Author Topic: Star Citizen Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit  (Read 187596 times)

David-2

Re: Star Citizen - Lies, Ramblings, Jpegs, and Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
That is so cool!  The meta AI is moving all these 20 million NPCs about and throwing dice to see if they'll get raided by pirates during one of these NPC trips and if there is a pirate raid and you happen to be in the same spot in the universe then the NPC mission ship and the NPC pirate ships will all get spawned in to where you're flying and you'll see them combat!  Right there in front of you!  That is awesome!

And, you know, if you don't happen to see that, well, you just weren't in the right place at the right time, because the PU is so big and seamless and stuff and really, there are only so many NPC pirates after all, they can't be raiding all the time everywhere and maybe you'll get a chance to watch something like that tomorrow ...

So you see ... this stuff is already in the Game, Derek, you just haven't been in the right spot to see it!.  Just keep playing.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »
:emot-lol: I totally see what you did there, man!
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »
Damn I missed it  :angry:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 04:15:33 PM »
Damn I missed it  :angry:

Wot did you miss? The E.L.E? :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »
I didn't see it, so I must have missed it  :grin:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 05:51:04 AM »
The mysterious story of former Theranos president Sunny Balwani, who former employees saw as an 'enforcer' and now faces criminal charges of wire fraud

While Holmes countered claims at conferences and in TV interviews, Balwani, the company's president and chief operating officer — and Holmes' romantic partner for a time — stayed a mystery.

Wall Street Journal investigative reporter John Carreyrou explored the role Balwani had in the company's dealings and the relationship he had with Holmes in his new book "Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup." As Carreyrou saw it, Balwani was as integral to the Theranos saga as its founder and Holmes was.

The relationship — which itself stayed out of the headlines throughout the setbacks and scrutiny Theranos faced — was one of the reasons Carreyrou knew he had a big story on his hands. In 2015, Carreyrou said he read a New Yorker interview with then-Theranos board member Henry Kissinger. Kissinger said in the interview he tried to set Elizabeth up on dates, not realizing that she was in a relationship.

"It instantly became clear to me that she was lying to her board about this romantic relationship that she was having with the number two of the company, who by the way, was also about 20 years older," Carreyrou told Business Insider.

Gee, I remember back when I broke the news that Chris and Sandi were married, and that they were intentionally hiding it to mislead backers.

@30:08

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 04:39:58 AM »
As I had predicted back in 2016, once they released the much maligned 3.0 back in Dec 2017, they stopped issuing refunds. That's why all the stories in /r/starcitizen_refunds are repetitive and nobody even cares anymore.

It's amazing to me that so many of these backers really kept giving them money even when all the signs were already there that the project was doomed.

Now they have a new final FU email format.

Greggy_D

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »

It's amazing to me that so many of these backers really kept giving them money even when all the signs were already there that the project was doomed.

Seriously.  It was evident even back in 2014.  During the Summer of 2013, I went mental and bought nearly every ship model they offered....you know because LTI was "going away".  They released the Hangar Module and it was cool to walk around and enter your ships, but that got old quick.

I shelved the game for a year and came back in Summer, 2014.  Literally no progress had been made in over a year.  And the damn thing was supposed to be out in 2014/2015?  Simple math told you it couldn't be finished in that time.  Or even 2 or 3 years after that.  I sold the majority of my LTI fleet on the grey market right there and then for a small profit.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
The thing is that these same people are the ones now flocking to the refund Reddit thinking they're going to get any sort of relief. Fuck 'em. Serves them right. I will be laughing my ass off at them when the final collapse comes soon (Two Weeks).

Resin

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
I kinda doubt the two weeks. Huge if true though.

On a related note. Nothing from your lawyer about the blog, one way or another?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »
I kinda doubt the two weeks. Huge if true though.

It's actually a gag in a meme. It's a Goon thing.

On a related note. Nothing from your lawyer about the blog, one way or another?

That's been over for weeks now. I already know what I can and cannot write. For now, it's all about timing, and I'm in a holding pattern.

N0mad

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 02:28:02 PM »
That's been over for weeks now. I already know what I can and cannot write. For now, it's all about timing, and I'm in a holding pattern.

Does that mean that you expect CIG to be announcing something (bad) before you publish your blog? Or are you waiting for something else?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
Does that mean that you expect CIG to be announcing something (bad) before you publish your blog? Or are you waiting for something else?

Yes - and no.

Basically, I am in the same situation that I was in during the various fiascos which I first hinted at. Most recently -:

- the engine switch of 2016 // I first hinted at it on SA - and nobody believed me
- 3.0 didn't exist at all, and that croberts lied in his presentation // I first hinted at it in an article, people thought I was kidding
- that croberts was actually lying when he said it was coming before end of 2016  // I first hinted at it in an article; people thought I was trolling
- that the dev schedule (debut April 2017) was bogus and goes all the way to 2021 // as I explained here
- the "no moah refunds, bitch!" fiasco after 3.0 ships // again, few listened
- the CryTek lawsuit which I hinted at on SA and on Discord in early 2016, but couldn't give specifics because very few people knew about it, and I was asked to keep it quiet // as I knew when it was filed, I finally got to break the news.

What's playing out atm is similar to the Crytek fiasco; but only worse. And I'm absolutely NOT even going to hint at any specifics more than I already have.

ps: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

Resin

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »

ps: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

Hmm what are they up to now? "Removal of pre-emptive rights" and new Articles of Association. It will effect on 113861 shares with the value of £0,0001 per share. So are they selling the company, taking money out in some arrangement or doing damage control?

Bubba

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:25 AM »
It's a very specific number of shares. The .0001/share value is intended to be nominal. They then sell it for that price plus a "premium" they decide on.
It would be nice to hear from someone versed in UK Corporate law what exact rights the shareholders will have, and how much of this is boilerplate. I mean, what rights to shareholders have in this deal, where the directors get to set the time and date of meetings however they see fit, and allow for voting however they see fit?
If I were to guess, they'll announce a genuine "warbond" sale, where they sell shares at $100/pop (or so) and promise $200 in three years in exchange for the share. If they're still around in three years, they take advantage of the "non-cash remuneration" clause, and give people $200 in store credit (not applicable to premium items, of course).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk