Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1059974 times)

wiser3754

Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2160 on: January 04, 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
Twenty one million dollars in funding from November and December...wowsers.

$56 million spent in 2018. How much was it in 2019? $60 million plus? Bowsers.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2161 on: January 04, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
$56 million spent in 2018. How much was it in 2019? $60 million plus? Bowsers.

What we saying then, about ninety days until catastrophic collapse?

jwh1701

« Reply #2162 on: January 04, 2020, 04:36:22 PM »

I'm hoping for tons of love pledges with the news about the lawsuit. Anyone with only a couple million dollar homes and possibly only one yacht cannot have it easy.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2163 on: January 05, 2020, 02:42:00 AM »

I hope not, I want the funding to get to half a billion at least, even better would be a billion, and it still being a buggy tech demo with none of the promised MMO features.

jwh1701

« Reply #2164 on: January 05, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
I hope not, I want the funding to get to half a billion at least, even better would be a billion, and it still being a buggy tech demo with none of the promised MMO features.

Me to, like to see it get funded to the equivalent figures for a new moon mission and the SC tracker still sitting at under 30% complete.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2165 on: January 06, 2020, 09:42:12 AM »

Funny how their own financials show that they've been on the brink since 2015 when I made that prediction. The hilarious part being that if they hadn't taken out a $46m investment (which 2018 financials shows they have spent - so much for "marketing"), it would have been all over by then.

But hey, the bigger the war chest, the more hilarious it will be when this thing finally crashes. We'll still be here.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2166 on: January 06, 2020, 09:53:18 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2167 on: January 07, 2020, 06:32:04 AM »
Funny how their own financials show that they've been on the brink since 2015 when I made that prediction. The hilarious part being that if they hadn't taken out a $46m investment (which 2018 financials shows they have spent - so much for "marketing"), it would have been all over by then.

But hey, the bigger the war chest, the more hilarious it will be when this thing finally crashes. We'll still be here.

I'd love to visit Derekland one day. It appears to be a magical place where normal rules just don't apply.

So you're somehow asserting the investment they received in 2018, stopped them collapsing in 2015?

Those time travelling shitizens again no doubt...

Motto

« Reply #2168 on: January 07, 2020, 06:36:09 AM »
Don't feed the toll.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2169 on: January 07, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »
I'd love to visit Derekland one day. It appears to be a magical place where normal rules just don't apply.

So you're somehow asserting the investment they received in 2018, stopped them collapsing in 2015?

That was such a weak troll attempt, that the only fitting response is :  :emot-ughh:

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2170 on: January 07, 2020, 08:46:38 AM »
That was such a weak troll attempt, that the only fitting response is :  :emot-ughh:

Ok, perhaps your 'then' referred to 2018. Still a load of old cobblers though. If private investment wasn't found I'd bet a bank loan or overdraft could have been arranged for a company operating in the black for years with an annual revenue in the tens of millions, but it doesn't matter does it? They did get investment and they can get more if they need it.

What you said equates to saying, 'if it hadn't just rained, I wouldn't have got wet'. It's pointless. They did secure investment and didn't collapse.

I'll have a go now, 'if they hadn't received millions in funding early on then they wouldn't have 400+ staff now and would have no chance of finishing the projects'. Well no shit Sherlock...

jwh1701

« Reply #2171 on: January 07, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »

Not sure if you just really have an issue with Derek? Even if you took Derek out of the equation and just did you own research you would have to question a great deal of what has transpired. This entire project since 2011 has been one big disaster of awful management and greed that has no bounds.
So many say I'm just a fudster and never wanted it to come to fruition but I'm positive I attempted more to help the project than 99.99% of the backers. There are
just so man issues with the project its just hard for me to understand why anyone support it.

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2172 on: January 07, 2020, 09:36:29 AM »
Not sure if you just really have an issue with Derek? Even if you took Derek out of the equation and just did you own research you would have to question a great deal of what has transpired. This entire project since 2011 has been one big disaster of awful management and greed that has no bounds.
So many say I'm just a fudster and never wanted it to come to fruition but I'm positive I attempted more to help the project than 99.99% of the backers. There are
just so man issues with the project its just hard for me to understand why anyone support it.

I've followed along reasonably closely since I backed SC, many moons ago, around 2014/15 I think. I find it difficult to care very much about video games and managed to get other people to buy me a few ships, so I'm just not that invested, either financially or emotionally, to be that bothered. Qué Sera Sera.

They changed scope, added features and made mistakes and I just don't care. I'm told most games go through similar troubles during development but CIG is just doing it publicly.

I think 'hubris' is a better term than 'greed', as should Chris fail to produce these games, it would be disastrous for him. He's got to produce a couple of decent video games at some point, I personally don't care about how long it takes.

I do like chatting with you all here, it's fun. Derek's particular stance and blog writing and Twitter rants and interviews and everything else he's got up to over the last few years just make him a gold mine of funny opinions and quotes, so yeah, poking the Derek bear is amusing.

I haven't supported CI for years, financially, however I do still believe I'll be getting a couple of games to play at some point and I do so love a little argument now and then.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #2173 on: January 07, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
Okay just because i'm getting bored by the repetition of 'they easily could have gotten a loan'...

a) They wouldn't have needed a loan/investment if they weren't bruning more than taking in - because they easily got 40+ million in bank before they upscaled.
b) It's more preferable to take a loan instead of an investment in terms of costs - Sum y for % of y or Sum y for % of Everything.
c) Outside capital is more risk averse than venture (investment) capital - because they don't participate in your eventual winnings, so lower expected payoff for an investment in most cases.
d) Software companies seldomly have any real asset as collateral. The 'Star Engine' is worthless without an acompanying Lumberyard/CryTek Engine License (and other sub licences), and they won't nessecarily agree upon you using said engine. The 'Star Engine' itself will hardly be as documented as any commercially available engine - so worthless without the actual talent behind the current engine. Art Assets are also quite worthless as such is most often quite specific for a product. (Which is by the way, why software companies also tend to hold quite some money in their hands).
e) Even if you count CIGs assets, you've got to ask through how many legal loops do you have to hop with a multinational company for such a small credit?
f) Limited liability companies are inherently less trustworthy to banks, they mostly take a look at the board then. And let's be real even if you think CIG is run well, that's not CRoberts history...

Sure there are some outliers - an investor with very specific knowledge who could help you beside his investment and would only do if he gets part of the cake, can't judge it here, or other such things.
So again if anyone thinks it's likely that CIG could have gotten a ~50 million loan on his company with a net current value (ignoring good will) of ~30 millions, than be free to tell me why. I might have gotten a bit rusty on my financial taining and am a bit drunk...

jwh1701

« Reply #2174 on: January 07, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »
Okay just because i'm getting bored by the repetition of 'they easily could have gotten a loan'...

a) They wouldn't have needed a loan/investment if they weren't bruning more than taking in - because they easily got 40+ million in bank before they upscaled.
b) It's more preferable to take a loan instead of an investment in terms of costs - Sum y for % of y or Sum y for % of Everything.
c) Outside capital is more risk averse than venture (investment) capital - because they don't participate in your eventual winnings, so lower expected payoff for an investment in most cases.
d) Software companies seldomly have any real asset as collateral. The 'Star Engine' is worthless without an acompanying Lumberyard/CryTek Engine License (and other sub licences), and they won't nessecarily agree upon you using said engine. The 'Star Engine' itself will hardly be as documented as any commercially available engine - so worthless without the actual talent behind the current engine. Art Assets are also quite worthless as such is most often quite specific for a product. (Which is by the way, why software companies also tend to hold quite some money in their hands).
e) Even if you count CIGs assets, you've got to ask through how many legal loops do you have to hop with a multinational company for such a small credit?
f) Limited liability companies are inherently less trustworthy to banks, they mostly take a look at the board then. And let's be real even if you think CIG is run well, that's not CRoberts history...

Sure there are some outliers - an investor with very specific knowledge who could help you beside his investment and would only do if he gets part of the cake, can't judge it here, or other such things.
So again if anyone thinks it's likely that CIG could have gotten a ~50 million loan on his company with a net current value (ignoring good will) of ~30 millions, than be free to tell me why. I might have gotten a bit rusty on my financial taining and am a bit drunk...

With Chris and lawyer buddy its really hard to imagine what other cross investing that has occurred beyond turbelent that would help attract new money. Just trying to imagine the scheming these two could come up with, I'd say they could out theory craft their own backers when it comes to money.   
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:38:31 AM by jwh1701 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk