Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187684 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #270 on: May 09, 2019, 09:33:22 AM »
So now you've degraded back to semantics? You seriously think I don't know what CCU means, even though you're responding to a post I made with a link to an entire Twitter thread explaining it?

You never cease to dissappoint.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2019, 11:00:56 AM »
It's got nothing to do with semantics. You stated you can get free ships if you have enough CCU tokens. That simply isn't true. You can't get free ships using CCUs. I explained the phrase because it looks you do not have a clue what you're talking about. It's impossible to get free ships using the CCU system.

How many times do I need to say it before you accept you were wrong?

One last go.

You can't get free ships using CCUs. At all. Not ever. Never have. Never will. Nope. Wrong.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »
Wow guys, this while Forbes thing is making me have second thoughts about the viability of this project, I am getting the feeling tha ...OH MY GOD SHINY NEW JPEG OF BIKE WITH ACTUAL WHEELS, I'M GOING TO GET THREE SO I HAVE LTI TOKENS AS WELL EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT CLEAR WHAT THAT WILL EVEN BE AND CIG HAVE NEVER STIFFED ANYONE BEFORE. MY ORG WILL BE LIKE SONS OF ANARCHY IN SPACE BUT A BIT LESS RACIST IT'S GOING TO BE SO FREAKING COOL!!!1!

https://i.redd.it/lf5jv387m7x21.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bmlnh1/tumbril_ranger/

The buying as lti tokens seems to be a thing going from the comments, also must feel good to be able to buy your jpg a day earlier than the plebs as a concierge level backer lol.

I wonder when it will be added to the roadmap...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:56:09 PM by Judge_dolly_OG »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2019, 06:35:09 AM »
It's got nothing to do with semantics. You stated you can get free ships if you have enough CCU tokens. That simply isn't true. You can't get free ships using CCUs. I explained the phrase because it looks you do not have a clue what you're talking about. It's impossible to get free ships using the CCU system.

How many times do I need to say it before you accept you were wrong?

One last go.

You can't get free ships using CCUs. At all. Not ever. Never have. Never will. Nope. Wrong.

Jesus Christ on crutches. Are you even serious? The whole "free" thing implies that you could get a ship for FREE. Obviously in order to use those tokens, you must first have a ship with CCU.

How the loving hell am I still having this discussion? I can buy a game DLC or get it for FREE; but it's useless if I don't have the base game that it's for.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »
Jesus Christ on crutches. Are you even serious? The whole "free" thing implies that you could get a ship for FREE. Obviously in order to use those tokens, you must first have a ship with CCU.

How the loving hell am I still having this discussion? I can buy a game DLC or get it for FREE; but it's useless if I don't have the base game that it's for.

Right back atcha! You can't get a ship for free. You could change a ship for free. These are very different things.

What does 'have a ship with CCU' mean? What tokens are you talking about? It sounds to me like you really don't have a clue. I think you're confused.

You can't get any 'DLC' for free, only change what you've already paid for.

wiser3754

« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
Can I ask anyone here about the funding total at the start of 2019? Looking at the funding chart Star Citizen is just shy of 226 million. On the 20th of December Derek was on the Guard Frequency podcast and he states that CIG had just raised over 211 million.
It's been almost five months and in that time frame only 15 million has been raised. 15 million divided by 5 is 3 million per month. That's way below CIGs monthly burn rate of over 4 million. Are they flying by wire again or are they upside down?

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2019, 02:17:13 AM »
Can I ask anyone here about the funding total at the start of 2019? Looking at the funding chart Star Citizen is just shy of 226 million. On the 20th of December Derek was on the Guard Frequency podcast and he states that CIG had just raised over 211 million.
It's been almost five months and in that time frame only 15 million has been raised. 15 million divided by 5 is 3 million per month. That's way below CIGs monthly burn rate of over 4 million. Are they flying by wire again or are they upside down?

A lot of their funding will come at specific times of year, e.g. around citizencon, when they will inevitably release another expensive white elephant that will not make it into the game.

Afaik the best guesses seem to point to that they will burn through the money they have in 2020/21 so Squander 42 will need to be a success or they need to get more funding.

wiser3754

« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2019, 12:23:59 PM »
The real kick in the balls with Squadron 42 is Crytek winning their injunctive relief complaint against CIG. Should Crytek win, CIG can't sell Squadron 42.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »
The real kick in the balls with Squadron 42 is Crytek winning their injunctive relief complaint against CIG. Should Crytek win, CIG can't sell Squadron 42.

I hope that that doesn't happen personally, I'd prefer it if CIG hang themselves by their own rope and the backers can't deflect blame onto anyone else.

wiser3754

« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2019, 07:10:35 PM »
I hope that that doesn't happen personally, I'd prefer it if CIG hang themselves by their own rope and the backers can't deflect blame onto anyone else.

I wouldn't want the small time devs on this project having a black mark on their resume should CIG fall. The stigma of the fall of this project could have far reaching consequences for any dev working on it.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2019, 01:53:39 AM »
I wouldn't want the small time devs on this project having a black mark on their resume should CIG fall. The stigma of the fall of this project could have far reaching consequences for any dev working on it.

Yeah, people losing jobs is never nice, they must have an idea of where the project is at though, and what is the likely outcome. That said, it is a competitive industry and it's not as easy to switch jobs as in other software industries.

StanTheMan

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2019, 05:55:55 AM »

At this point, I have no reason to believe that it will even get that far. CIG would be dumb not to settle because the risk (given the claims which survived the MtD) is too great.

StanTheMan

« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2019, 07:36:41 AM »
At this point, I have no reason to believe that it will even get that far. CIG would be dumb not to settle because the risk (given the claims which survived the MtD) is too great.

What would be a reasonable settlement figure ?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #284 on: May 18, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
What would be a reasonable settlement figure ?

No clue; but if it was in the low millions, it would have been settled by now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk