Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1059819 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2115 on: November 27, 2019, 12:25:14 PM »
I like this one.

Their "tech" is done, but not implemented yet. So people get a "fake version" of it and we will probably never see the other tech.

Yeah, that one was pretty funny too.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Noztra

« Reply #2116 on: November 29, 2019, 12:46:42 AM »
Mr. Smart it gets even better. :)

wiser3754

« Reply #2117 on: November 29, 2019, 01:09:41 AM »
"Interacting with the Vanguard ships causes a crash. Work around: please do not use these ships".

Please do not use these ships? These ships which can cost up to $250USD a variant? Here's an addendum CiG should add to that statement. "Thanks for your pledge . . . Sucka!!!"

N0mad

« Reply #2118 on: November 29, 2019, 01:24:31 AM »
LOL

They're so desperate to release something at the end of the year that they don't care how broken it is.

David-2

« Reply #2119 on: November 29, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »
A new planet!  The tools and processes they have carefully built over the last 6 years - and that have been waiting for before delivering any more content - are finally done and open for business!

Now with these unique-in-the-game-industry tools they have a pipeline where their artists can turn out great new planets one after the other providing Citizens with a never ending variety of exciting gameplay in unique and exotic locations!

Oh ... wait ...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2120 on: November 30, 2019, 09:14:56 AM »
I guess all that noise about the new tech making iteration quicker just went out the window. Then again we all knew it was the usual pack of lies. End of 2019, and 7 yrs later, they haven't even built a SINGLE star system to completion.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2121 on: November 30, 2019, 05:14:41 PM »
$9.6 million in November so says the 'bogus counter'.

Whales, dey keep on whalin'!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/9-6-million-dollars-in-november

wiser3754

« Reply #2122 on: December 01, 2019, 04:49:04 AM »
$9.6 million in November so says the 'bogus counter'.

Whales, dey keep on whalin'!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/9-6-million-dollars-in-november

That'll last them what, a little under 3 months? Compare that to the sales of Call of duty : Modern warfare which had over $600 million in sales in 3 days. Almost double than the funds used in the development of star citizen and SQ42.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2123 on: December 02, 2019, 03:32:45 AM »
A record month though and, potentially, a record year for funding too.

wiser3754

« Reply #2124 on: December 02, 2019, 03:48:41 AM »
A record month though and, potentially, a record year for funding too.

And another year goes by with no game or a planned release date. Just more roadmaps with the inevitable delays announced just before a milestone patch releases.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2125 on: December 02, 2019, 06:52:02 AM »
That's ok. I've got plenty of other games to play. I'm in no rush, especially as funding isn't even close to slowing down, as predicted by some folk.

I guess predicting anything about SC is hard. Like when it will collapse, how many jobs will be let go, when the last citizencon will be, the large maps being faked etc.

wiser3754

« Reply #2126 on: December 02, 2019, 03:36:20 PM »
That's ok. I've got plenty of other games to play. I'm in no rush, especially as funding isn't even close to slowing down, as predicted by some folk.

I guess predicting anything about SC is hard. Like when it will collapse, how many jobs will be let go, when the last citizencon will be, the large maps being faked etc.

"Funding isn't even close to slowing down." Have you discounted the possibilty that CiG are just adding the 47 million dollar investment that theh recieved early last year to their monthly report? 47,000,000 ÷ 24 = 1.958,333 monthly.

"I guess prediciting anything about SC is hard". Like how Derek predicted that CiG will make it nigh on impossible for backers to get redunds after the constant revisions being made to the TOS that led jim to that assertion, especially after the trainwreck of 3.0?

Also take into accout the amount of times Derek claimed that CiG were insolvent in the years 2016/2017 and were basically on the ropes at the end of 2017? A claim that was confirmed by CiG themselves after they finally released their financials revealing they needed a bailout for "marketing" and not to mention "financial security" to stop CiG fron folding.

These aren't minor predictions they're quite huge in fact.

N0mad

« Reply #2127 on: December 02, 2019, 05:23:13 PM »
It's quite clear that the whales are still prepared to buy new ships. But there are still two big issues which could cause trouble:
1) The Crytek case
2) The investment from the Calders: it's highly unlikely that this is just free money - there will be conditions attached which haven't been made public yet.

It's likely that we get clarity on both these issues next year. They might come to nothing: but this is CIG, there's always potential for something dramatic to happen.

wiser3754

« Reply #2128 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:20 PM »

Has CRoberts and his useless wife actually been removed by the Calders as creative director and the board of directors and allowed ACTUAL developers to progress this trainwreck? We can only wait and see.

Bubba

« Reply #2129 on: December 03, 2019, 03:18:00 AM »
I don't have 70 minutes to listen to some Australian sitting in a six-point-harness office chair in front of a bunch of computer boxes explain to me that the body language and live comments of a notoriously dysfunctional team tell us that there's been a change in leadership. I mean, if I woke up one day and found out that I'd invested a lot of cash in this trainwreck, I'd probably do the same to depose the leaders, but, honestly, I look at the rat-king of companies under the CR/CIG/Ortwin names and all I see are a bunch of liabilities wrapped around a company that will enrich a small number of employees at the top.
So, it could be. SC could also end up being a weird sex cult.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk