Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294891 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen 3.x Progress Watch
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »
I've been patiently waiting but would prefer all good things to come in the right time and not be rushed.

Right. Well I kept hinting at the Crytek lawsuit for over 8 months. Vven when I thought CIG was smart enough to settle it, I was secretly hoping they'd be dumb enough not to. Then they exceeded my expectations. :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2018, 05:04:48 PM »
Just wait, you'll see.

That's just it, I don't want to wait. I want it dead, right now. And then see what'll happen. On Reddit, someone asked if this was a good time to buy the game. I only said NO. Got me a 30 day ban.

I'm done waiting. The big guns is what I want  :angry:

StanTheMan

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »
That's just it, I don't want to wait. I want it dead, right now. And then see what'll happen. On Reddit, someone asked if this was a good time to buy the game. I only said NO. Got me a 30 day ban.

Jees.

I got a perm ban for saying Bored Gamer has depression...

N0mad

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2018, 01:15:07 AM »
But as I've said, it's more detrimental than Crytek's lawsuit. And it changes everything. Just wait, you'll see.

Is this the internal problem at CIG you've alluded to?

Any idea of the timescale before it gets made public? (I'm only asking for a best guess here - I know these things can be unpredictable)

jwh1701

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »
Jees.

I got a perm ban for saying Bored Gamer has depression...

I'm on my third account in two months, my triple comments to lando got me banned lol.

Penny579

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 12:22:59 AM »
Hey, new schedule is out. We're in 2019 territory now. And we'd still be stuck in Stanton (which still won't be finished) system. Which is 1 of 100 they promised.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

Remember back when I said this "game" was never going to see the light of day, and that the 2016 schedule was bullshit?

LOL

3.2 2018 - Task - FPS AI
3.5 2019 - Task - FPS AI....styles

it will be done by Q2 2018 but we are still planning to be working on in 2019... mislead much ?

id like to be ... clear something up... because I think a lot of people don't understand... uhhh and what i'm trying to say is at CIG when we SAY  something is complete we mean ..  ermmm word salad... and you know JUST because it needs a bunch more work, or missing a bunch of critical features to, doesn't mean it is not ready to be marketed as YOU KNOW finished ... word salad with helmet polish ... and welll errr  you can see we ... ahhh  i mean i think we have been very clear with our TRANSPARENT development ... word salad ... we have a "promotion'  you can play these new finished mechanics now !!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »

:emot-lol:

Well, tbh, I am more concerned about the people who are just trying to do their jobs, take care of their families etc, and who play no part in this active scam. I know that it can be hard to distinguish those innocent people from the execs and enablers who are part of perpetrating a scam.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »
id like to be ... clear something up... because I think a lot of people don't understand... uhhh and what i'm trying to say is at CIG when we SAY  something is complete we mean ..  ermmm word salad... and you know JUST because it needs a bunch more work, or missing a bunch of critical features to, doesn't mean it is not ready to be marketed as YOU KNOW finished ... word salad with helmet polish ... and welll errr  you can see we ... ahhh  i mean i think we have been very clear with our TRANSPARENT development ... word salad ... we have a "promotion'  you can play these new finished mechanics now !!

I don't know what the issue is tbh. All of that makes perfect sense. To the morons who keep giving them money.  :emot-allears:

Aya Reiko

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
When I see a SC Progression Chart, all I can think of are goal posts.  Specifically, moving them.

Then a new chart shows up and they are moved again.

Rinse.  Repeat.

Motto

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:18:05 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Shocking. Didn't I say that they were just doing check boxes now, and that the state of any item doesn't even need to be finished or in working condition? That's their race to the MVP.

Motto

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 02:40:23 PM »
They don't seriously think that whatever they call MVP will absolve them from anything they own the backers? They can't be that stupid  :lipsrsealed:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 03:22:39 PM »
They don't seriously think that whatever they call MVP will absolve them from anything they own the backers? They can't be that stupid  :lipsrsealed:

Seriously, that's what they're going for. The reason is simple. In software development, there is no "guarantee of performance". And it's also in their TOS as well, as it is in all similar agreements (e.g. your Windows, Apple, Google etc agreements). So all they have to do is implement something, regardless of how shitty or incomplete it is, and they're in the clear. e.g. take the flight model. It's shit, but it's there - and they never have to touch it again. Latest example was their mining logic.

So if you go down the list of promises in the campaign, then compare to what they have implemented thus far, it is clear to see what they're doing. As long as they hit all those check boxes in some fashion or another, legally, they are 100% in the clear because NONE of it has to actually work.

I don't think backers realize what's going on yet. But wait, what comes next, is going to bring them all out of their collectively induced coma of denial. They thought the Crytek lawsuit was shocking.

StanTheMan

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »
Seriously, that's what they're going for. The reason is simple. In software development, there is no "guarantee of performance". And it's also in their TOS as well, as it is in all similar agreements (e.g. your Windows, Apple, Google etc agreements). So all they have to do is implement something, regardless of how shitty or incomplete it is, and they're in the clear. e.g. take the flight model. It's shit, but it's there - and they never have to touch it again. Latest example was their mining logic.

So if you go down the list of promises in the campaign, then compare to what they have implemented thus far, it is clear to see what they're doing. As long as they hit all those check boxes in some fashion or another, legally, they are 100% in the clear because NONE of it has to actually work.

I don't think backers realize what's going on yet. But wait, what comes next, is going to bring them all out of their collectively induced coma of denial. They thought the Crytek lawsuit was shocking.

How do they get over things like the number of star systems ?  He has promised a lot so even allowing for the bar to be very very low on what is technically in the game CIG are still a very long way off "minimum safe distance" from a legal standpoint arn't they ?

I'm on my third account in two months, my triple comments to lando got me banned lol.

Remind us what you are alleged to have said ... :police:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:31:18 PM by StanTheMan »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2018, 04:45:01 AM »
How do they get over things like the number of star systems ?  He has promised a lot so even allowing for the bar to be very very low on what is technically in the game CIG are still a very long way off "minimum safe distance" from a legal standpoint arn't they ?

Couldn't they just introduce a jump gate with 100 dropdown options that potentially send you to another zone like Wank Ollisar/Crudsader? With a recolored star and recolored moons and break it after 1-2 minor patches that "improve" jump-gate performance/loading times. After that they can say they have the 100 systems but need to refactor the pipelines and never touch it again.

The problem comes when it's time to prove whether or not it's deliberately hosed or caused due to ineptitude. With CIG I think we have a precedent in which both will be true at the same time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk