Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075197 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #765 on: February 15, 2018, 02:49:21 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/964204019693453312.html  :smuggo:

Great detective work on the backer not even sure what to say. How in the world could a real company even think to treat customers that way. Usually money talks and I could understand working a little harder on this large accounts but she showed complete disregard for the individual. Wonder how much she is costing the company in salary, bad press and refunds, I would like to see the charted.

orko

« Reply #767 on: February 16, 2018, 02:04:24 AM »
Great detective work on the backer not even sure what to say. How in the world could a real company even think to treat customers that way. Usually money talks and I could understand working a little harder on this large accounts but she showed complete disregard for the individual. Wonder how much she is costing the company in salary, bad press and refunds, I would like to see the charted.

I agree. It is mind-blowing to read (again), for example, those long email exchanges between a backer and Sandi. I'm more and more coming to the point where I think these people at the top of CIG are sleepwalking and unable to reflect their actions objectively. I mean, you must not be aware of yourself on so many levels when you're the head of marketing of a multi-million organization and afford to have such a condescending tone, no matter what the situation is. Walking over other's points, shifting blame, making yourself martyr, dodging the real questions, keeping up a profile of a strict and fair judge accompanied with comments like "Who doesn't silence doubters?"... I don't know, it just keeps going forever when I think about it.

Bubba

« Reply #768 on: February 16, 2018, 03:29:34 AM »
Looked at the Twitter feed. So this person has several unique photos of the same car in the UK, maintains a fairly convincing UK presence, and has a wife.

On the other side, Derek had a tweet storm without any convincing argument, just "look at this thread, and this one".

Two possibilities: either Sandi is Kraiklyn and spending way too much time maintaining a cover for an alt, or Kraiklyn is not Sandi, but works with her.

CIG/RSI were out for a while claiming that anyone hostile was a Derek-alt; now we get "Kraiklyn's a Sandi-alt"

Alts are hilarious when you uncover them, but in investigating internet identities, one must balance Ockham's Razor against the Italian maxim "La madre dei coglioni è sempre incinta" (translation: podicium mater semper inciens)

Conclusion: Dr. Smart's out trolling.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:32:19 AM by Bubba »

N0mad

« Reply #769 on: February 16, 2018, 03:41:11 AM »
There are several possibilities here:
  • Kraiklyn is a real person who actually is a moderator (who works for Sandi)
  • Kraiklyn is a real person but Sandi has taken over his Moderator account
  • Kraiklyn is an elaborate alt hoax, presumably controlled by Sandi

Unless Derek has insider info, the simplest explanation is (1): Kraiklyn's a real person in the UK who fits the CIG Moderator job specification of being both an SC zealot and an arsehole.

justme

« Reply #770 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:34 AM »
i can ensure, that kraiklyn is a real person and also his account is not taken over by sandi.
because of his onlinetimes, he is located in europe. also writing style differs from the one from sandi.
and if you take a closer look, you'll find his real name, too.
also there are some pictures by different guys, showing him, e.g. from bar citizen in manchester.

but yes. i really can't imagine, how a person like him could get such a job, with no CS skills at all.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #771 on: February 16, 2018, 07:22:58 AM »
Conclusion: Dr. Smart's out trolling.

That's really shocking. I mean, completely.  This is my shocked face ---> :magical:

I think some people MISSED the point of that epic trolling Twitter thread. It was designed to remind everyone about the following:

- about past horrid CS activities
- that Sandi Gardiner, is a horrid person; especially as portrayed in The Escapist article
- that most of the people at the top of CS food chain (headed by Sandi), are horrid people. e.g. See Ben Lesnick
- they have no regard for backers who gave them money; that's why they do what they do
- they continue to alienate their whales e.g. See latest $30K exit

The "Sandi is probably Kraiklyn|CIG" (who joined in 2015 - with ZERO experience in CS) was the only trolling in that thread. And it was there to point out that while that person was also patently horrid, for all intent and purposes, it could very well be Sandi herself. Plus, they all answer to her. Hence this Tweet below:

OK, for those of you who lack reading comprehension skills, and are thus mad about the whole speculative Sandi == Kraiklyn | CIG thing, I am willing to debate you in your favorite enclave.

Please meet me at the URL below at sundown. Start without me.

This was all plotted on my Discord channel btw.  :smuggo:

And of course, as expected, it causes those toxic chuckleheads grief. And since their hate-Reddit on /r/ds was closed, the hope is that they continue to spill their bullshit into either /r/starcitizen or /r/starcitizen_refunds where they get routinely banned  :sandance:

This is what his Twitter feed image looked like back on Nov 26, 2015 when he was shilling the Constellation.

And this a CS refund exchange ticket from 2015, with both Sandi and Kraiklyn|CIG in it. https://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:00:01 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #772 on: February 16, 2018, 07:23:26 AM »
I think it has to be CR, Sandi or inner circle, I do not believe that the person would keep their job. Unless the top brass are completely oblivious to whats going on in the forums with mods. If they were just normal hire I would believe have to believe they would be fired. No way would I let someone act with such disregard and cost my company.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #773 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »
I think it has to be CR, Sandi or inner circle, I do not believe that the person would keep their job. Unless the top brass are completely oblivious to whats going on in the forums with mods. If they were just normal hire I would believe have to believe they would be fired. No way would I let someone act with such disregard and cost my company.

Precisely!

premiumnugz

« Reply #774 on: February 16, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
He has other Twitter posts moving out of a shitty council  house in Manchester UK or moving the sofa. I don't think Sandi or Chris would be seen dead in such places, unless they're going to extreme lengths to embellish this identity  :psyduck:

Since most UK data is public from the Twitter we could probably find out which employee it really is, although I don't want to doxx anyone. Perhaps it's someone working in the UK studio under Chris's brother which is why he hasn't been fired yet.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:36:14 AM by premiumnugz »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #775 on: February 16, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »
We don't care about any of that. The whole point was to highlight the toxicity and horrid nature of the CS staff, and that the problem is endemic to this company.

N0mad

« Reply #776 on: February 16, 2018, 09:55:37 AM »
Did any of the cultists reply to your twitter thread?

Also, I've just had a thought: the cultists in Far Cry 5 are named "Peggies" (Project at Eden Gate). Well, we could start calling the Star Citizen zealots Peggies aswell after their love of J-PEG-s

Meowz

« Reply #777 on: February 17, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
We don't care about any of that. The whole point was to highlight the toxicity and horrid nature of the CS staff, and that the problem is endemic to this company.

I guess I'm in the minority when I say my interaction with CS was always pleasant, I even met my concierge at Citcon one time, very nice young lady. Refunding was relatively quick and overall a positive experience. I got the copy paste response but they dropped that act by the 2nd e-mail. The only department that actually got anything done at CIG was CS. However, if CR and SG are breathing down their necks to stop giving out refunds I can see why they have gotten a lot more difficult.

justme

« Reply #778 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:19 AM »
honestly i didn't got, that it was just a trolling thing.
some others, too.

it would be great to see a tweet with a small statement
like in here.

for me this was a bit dissapointing, because is it right to see
kraiklyn in the focus, because of the lack of CS skills. you really
could see that every day in every discussion. and i'm not alone with
my opinion, that the ingame-community is great, but the moderation
is one of the most toxic moderations i have seen in my live, also in tons
of hardcore pvp forums.

de-escalation is a word, he never heard of and instead of leading a discussion
away from the not wanted topic, like a good mod would do, he and his mods
are the ones, to keep that on, until the complete chat clams.

and with that sandi-thing, i felt that the focus is more on her, than on this
toxic person. especially for the most backers sandi is not really relevant, because
if she comes to spectrum, she is just in the concierge-subforums and this is also
not that often. maybe 2-3 times a year.

but kraiklyn is there, every fckng day.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #779 on: February 19, 2018, 06:11:55 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority when I say my interaction with CS was always pleasant, I even met my concierge at Citcon one time, very nice young lady. Refunding was relatively quick and overall a positive experience. I got the copy paste response but they dropped that act by the 2nd e-mail. The only department that actually got anything done at CIG was CS. However, if CR and SG are breathing down their necks to stop giving out refunds I can see why they have gotten a lot more difficult.

Yeah, not all of them are like that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk