Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075612 times)

Judge_dolly_OG

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #1410 on: November 07, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »
What are all these CIG developers doing all day for months years on end ?

There is only so much time you can waste in an office job even if you do need to spend a lot of time cracking one off in the toilets, hanging around the staff kitchen and doing unproductive "meetings".

Never underestimate the power of ineptitude, bad decisions, misplaced focus, and total and compete mismanagement to derail the efforts of hundreds of staff.

CR should be a case study for how not to lead a development project, hell any project for that matter..

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1411 on: November 08, 2018, 12:18:22 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1412 on: November 08, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
It's almost as if they haven't been paying attention this whole time

Despite all the desperately needed changes to AC, CIG decides to crank up REC costs and disable component swapping AC has been dead for about a year at this point. It has many of the same problems that have persisted for 4.5 years. The same terrible game modes, the same lack of team balance, the same horrendous UI elements, the same terrible leaderboards. There's not even 1 full game going anymore.

And yet when CIG takes the time to work on AC, do they fix those 4.5 year old problems? Ironically, the 3.3.0ac PTU patch makes AC even worse.

It will now take the average player dozens of hours to earn enough REC to rent a ship.

Components on rented ships can't be moved to other ships

Am I taking crazy pills?? What is the point of that? Why are we making AC even less desirable of a game mode? Why are we even restricting ship and component selection in a non-persistent testing ground during an alpha, let alone making it worse?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vcptw/despite_all_the_desperately_needed_changes_to_ac/
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1413 on: November 08, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
As the Star Citizen community continues to grow and evolve, so do the challenges and needs of Community Support. In an effort to implement operational improvements and internal oversight, we’ve decided to move from volunteer-based moderation to a fully in-house Community Support Team.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/community-support-spectrum

jwh1701

« Reply #1414 on: November 08, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »

Bubba

« Reply #1415 on: November 08, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »
Two ways to see it :

1. They've finally realized that community-based moderation enhances the tendency of online forums to become rigid social hierarchies, by making early arrivals and vocal participants in charge of censoring and punishing other members. In lay terms, it increases the toxicity of the community and drives away newcomers. This is not what you want out you want to grow your user base. Even if their business model is to milk the whales at the top, a toxic community doesn't handle attrition well.

2. They're losing the community, and need to stifle dissent. I've seen this before. Wielding the banhammer doesn't make your game less crappy.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1417 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #1418 on: November 09, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, they're bracing for bad news.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vmjhh/335_ptu_comes_not_right_after_33_live_release/

New Flight model in 3.5, not 3.4

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vmu98/new_flight_model_in_35_not_34/

I say why not lol the backers just keep on taking the abuse.

Gold Mine of what out of touch or deep insanity looks like, This one has it all Derek, Doxing,
Chris is the most honest guy, Sandi is so genuine, 3.3 is the best AAA game in existence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vkqb4/if_sandi_interrogated_chris_like_that_every_week/

StanTheMan

« Reply #1419 on: November 09, 2018, 07:45:11 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vmjhh/335_ptu_comes_not_right_after_33_live_release/

New Flight model in 3.5, not 3.4

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/9vmu98/new_flight_model_in_35_not_34/

Where this prick says this

It's honestly really nice to hear that people care about the new flight model enough to be disappointed by it's delay. Gives encouragement that we can really get it right in 3.5

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1420 on: November 12, 2018, 04:59:01 AM »
just so everyone knows the paradigm of releasing what’s ready and pushing back what’s left has been the modus operandi for the past year now and i’ve really liked it compared to the dark days of 2.x and prior.

feels more like a serious early access alpha instead of some teenager’s MLM pyramid scheme thing.

a rather improbable series of events led me to beign teleported across the stanton system the last time i put some time in so i will leave you with that:

then fair warning this is my first session with dogfighting at all (happens to be pvp) and they did something to the controls i really didn’t care for and then on top of it tuned up the black out sensiticvity to 11.

basically we had a full server to ourselves for a multi org event and the fps was quite low often times but in addition to that controls felt super over sensitive. i’ll note one of the mouse pilots in org said dogfighting has never been easier for him. and i know i was half tempted at one point in these dog fights i did get into to switch to mouse and play like an fps lol

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1421 on: November 12, 2018, 05:14:24 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1422 on: November 12, 2018, 05:18:33 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1423 on: November 12, 2018, 05:20:01 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2018, 05:51:30 AM »
In the interests of accuracy in poo poo-talking, I logged into the PU and downloaded the 3.3 client.

Observations:
* Chat is working again. FOIP/VOIP are not, but at least the commandos could yell at each other.
* The game did not crash and the frame rate was stable, but then I was doing a solo trade run and didn't see a single other person.
* Holy poo poo people are loving salty. One guy got shot down and spent the next 15 minutes in chat calling out the guy who shot him, whose name he didn't know because Star Citizen doesn't tell you that. Coward, incel, fight me irl, etc etc it was amazing
* You do not get any starting currency other than your default. Mine's like 21,000 so my trading options were very limited
* Trading is still completely broken - trying to sell more than ~1500 credits in items at a time will gently caress up the trade console, forcing you to conduct 20 or 30 transactions to empty your cargo hold.
* A ~30 minute run with my pathetic cargo hold and trade ship netted me about 5,000 credits of profit from selling drugs to a mining station. A full run would probably be more like ~50,000 in profit, but as previously mentioned the trade consoles don't loving work, and any sort of crash would literally lose you your whole credit balance instantly, so that is a lot riskier.
* Extrapolating and assuming I don't get blown up, with trade working, at ~50k credits/hr of high risk trading it would take me... thirty hours to afford the mining ship. More realistically at 10k/hour of trading you are looking at 150 hours. Don't even bother if you try to earn from missions, the payouts are so low and the bugs are so bad that you basically can't.

---

So basically they fixed the crashing/cosmetic issues, and the underlying game mechanics are still completely wrapped around the axle. Not worth playing yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk