Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 289593 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch
« Reply #270 on: November 12, 2018, 05:46:09 AM »
In case you missed it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vs112/evocati_335_initial_patchnotes/

New Features
Universe
Added new planet: Hurston.
Hurston is the first true planet and as such is considerably larger than moons. Numerous biomes exist on its surface in addition to several HMC (Hurston Mining Center) outposts.
Added new moons: Aberdeen, Magda, Arial, and Ita and populated them with a handful of outposts.
Added new major station: Lorville
Lorville is a large city area on Hurston and only has one legal area for landing and port entry, with space above residential and commercial areas are protected by a no-fly zone. Players will be warned when they are entering that zone via HUD warnings, visual indicators, and increasing audio alerts. Continuing into the zone will result in ship destruction. To move around the city, there is a train style transit system and signs to help guide your way. Lorville contains numerous shops including the New Deal ship shop.

UPDATE: They pushed it directly to PTU now. No Evocati

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-3-5-ptu-987405-patch-notes
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:23:24 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #271 on: November 12, 2018, 06:51:28 AM »
In case you missed it...

New Features
Universe
Hurston is the first true planet and as such is considerably larger than moons. Numerous biomes exist on its surface in addition to several HMC (Hurston Mining Center) outposts.
Added new moons: Aberdeen, Magda, Arial, and Ita and populated them with a handful of outposts.
Lorville is a large city area on Hurston and only has one legal area for landing and port entry, with space above residential and commercial areas are protected by a no-fly zone. Players will be warned when they are entering that zone via HUD warnings, visual indicators, and increasing audio alerts. Continuing into the zone will result in ship destruction. To move around the city, there is a train style transit system and signs to help guide your way. Lorville contains numerous shops including the New Deal ship shop.

I'm actually a bit surprised they are even in the position to move it to PTU. It will be interesting to see what this does to the performance of the servers. I guess they will still be getting the kind of performance they get it Lagski and worse at some of these new locations. I wonder if the servers will be able to handle it when there are a decent amount of players on or whether it will exacerbate the lag and crash issues.

jwh1701

« Reply #272 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:57 AM »
In case you missed it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vs112/evocati_335_initial_patchnotes/

New Features
Universe

So much for the city tech video where they flew in and around the city.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #273 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »

maybe they could sell passes for $100 dollars for 5 mins flying over the city :D

StanTheMan

« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
maybe they could sell passes for $100 dollars for 5 mins flying over the city :D

$200 if you can piss or crap on the Backers below you.

Hurston will be a shopping centre - deluded fools will be able to buy more jpegs to while away the time whilst some gameplay is thought up in a decade or so.

Umbrella anyone ?

David-2

« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »

Well you gotta admire their brass.  Having been unable to fix a bug where anyone flying over most of the city destroyed the ship and crashed the server - they declared it a feature and documented it in the release notes!  Job done and dev resources saved!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:00:20 PM by David-2 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2018, 05:25:42 AM »
Well you gotta admire their brass.  Having been unable to fix a bug where anyone flying over most of the city destroyed the ship and crashed the server - they declared it a feature and documented it in the release notes!  Job done and dev resources saved!

I don't believe that's why they disabled flying over the city. The performance must be completely horrid (worse than Levski), that's probably why they put No Fly Zones around the whole city.

I can't even stop laughing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »
What a dumb, empty, shallow and utterly stupid person you have to be, living a dumb, shallow and utterly stupid life, to still believe that CIG is capable of eventually building and releasing a game.

Hi there! (I'm waving.)

So despite some here saying goodbye to 3.3.5 for this year, (see previous page), it seems it's on PTU already. Some great screenshots on Reddit. I wonder what the frames are like.

It looks to me like they're still raking in the cash, still making progress, still making the game. Exciting huh?

I'm not sure how my belief that I'll get a couple of cool video games out of CIG at some point makes my life dumb, shallow and stupid. My wife, daughter and thousands of returning clients, would be very surprised to hear it.

Maybe, just maybe, it's those who spend their precious time writing diatribes online that very few care about and those who whoop and hollar encouragement with lies, conjecture and guesswork galore, who are the dumb, shallow and sad ones. I don't know. I do know it's just a video game in development though. So there's that.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2018, 12:00:27 PM »
Some great screenshots on Reddit. I wonder what the frames are like.

Wow, screenshots! Can't wait. Soon everyone will be able to fly around with a terrible flight model and post the screenshots to Reddit to fool others into thinking SC is a game.

CR be praised.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
I think I had better flight controls on my Mattle Vertibird than this 200 million dollar game has. At least it reacted in more realistic manner because it actually was lifting itself in an atmosphere against gravity and dealt with inertia and a bit of momentum. Things that are lacking in Star Citizen. But you can land on a buggy planet, Oh they are all buggy planets and moons you say.... Well if you cant get good NPCs or AI to play against at least if the planet kills you there is a certain challenge to surviving a mission, there is always that to look forward to   :smiley:

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
So are you sad that they'll probably be getting enough money, and therefore time, to make this exciting, ($200m in sales), bare bones alpha into a proper game, or do y'all 'know' that they're definitely going to run out of money, lawsuit or otherwise, before they can?

Also, are you more sure now or 3 years ago when some of you first made the claim?

Motto

« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2018, 03:06:07 PM »
Oh dear God, there's Stupendipity again. There is no game, there will be no game and this whole Star Citizen has turned into a scam of epic proportions. If they indeed have received 200 million dollars and this current 3.4 alpha build is all they have to show for after seven years in development with a team of about 400 people for the last couple of years, you have to be a complete and utter moron to still believe that CIG is capable of delivering anything remotely resembling the game(s) as promised, or to believe that there is (enough) money left for the next couple of years.

What is the deal with you? Are you just trolling, are you really that dumb, or are you living such a meaningless shallow life that the dream of Star Citizen is the only thing that is keeping you from killing yourself? I'm at a loss for words. Really. That goes for all those idiots still thinking this will end well. Are you a flat-earther too? Wouldn't surprise me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:21:01 PM by Motto »

jwh1701

« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
So are you sad that they'll probably be getting enough money, and therefore time, to make this exciting, ($200m in sales), bare bones alpha into a proper game, or do y'all 'know' that they're definitely going to run out of money, lawsuit or otherwise, before they can?

Also, are you more sure now or 3 years ago when some of you first made the claim?

The progress is still very slow on the ks goals that I still do not believe they can deliver what is promised to the backers. On the flip side I would absolutely be ecstatic if they finished the ks and extended goals and delivered what was originally promised. Chris also made major missteps with Crytek I believe it has and will continue to cost the backers substantial money. When he started extremely expensive mo-capping before the foundation was done I was greatly disappointed. I believe they have and are continuing to leech the project considering the heinous accounting errors. They have yet do anything that is substantial enough to warrant any change on that belief. It would take an immense change in the development and operation for me to believe anything else looking back over all the red flags.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:49:25 PM by jwh1701 »

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »

Some of you were claiming this would be finished by now three years ago, and yet here we are, still in early alpha.

I honestly hope they manage to keep going, seeing all the whales money being poured down the drain for very little is good fun.

If they get to 400mil they may get squadron 42 out

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2018, 04:32:49 PM »
Hi there! (I'm waving.)

So despite some here saying goodbye to 3.3.5 for this year, (see previous page), it seems it's on PTU already. Some great screenshots on Reddit. I wonder what the frames are like.

It looks to me like they're still raking in the cash, still making progress, still making the game. Exciting huh?

I'm not sure how my belief that I'll get a couple of cool video games out of CIG at some point makes my life dumb, shallow and stupid. My wife, daughter and thousands of returning clients, would be very surprised to hear it.

Maybe, just maybe, it's those who spend their precious time writing diatribes online that very few care about and those who whoop and hollar encouragement with lies, conjecture and guesswork galore, who are the dumb, shallow and sad ones. I don't know. I do know it's just a video game in development though. So there's that.

:emot-lol:

I guess you haven't "played" 3.3.5 then? Because every single stream (e.g. FTR played for two hours today, and I posted the link) shows that the whole this is a mess running at 17 fps

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk