Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074592 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Citizen. Get a Refund
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »
CIG is now asking for personal ID in order to do refunds. This is just another way to make it difficult to get refunds.

It's not legal.

It's not legal. That's why banks, Amazon, Microsoft etc, don't go that far when you ask for a refund.

In fact, the FTC has some strict guidelines about that sort of thing; and there is an entire list of companies they've gone after and fined for obtaining user personal info without cause or reason - and not disclosing the reason to the person.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/protecting-consumer-privacy/enforcing-privacy-promises

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0272-how-keep-your-personal-information-secure

https://www.privacyrights.org/consumer-guides/privacy-when-shopping

Hater115 (a backer), posted a Blizzard link showing they ask for ID. Of course it's not the same thing, because their use is for hacked accounts.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7006
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:39:41 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Flashwit

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
This was posted over on SA

Here's a very sad backer story for you.

My Boss' son lost his apartment about 7 months ago. His son is a 28 year old male with a $17.50/hr factory worker job with some regular OT, so he brings in $2400/month take home. Boss and his wife said the manboy could move back in for one year to straighten his finances out, catch up on car payments, get his insurance paid, get some money in the bank. He now has 6 months before he has to move out. Boss has been working with him to get a budget set up, reasonable goals for savings by fall etc. So far Boss and his wife have paid out near $3100 to catch up insurance, stop car repossession and a couple of other things. When the manboy moved in my Boss got him set up on Mint.com and YNAB (You need a budget, awesome free budget program on Steam) with the goal of saving $400/month, totally reasonable for someone not paying room/board. Boss decides to check in his son's finances and logs into Mint.com on Wednesday. In the last 6 months our young lad has spent:

$881 on VUDU (Walmart's streaming service I guess?)
$1620 dollars with Xsolla (MWO)
$3320 with RSI.
$4100 on fast food. In 6 months. Despite his parents providing full meals.

He has exactly 0 dollars in savings currently with a $980 dollar bill for insurance coming up mid March.
I asked my boss how much his son was in for total to Star Citizen and MWO, and I thought he was going to cry.
He's resolute in kicking the boy out this fall, and his son is basically going to be homeless because he believes in "dreams".

I told my Boss his son could get a refund like our co-worker I posted about last month and fix his financial issues, so my Boss talked with him on Thursday night about that. His son got very agitated and told his dad that supporting such an amazing project that would change gaming forever was one of the only things that gave his life meaning and getting a refund would be betraying Chris Roberts.

Fuck this scam.

Fuck Chris Roberts.

Fuck every single person still working on this scam, no matter what the excuse is. They're all culpable in taking advantage of a bunch of mentally disturbed idiots.

I don't want to be insensitive and I'm not qualified to make medical diagnoses, but it sounds like this guy's son has clinical depression. This goes past 'bad with money' into actual mental health issues.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
Yeah, some of us are thinking the same thing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

RGX520Z

Re: Sober Citizens(Those who took the blue pill)
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:58 AM »
Blue Pill has been  taken

White Citizens card officially revoked

Refund cleared today

$40 richer

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
Blue Pill has been  taken

White Citizens card officially revoked

Refund cleared today

$40 richer

Outstanding! Now go back Hellion! It's on Steam Early Access today.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Sad Citizens
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2017, 06:50:11 AM »
Back in April 2016 when I took Line Of Defense off Steam by switching it from Early Access to CBT thus killing two birds with one stone due to Steam store page review bombing, the Shitizen pricks who were doing it out of spite were denying it. Like the cowards that they are. Once in a while, we link their Steam profiles to their social media profiles, then ban them.

But at least they're not denying it anymore.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2017, 04:40:52 PM »
Ho Lee Cow!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5wpa93/got_a_full_refund_ill_see_you_all_in_a_few_years/debtsto/

Too bad you asked for a refund and no longer have faith in the project. They are holding a large majority of the content back due to people like you complaining about unfinished mechanics, content, etc. People touring CIG have seen stuff that would shit your pants and make you take down this shitpost. But I can't tell you cause NDA.

Also, they're either backlogged or they're still employing delay tactics. TWO WEEKS to get a refund?!?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5wq62q/redpandarawr_gets_a_refund_516/

ps: TheAgent had a leak some weeks back where he had said that refunds were going to slow down based on sales/funding. Which explains the recent flurry of refunds after recent sales. Here's another one

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5wrhki/just_received_my_1200_refund/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:18:30 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 02:45:15 PM »
Star Citizen whale sells $5K account for $3K on the Black market, just to "get out"

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2017, 10:32:56 AM »

-fatcat-

Cursed Citizen
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2017, 10:32:36 AM »
Dear Mr. Smart,
I'm 41 yo now and although i still enjoy videogames, I've become pretty unsocial in terms of game or game-related communities: the older i get, the worsen it gets. I'm strictly invested in the games themselves and nothing more. Point is, in October 2016 I bought a SC starting package as a result of personal frustration and casual watching of a YT clip of their citizencon planet tech: i never had been interested in SC in the first place, but the idea of having the spacesim/dogfight experience to be just means so that i could be able to land on a procedural planet and explore/fight in 1st person seemed way more appealing to me and -i guess- many others.
Unfortunately, being the unsocial piece of shit that i am, i knew pretty much zero of all the drama surrounding the development of the game or even how the game itself was in terms of playable stuff.
I knew who the author was (and had mixed memories of his past), i had read the kickstarter campaign and ofc i knew there was a fair bit of teenage nostalgia involved in the entire process. I will spare you my first impression of actually playing the 'game', but i can tell you i had good laughs. Thing is, instead of just forgetting about it for a year -my original plan- i started wondering why people had been giving away lots of money for that pile of shit and, sparked by my curiosity, i watched plenty of zero-actual-content videos about its fableish gameplay mechanics, the 'groundbreaking' tech behind it and blah blah blah. Eventually i dove into the cesspool of insanity that is the official RSI forums and that's how i got hooked.

Fast forward to today: I'm still a baker, I already had my 30something euros worth of enjoyment by fucking around with the hilarious bugs in the 'game' whenever a new patch comes out and i still follow the equally hilarious story developments, which is become the videogame equivalent of a very addictive spanish soap opera, whose drama component is fat and greasy while the 'serious' social/economic implications are incredibly fascinating to me. However i do avoid the official forums like the plague cause there's only so much i can take in.

I'm really glad you chose to stick on providing a collection of tangible facts about what's going on and although our conclusions on the matter may be different, i genuinely hope your actions will help pile up proof so that when the time comes and this shitfest finally collapses, hopefully there will be some serious consequences and accountability. To be perfectly honest, i personally hope it all crumbles at least in such a way that governments WILL have to refine some specific laws, perhaps resulting in way less shady commerce practices for the future.

At the same time, in a very '80s-Xmas-witch-curse-movie fashion, i hope you will be rewarded for your efforts by magically watching the whole SC+NMS communities flood your games: you will gain the deserved success, but at the price of having a community made entirely of fucking idiots. ;)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Cursed Citizen
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
Dear Mr. Smart,
I'm 41 yo now and although i still enjoy videogames, I've become pretty unsocial in terms of game or game-related communities: the older i get, the worsen it gets. I'm strictly invested in the games themselves and nothing more. Point is, in October 2016 I bought a SC starting package as a result of personal frustration and casual watching of a YT clip of their citizencon planet tech: i never had been interested in SC in the first place, but the idea of having the spacesim/dogfight experience to be just means so that i could be able to land on a procedural planet and explore/fight in 1st person seemed way more appealing to me and -i guess- many others.
Unfortunately, being the unsocial piece of shit that i am, i knew pretty much zero of all the drama surrounding the development of the game or even how the game itself was in terms of playable stuff.
I knew who the author was (and had mixed memories of his past), i had read the kickstarter campaign and ofc i knew there was a fair bit of teenage nostalgia involved in the entire process. I will spare you my first impression of actually playing the 'game', but i can tell you i had good laughs. Thing is, instead of just forgetting about it for a year -my original plan- i started wondering why people had been giving away lots of money for that pile of shit and, sparked by my curiosity, i watched plenty of zero-actual-content videos about its fableish gameplay mechanics, the 'groundbreaking' tech behind it and blah blah blah. Eventually i dove into the cesspool of insanity that is the official RSI forums and that's how i got hooked.

Fast forward to today: I'm still a baker, I already had my 30something euros worth of enjoyment by fucking around with the hilarious bugs in the 'game' whenever a new patch comes out and i still follow the equally hilarious story developments, which is become the videogame equivalent of a very addictive spanish soap opera, whose drama component is fat and greasy while the 'serious' social/economic implications are incredibly fascinating to me. However i do avoid the official forums like the plague cause there's only so much i can take in.

I'm really glad you chose to stick on providing a collection of tangible facts about what's going on and although our conclusions on the matter may be different, i genuinely hope your actions will help pile up proof so that when the time comes and this shitfest finally collapses, hopefully there will be some serious consequences and accountability. To be perfectly honest, i personally hope it all crumbles at least in such a way that governments WILL have to refine some specific laws, perhaps resulting in way less shady commerce practices for the future.

Hey man, thanks for stopping by.

Yeah, my blogs, this forum, and my other site are all part of my effort to catalog everything in one place. Due to how the Internet works, at some point when the collapse comes, there's going to be a lot of misinformation being spread; even as some of the more pertinent stuff is lost. Which is why we religiously archive even CIG's own sites because they've been busted removing stuff over the years.

I have no doubt in my mind that the collapse is coming - and is imminent. What form it will take, is the only question at this point.

At the end of the day, those who still have money in it, will only have themselves to blame when the end comes.

At the same time, in a very '80s-Xmas-witch-curse-movie fashion, i hope you will be rewarded for your efforts by magically watching the whole SC+NMS communities flood your games: you will gain the deserved success, but at the price of having a community made entirely of fucking idiots. ;)

Yeah, I don't think so. Those guys scare me.  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
Who remembers this case brought by the CA District Attorney over the Lily drone?

There’s also a slightly technical issue that forms a second front in the DA’s lawsuit: the fact that they went with an independent “pre-order” strategy rather than an established crowdfunded development site like Kickstarter. That makes Lily’s money qualify more on the side of internet sales than investment in an idea (something Kickstarter and its projects are always careful to explain), which exposed the company to certain consumer protection laws.

This is what I believe will be the inevitable fate of the Star Citizen project when the curtain falls.

And it's also the other reason why refunds are going to continue happening; regardless of what CIG/RSI thinks or wants to do. Unless and until they deliver what was promised, refunds are a thing. Period. End of story.

And no, they can't foist an MVP on backers, then use that as a reason to deny refunds, because - again, the massive amounts of historical data are enough to show that backers were easily misled about the status and state of the project, as well as the numerous promises made.

What Getting A Refund Looked Like One Year Ago

Meanwhile, though few make it public, instead reaching out to us privately, the whale exit continues with a total of three (the highest being $1,500) reporting today.

Another med-high Concierge level whale who had reached out to me about getting a refund, also notified me privately (he states: "I don't feel a need to go bragging about getting a large refund.") that he got a refund as well. He's off to buy a boat.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:36:33 PM by dsmart »

Flashwit

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
Woo, what's the deal with that Vertisce guy?

He seems to think he's laying down killer arguments when all he can do is bring up LoD for some reason.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »
Woo, what's the deal with that Vertisce guy?

He seems to think he's laying down killer arguments when all he can do is bring up LoD for some reason.

He's not the only one. There's a bunch of them over on /r/DS and that's all they do. It's a whole other level of crazy. But I'm about to set an example of two (one lives in Australia, which has some serious defamation laws) of them. They just don't know it yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk