Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 289435 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
I know what m/s means :-)

It's just a stupid table with such large numbers. There is no quick reference to what kind of speed it actually is. Why not 50.511,32 km/s?

Right. I guess he wanted to stick with what the game actually uses, since backers would already be familiar with it.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jham

« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »
Those long travel times are deadly for streamers. If I streamed games I would hate trying to keep my audience interested for 10 minutes while nothing is happening.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #302 on: November 14, 2018, 04:53:38 PM »
Those long travel times are deadly for streamers. If I streamed games I would hate trying to keep my audience interested for 10 minutes while nothing is happening.

Yeah whatever, ten minutes is nothing when you're got serious ice cube physics in your virtual space whisky... Did you know this virtual whisky was 200 years old!!! Amazing.

StanTheMan

« Reply #303 on: November 14, 2018, 05:12:05 PM »
You are going to be able to access the shops "online" from your ships so you can buy more outfits etc on long journeys.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2018, 05:38:08 AM »

@ 8:16

:emot-lol:

Hey, who remembers back when I said these guys still hadn't figured this out yet?

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2018, 08:17:39 AM »
@ 8:16

:emot-lol:

Hey, who remembers back when I said these guys still hadn't figured this out yet?

LOL to hear say we are building this huge planet so you can see very far off lod then say you won't be able to go to most places on the planet.
 :emot-ughh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #306 on: November 17, 2018, 04:44:58 AM »

Latest roadmap is out. Yeah, we're well into 2019 now.

And with ArcCorp that will be 2 planets. Remember back when the stretch goals had 106 systems? By the end of 2019, they wouldn't have even built a SINGLE system.

As I wrote back in Sept, let’s wind back a bit. Back in 2012, via stretch goals, they promised  106 starsystems  with literally hundreds  of planets and moons.

1. $6M: 100 starsystems
2. $36M: Tamsa
3. $37M: Tanga
4. $38M: Cano
5. $39M: UDS-2943-01-22
6. $40M: Kabal & Oretani

Tech constraints aside, they have yet to build and release a  single  starsystem to completion. Here is the full proposed interactive starmap that went live a couple of years back. That’s what they claim they would build.

Meanwhile, over there, this is how they continue to milk the whales. You have to buy a monthly sub for $10 or $20 in order to gain access to the latest 3.3.5 PTU (which has Lorville)

"No. I believe you need to be a subscriber. My PTU was greyed out, then I bought a sub for a month and I was then able to copy my account to PTU"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:04:37 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #307 on: November 17, 2018, 05:24:46 AM »

And if people wanted to stream exploration.....a month of doing nothing much.

Motto

« Reply #308 on: November 17, 2018, 05:26:28 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #309 on: November 17, 2018, 05:35:21 AM »
Meanwhile, someone glitched onto the train tracks. No collision detect.

https://gfycat.com/AggravatingUnknownIchneumonfly

jham

« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2018, 06:26:24 AM »
It's amazing that 3.4.0 is 28% done yet is still marked for release in Q4 2018.

They might as well put "This is all lies" at the top of the roadmap.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2018, 06:30:37 AM »
Well, since they tend to move stuff out of one build into the next, my guess is that they're probably going to do that at some point later this month. It's early days yet.

David-2

« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
Looks like all our joy at there being missing gameplay in SC is off target.  There is gameplay!  Just not what you expect.  But at the same time more than what you expect.

I don't want to give it away before you read this fine post but basically the gameplay in 3.3.5 consists of learning/exercising patience.  If you look at SC as a whole - everything from the nano-level (standing around 40s in elevators each time you go for a ship) to the micro-level (running frantically from place to place for minutes a time to ultimately achieve nothing, and then to repeat that indefinitely) to the mid-level (watching ATV to find out what the 400+ devs are going to deliver next year maybe) to the macro-level (waiting 6+ years for a game you paid for) - you can see that the whole thing is a reaction to the daily grind, the rat race, the endless brutal cutthroat competition to climb the ladder, to reaching whatever level you manage to reach only to stomp on the people below you in order to keep your place.  And you call that security?  You call that happiness?  You call that life?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9xuyor/the_hell_that_is_335e/e9w3xae/

Slow down, smell the roses. Breath in.  Breath out.  Accept.

In Star Citizen the "player" (i.e., human being) is immersed in a context wherein he can learn the Four Noble Truths:

• The truth of suffering (Dukkha)
  • The truth of the origin of suffering (Samudāya)
  • The truth of the cessation of suffering (Nirodha)
  • The truth of the path to the cessation of suffering (Magga)

Now, having been introduced the the truth you may proceed along the Eightfold Way, the proper way to live your life.

Goal: enlightenment.

Namaste.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:59:48 PM by David-2 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2018, 05:42:04 AM »

dexatron

« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2018, 07:35:02 AM »
In other words... they've built an Airport simulator  :cool:
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk