Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187738 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2018, 05:47:09 AM »
They removed/replaced some items from today's event. Anyway, for all the hilarity, we will be on my Discord server (invite code 7nUXA9u) tonight

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:59:59 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2018, 08:09:19 AM »
wow, these people are going to wait THREE HOURS in line. That's dedication.

https://twitter.com/Bomer_Fett/status/1050035437199347712

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2018, 09:17:48 AM »
They have their own stream up now

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:09:48 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
Well, that was shit.

N0mad

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 02:05:53 PM »
Didn't CR imply that they had OCS working in the build they demonstrated?

Because when they did their dev console goto trick they didn't need a loading screen, almost as though it was already in memory. If OCS really was running there should have been a short load screen.

All in all, another beautiful tech demo which the masses won't see in the PTU this side of 2020, if ever. Also, still no compelling gameplay to speak of, just a walk / drive / fly somewhere pick something up sim.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:25:57 PM by N0mad »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:09 AM »
I am waiting for the fallout from tomorrows court battle before updating and publishing my next article which covers ShitizenCon 2018, the latest financials, as well as the court battle.

Meantime, here is a thread I started yesterday and finished today.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1050072922788904973

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2018, 07:37:27 AM »

Road To Release keynote segment

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:32:55 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2018, 01:05:38 PM »
Just ignore everything Chris said at the show, and watch this impromptu interview that Brian Chambers - one the BEST guys they have - did with Angry Joe

Also around @ 08:28, he says there are about 450 devs now working on the project.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:07:19 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »
"The Road To Release" strap line will keep plenty more $ rolling in from fools but the take is way down according to the Analytics Project.

This whole presentation was a joke and he describes things as though they have been going a few months and we have never heard of "persistence" in an MMO before...

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=53.195

This is an interesting article on how people ignore the the evidence before them if they don't like the solutions that the evidence suggests are required.

"When participants were given solutions to climate change that Republicans opposed ideologically — tax rises, regulation and so forth — the proportion who believed the original scientific statements about the rise in temperatures was low. When told the solution was extra government regulation, just 22 per cent of Republicans believed temperatures would go up by as much as the experts said.

Yet when they were told that there were free market solutions to global warming, 55 per cent of Republicans said that they agreed with the original scientific statements."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/let-s-stop-kidding-ourselves-about-politics-3566vsgqj

SC Backers will carry on believing as long as there are solutions on the table they like the sound of.

But their money to keep paying for them is going to run out sooner rather than later.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:44:36 AM by StanTheMan »

jwh1701

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »
"The Road To Release" strap line will keep plenty more $ rolling in from fools but the take is way down according to the Analytics Project.

I agree the boards over on reddit are just so crazy, after watching the dumpster fire they are calling them nasa engineers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9nkceg/holy_crapanyone_notice_this_before_the_keynote/

StanTheMan

« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
On LTI.

If the game was getting released he would have a point wouldn't he ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9ncc6x/freelancer_cost_breakdown_one_of_the_more/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2018, 11:05:06 AM »
I agree the boards over on reddit are just so crazy, after watching the dumpster fire they are calling them nasa engineers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9nkceg/holy_crapanyone_notice_this_before_the_keynote/

You know they're morons, right?

StanTheMan

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »
Yes I saw that post....presumably the Russians will be headhunting SC developers to help with the recent Soyuz problems.

I can see a % sign on one of the boards but it looks like its left over from an incomplete clean.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:39:08 AM by StanTheMan »

David-2

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »

So sorry to hear you say that.  Because, I'm really excited to see the realistic visual effects when they get all the physics correct w.r.t. gravitational lensing caused by dark objects occluding visible stars/galaxies/etc., as seen being planned/scoped in the lower left corner here.

But if you really think they're morons … then maybe they won't actually accomplish that?

jwh1701

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »
Yes I saw that post....presumably the Russians will be headhunting SC developers to help with the recent Soyuz problems.

I can see a % sign on one of the boards but it looks like its left over from an incomplete clean.

LOL

Lol after years of abuse from them I thought they were just misguided but I believe your statement is dead on.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:30:28 PM by jwh1701 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk