Author Topic: Star Citizen Dev Progress Watch  (Read 294960 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen 3.x Progress Watch
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 05:21:33 AM »
What does Amber mean , or no Icon ?

No change.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 04:36:21 AM »
Does anyone even bother to read this bs anymore?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2018, 05:03:59 AM »

Do you?

Sarcasm aside. It should be pretty obvious to everyone and their grandmothers that each update just includes more shiny stuff into an increasingly unstable model viewer application with shoddy 3rd grade networking so you can see other people viewing models (and possibly wanking while pretending to carry boxes). Anything that could result in upgrading the model viewer into an actual game gets pushed to the next Jesus™ patch and shitizen will praise this to high heavens. How could they not see... HOW? :angry:

jwh1701

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »

My guess would be the great performance increase due the polishing. I suspect they will just keep pushing anything helping actual gameplay to the next release. It's likes sc backers have come out in mass past week on reddit defending releases or dev speed.  I really do not understand  the dramatic up tick in my messages over the last week.

N0mad

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
My guess would be the great performance increase due the polishing. I suspect they will just keep pushing anything helping actual gameplay to the next release. It's likes sc backers have come out in mass past week on reddit defending releases or dev speed.  I really do not understand  the dramatic up tick in my messages over the last week.

This has always been the case with SC. They're very good a getting art assets done (and redone, and polished), but when it comes to anything which requires some programming skill (networking, game mechanics, AI - ie. things which are required for gameplay) they seem completely unable to produce anything.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
Do you?

Yes - I do. Because I'm an autistic bastard who revels in the thought that I was right. :emot-lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
I really do not understand  the dramatic up tick in my messages over the last week.

Well, right through May-June, it's been one fuck-up controversy after another. And the Star Citizen Defense Force know they have to mobilize because the narrative is already lost, and the project is the laughing stock of all gaming.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:54:49 PM by dsmart »

jwh1701

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
Well, right through May-June, it's been on fuck-up controversy after another. And the Star Citizen Defense Force know they have to mobilize because the narrative is already lost, and the project is the laughing stock of all gaming.

You must be right the onslaught of messages and down votes seems just as high as this time last year.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2018, 05:52:52 AM »
3.2 is out of Evocati and is available to PTU (subscribers, concierge, 1st wave of backer invites). When you see the list of obvious bugs, you have to - again - ask, what is the purpose of Evocati?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-2-0-ptu-785795-patch-notes-fu

As expected, mining is an absolute blast!!

LOL!! That looks NOTHING like the mechanics they sold back in 2015. DESIGN NOTES - MINING. Also, the Orion mining ship isn't in the game.

Meanwhile, over there :emot-lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8sgxe8/aight_so_the_first_implementation_of_mining_is/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:31:45 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2018, 11:44:18 AM »

the_wolfmann

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2018, 01:07:54 AM »
The heck? Did that guy lazor at a rock for 8 minutes without anything happening? Is there something of this tier 0 mining mechanic that I'm missing?

Motto

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »
Clearly you don't understand game developing

David-2

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2018, 08:42:47 AM »
The heck? Did that guy lazor at a rock for 8 minutes without anything happening?

What's your point?  What do you do for fun, huh?    :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2018, 02:02:27 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk