you want
Playable offline or online, co-op with friends, you sign up for a tour of duty with the UEE fleet, manning the front lines, protecting settlements from Vanduul warbands.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2019, 10:21:29 PM »
Why do you even need that? Why not just defer to the KS pitch?
They are already reinterpreting the KS pitch, where "Open Galaxy" turns into "MMO" and where we pretend two games were planned right from the start. Also people are referring to 2014 and 2015 events as if they happened in 2012.

There is nothing you can do about this kind of revisionism and I'm not going to put in the effort to dig up old shit to prove someone wrong on the Internet. In the day and age where you can retroactively edit old YouTube videos without reuploading them, that's rather pointless.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »
True, but you said this:

"I know it's rubbish, but a screenshot or video snippet of Croberts promising backers early access to Squadron 42 missions would be more helpful."

How is that more or less helpful than using the actual project's initial goal which has the same irrefutable information/evidence?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2019, 04:18:44 AM »
Yeah, this is totally coming out in Q2 2020

wiser3754

« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2019, 04:41:58 PM »
Well at least they're being honest *chuckle*.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2019, 10:18:39 PM »
Yeah, this is totally coming out in Q2 2020

Silly Derek. You just don't understand game development.

Once x is done it will be so much quicker to do y.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk