Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187704 times)

jwh1701

Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »
It's going to be a major fiasco with mass layoffs. Not the quiet fade that some are thinking.

Thx to the refund / elite D votes my karma is doing very well despite all the down votes.

Here's what I posted in the thread.

====
In many ways anthem demos and SC demos have much in common.

With delays going over 4 years were heading into duke territory.

krylite

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2019, 05:22:45 AM »
Thx to the refund / elite D votes my karma is doing very well despite all the down votes.

Here's what I posted in the thread.

====
In many ways anthem demos and SC demos have much in common.

With delays going over 4 years were heading into duke territory.

Interesting good comparisons. I'd noticed in another Anthem review, the author was mentioning EA made a bad choice of mandating the "frostbite" engine for Anthem, also touching on the failures of ME:Andromeda.

which starts at 4:15s -> (www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmk0fZe-Qr4&feature=youtu.be&t=4m15s)
So CIG/SC is kind of similar in that way with upper management pushing a problem engine fit to the game goal aspirations, except of course CR had turned the SC project into a massive insidious fraud of a ponzi early on, and the shitizens are far more deluded and willingly swindled while Anthem was just a product of mistakes still released, with no technical debt to ongoing backers.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:30:36 AM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
Interesting good comparisons. I'd noticed in another Anthem review, the author was mentioning EA made a bad choice of mandating the "frostbite" engine for Anthem, also touching on the failures of ME:Andromeda.

That was great video, like you stated they engine was a terrible choice and even more so with the scope. We know the engine as already cost 2mill, and the backers lover to say they are making the tools year after year. I wonder how much of the dev money went into layering code it was never designed for. All the video needs to remove bioware and put in CI add some nepotism sprinkled with corruption.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:01:24 PM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »
So they created a new tutorial.

Get this. It's based on the old flight model - which is already obsolete with the upcoming 3.5 patch.

The comments are glorious :emot-lol:

"Instructions unclear. I ended up buying a fridge?"
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2019, 01:39:42 AM »
So they created a new tutorial.

Get this. It's based on the old flight model - which is already obsolete with the upcoming 3.5 patch.

The comments are glorious :emot-lol:

"Instructions unclear. I ended up buying a fridge?"

On top of that take into consideration the near brain dead A.I. Without decent A.I the dogfighting will be utterly lackluster and devoid of challenge.
I was watching a backer called "The Eradicator" and when attempting to take down a pirate on Hurston the A.I couldn't distinguish between the ground and open sky. Hilarious but just a facepalm in the end.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2019, 05:57:55 AM »
AtV going on 3 week hiatus. Then it's once a month now.

@ 17:52

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »
LOL!! Once again, it looks like I forced CIG to issue a statement about their latest shenanigans.

Remember my thread about Faceware hardware?

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1111336559280832512

Guess what just popped up on the official boards.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/star-citizen-motion-sensor

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:35:08 AM by dsmart »

StanTheMan

« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2019, 06:12:54 PM »
If they are getting upset about their CCUs they are going to be apoplectic when CIG goes belly up.

:cry:

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2019, 05:56:01 AM »
The on-going fiasco. CCUs are gone

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bkpvp5/psa_the_deletion_of_the_0_ccus_has_reportedly/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/0-ccu-update-1/2016768

I totally didn't see that coming :emot-lol:

My take:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1125015691696984064

CCU allowed you to buy a low-cost upgrade from ShipA to ShipB. For a time, you could buy that upgrade for $0, then sit on it. We're talking JPEGs here too btw.

Derek Smart
@dsmart
·
May 5
You $0 CCU from ShipA to ShipB (which cost $100 more). But the $0 CCU could be used at any time. If ShipB goes on sale for $500, you can now get it for $400; and in some cases depending on how many tokens you're sitting, get it for $0.

This is simply not true. $0 CCU did not allow you to get a $500 ship for $0. It allowed you to change a $500 ship into another $500 ship. Jpeg. Whatever.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
If you have several tokens, you can get a ship for $0. What are you even talking about?

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2019, 07:30:14 AM »
No you can't. CCUs change a ship that you have already paid for. You can change a ship to another ship. There is no way of using CCUs to get a ship for free. That would be ridiculous.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2019, 04:31:29 PM »
No you can't. CCUs change a ship that you have already paid for. You can change a ship to another ship. There is no way of using CCUs to get a ship for free. That would be ridiculous.

I don't have time to argue with you; so I will just let someone else explain it

got a while? if so, read on, if not, then relax, this won’t really affect very much

they provided a way to change one ship to another – the cross chassis upgrade (CCU), useful since ship stats constantly change this allow players to swap out

So if I have an Aurora and want to make it an Avenger I purchase a CCU for the price difference and apply it, I keep everything in the original package (like the hangar, the insurance, any perks) but the ship changes from Aurora to Avenger

some of those CCUs would allow a change between ships of equal value – hence the $0 CCU. Most CCUs cost $$, but the $0 ones allowed people to simply stock up for free

I got several $0 CCUs to allow me some flexibility to swap ships as development progresses.

But CIG erred in their system, they left a hole. See when ships increase in price, anyone with a CCU for that ship also saw an increase in the value of that CCU.

So the grey market was making bank, at CIGs expense, from people gaming this incredibly arcane and complex system. The classic example would have been the Redeemer>Merchantman $0 CCU. The Merchantman went up in price $100 and folks would have been able to essentially get a ship valued at $350 for $250 using $0 CCUs. So they kept the Redeemer off of the market to prevent this (under the guide of a rework).

Some folks had 1000s of these $0 CCUs, they would have used them to either get discounts or to make a profit on the grey market, so CIG ended it. It was done hamhandedly, and while it solved a few issues for CIG it was done at the expense of the early backers who played CIGs game too well.

I’m not sad to see $0 CCUs go away because I’d rather CIG profited from the sale of ships in order to fund the game (and Chris’s five mansions in the Bahamas) but it does make some ship upgrades problematic.

this can look like another shady marketing decision, another cash grab, another sign that CIG is desperate for cash and cares more for new money than old money. It doesn’t help that thee algorithms they used to automagically remove $0 CCUs was flawed – i still have several in my hangar and some folks are complaining they lost CCUS that they paid cash for.

now if you want to swap a ship for another one of the same value you must melt the original ship and use the store credits to buy the other. This hurts some players as they lose the perks from the original package when they melt it, so things like LTI in the package are lost, and this can be a big deal for folks who have some of the more valuable old packages

but the worst part for me is that this is another episode of drama and mistakes, these little foot-shootings need to stop

not really a big deal except for those of us following on a very fine scale, in the end analysis its just another little bump

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #268 on: May 09, 2019, 07:29:06 AM »
In no way does that explain how you get a free ship. You can get a discount on a ship if one goes up in price but you still need to buy the first ship.

The reason you don't have time to explain how I'm wrong is because I'm not wrong and you can't explain it.

It's true you could get a $300 ship for $200 or whatever, but for free? Nope. Never. Utterly ridiculous and ignorant to suggest otherwise.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #269 on: May 09, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »
Maybe it will help if you know what CCU actually means. Cross Chassis Upgrade.

You need a chassis from which to upgrade. Can you get a free ship to start with? Nope. Do you have to buy a chassis from which to upgrade? Yes. Can you, therefore, use CCUs to obtain a free ship? Hell no.

Your lack of understanding should surprise but somehow, doesn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk