Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1059777 times)

wiser3754

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2100 on: October 08, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
The latest episode of @GuardFreq online. It has a segment on the latest Star Citizen fiasco that's sure to wind up the tribe as always.

www.guardfrequency.com/278/

Tony has made a 10 UEC vet with a certain person in the Star Citizen community. This person has very negative connotations about the project and doesn't believe that CIG will file their accounts to the UK until after CitizenCon.

I wonder who that could be. Also Tony is hinting that as per the 46 million dollar marketing ans financial security investment, Chris has been removed from day to day operations due to his lack of appearances as of late.

McDrake

« Reply #2101 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:08 AM »
The latest episode of @GuardFreq online. It has a segment on the latest Star Citizen fiasco that's sure to wind up the tribe as always.

www.guardfrequency.com/278/
Good Podcast!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2102 on: October 12, 2019, 11:35:13 AM »
Tony has made a 10 UEC vet with a certain person in the Star Citizen community. This person has very negative connotations about the project and doesn't believe that CIG will file their accounts to the UK until after CitizenCon.

I wonder who that could be. Also Tony is hinting that as per the 46 million dollar marketing ans financial security investment, Chris has been removed from day to day operations due to his lack of appearances as of late.

:emot-allears:

https://twitter.com/GuardFreq/status/1182446273980456960

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1182466735686983680
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2104 on: October 25, 2019, 09:47:36 AM »

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2105 on: October 26, 2019, 03:26:15 AM »
LOL!!

https://www.exclusivelygames.com/star-citizen-is-development-chaotic-and-slow-yes-is-it-a-scam-no/#comment-33260

I don't think anyone needs any experience to realize 2 of the main reasons of project failure:
1) lacking knowledge
2) intangible visions

If one cannout communicate what one wants (for whatever reason), no one will ever be able to actual produce what's wanted. -> Now anyone understood what CRoberts wanted in any of the videos he talked about real mechanics? Did he ever come across as a guy where one would say "Oh he's so great with words! He only needs single sylables to explain complex topics!"?
And given how often they talk about having to invent some new technology, which dozen people question, it's also questionable if they'd actually posses the actual knowledge to produce something if they'd ever been told what he really wanted.

So yeah...

N0mad

« Reply #2106 on: October 26, 2019, 04:29:45 AM »
I don't think anyone needs any experience to realize 2 of the main reasons of project failure:
1) lacking knowledge
2) intangible visions

I partly disagree with (2). Chris was always able to describe his vision. The problem with the project IS the vision. The vision is to have a huge universe full of players where you could go anywhere and do anything you want in a sci-fi universe. Clearly that sort of thing has a broad appeal to gamers. The problem is that it's completely unrealistic. Especially with Chris Roberts who seems to be more concerned with graphical "fidelity" than any of the underlying computer programming challenges needed to make it work.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2107 on: October 26, 2019, 01:27:46 PM »
I partly disagree with (2). Chris was always able to describe his vision. The problem with the project IS the vision. The vision is to have a huge universe full of players where you could go anywhere and do anything you want in a sci-fi universe. Clearly that sort of thing has a broad appeal to gamers. The problem is that it's completely unrealistic. Especially with Chris Roberts who seems to be more concerned with graphical "fidelity" than any of the underlying computer programming challenges needed to make it work.

Well i focused to much on communication and you're hitting a bit more the core. So i agree with your point.
But to me he's still looking incapable of not only communicating what he wants, but actually trying to imagine what he wants. Making the dream a tangible vision, so to say. When i watched him trying to describe how flight should feel - i only thought "He doesn't know what he wants or is completly unable to communicate what he wants.". Back then i'd said he was nervous and therefore unable to say what he means. Today i'm not sure about that.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2108 on: October 29, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »
:emot-lol:

7 yrs + $300m, An Amazing Looking Mess

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #2110 on: October 29, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
:emot-lol:

7 yrs + $300m, An Amazing Looking Mess

Entertaining to watch, especially when he said its suffering and to just kill it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:58:58 PM by jwh1701 »

Noztra

« Reply #2111 on: November 26, 2019, 05:27:56 AM »
Because logic?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 05:29:31 AM by Noztra »

David-2

« Reply #2112 on: November 26, 2019, 09:02:28 AM »
Because logic?

That post was very high quality trolling, just repeating all the arguments the fans have used since 2015.

It's the last paragraph that gives it away.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2113 on: November 26, 2019, 10:28:55 AM »
Because logic?

That has to be a high quality troll.

"These days the "closed beta" stages are just marketing stints to get you to buy in earlier or spend more money" <--- that totally gave it away

Noztra

« Reply #2114 on: November 26, 2019, 11:45:06 PM »
I like this one.

Their "tech" is done, but not implemented yet. So people get a "fake version" of it and we will probably never see the other tech.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:47:03 PM by Noztra »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk