Author Topic: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch  (Read 122415 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Squadron 42 Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2019, 07:25:13 AM »

Oh yeah, this schedule is amazing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »
Is there anything in here that suggests SQ42 will be released in Beta in time as per assurances to his latest investors etc ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2019, 02:37:38 PM »
Is there anything in here that suggests SQ42 will be released in Beta in time as per assurances to his latest investors etc ?

:emot-laffo: what does your heart tell you?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2019, 06:48:58 AM »
It seems like the majority of CIG's fans don't really even care about Squander 42, how it is supposed to sell AAAAA numbers to the general populace I have no idea.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »
Stagnant

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2019, 07:04:39 AM »
It seems like the majority of CIG's fans don't really even care about Squander 42, how it is supposed to sell AAAAA numbers to the general populace I have no idea.

Reddit told me that it would sell more than Halo (5 million units) :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
:emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
Negative progress. Things are looking good!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »

helimoth

« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2019, 01:07:49 AM »
Q3 2020 Beta  :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »
At least they're not pretending anymore

helimoth

« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2019, 02:31:45 PM »
I just don't see how S42 is going to be anywhere near the kind of high-fidelity masterpiece everyone thinks it is going to be on release. The Mo-Cap probably won't be. Now I'm no expert at all on Mo-Cap but listen to what Charlie Anson (an S42 actor) said during the filming for the MoCap stuff in Ealing studios (skip to 1:40)
He says the last time he did Mo-Cap was 5 years ago and it has 'evolved' since then and I think the choice of the word 'evolved' is significant. Well 5 years after that video was posted is the 'best case scenario' (aka won't happen) release date for S42. If the trend of before of Mo-Cap 'evolving' in 5 years happens again and I don't see why it won't then it's safe to assume S42 is going to ship with very dated Mo-Cap.

On a bit of a tangent it was bothering me so much about who that Charlie Anson guy was (it doesn't say his name in the S42 video) but it does have his name on the S42 IMDB

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

That's when I realised where I had seen this guy before !
Here he is on Dragons Den (UK version of Shark Tank) pitching his idea for a cartoon drawing business. I checked google but sadly the business has closed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:34:20 PM by helimoth »

N0mad

« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2019, 04:39:52 AM »
I just don't see how S42 is going to be anywhere near the kind of high-fidelity masterpiece everyone thinks it is going to be on release. The Mo-Cap probably won't be. Now I'm no expert at all on Mo-Cap but listen to what Charlie Anson (an S42 actor) said during the filming for the MoCap stuff in Ealing studios (skip to 1:40) .

I'm not sure the slightly outdated mocap technology is their biggest concern. I suspect all the mocap data will have to be reduced in quality to fit into a video game animation system anyway so any advances in high def mocap recording that have been made since will be irrelevant.

Their biggest concern should be that their shiny StarEngine will be outdated technology if it ever reaches a release date: RTX ray tracing technology is making the CryEngine visuals seem irrelevant. And plenty of people are implementing server technology which can support 100s of players (Dual Universe / Infinity Battlescape etc).

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
Yes, this is totally coming out in Q3/20. Fer realz!

wiser3754

« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2019, 06:13:58 PM »
At least the ship 3d parhfinding AI V2 is done. Never thought that would be finished given the state of the A.i in the PU.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk