Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1076240 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2055 on: August 19, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
LOL! That thread (from a big backer) was locked tighter and quicker than a badger's ass in a hurricane.

"What I don't want to see at CitizenCon 2019"

This same lunatic from back in 2016. Oh how time flies.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324520/bookmark-the-next-3-months

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:43:42 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2057 on: August 20, 2019, 03:40:41 PM »
Meanwhile over there...

Like seriously wtf!

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2058 on: August 21, 2019, 06:34:29 AM »
Meanwhile over there...

Like seriously wtf!

They seriously thought that buying digital goods for an unreleased game for thousands was a good investment?

The SC mailing list would be a gold mine for a con artist.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2059 on: August 21, 2019, 06:55:39 AM »
They seriously thought that buying digital goods for an unreleased game for thousands was a good investment?

Clearly you're not a believer!

Slapmeandcallmegurl

« Reply #2060 on: August 21, 2019, 07:19:34 AM »
 Plenty of people made a profit on reselling their ships. The grey market existed for a reason after all.

It won't be long and I'll be selling my freelancer for a million bucks, and then we'll see who's laughing...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2061 on: August 21, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »
Plenty of people made a profit on reselling their ships. The grey market existed for a reason after all.

Yup. But that was back in the day though.

Greggy_D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2064 on: August 23, 2019, 12:00:26 PM »
Well that took a turn for the worse. Look at those downvotes!

Motto

« Reply #2065 on: August 23, 2019, 03:06:20 PM »
On the other hand, CIG is finally getting their message through to the the backers. There is no progress, soon to be followed by there is no game too

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2066 on: August 26, 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
Everyone ha been really mean about the game lately so these weirdos make a thread about the best things about the game, leading off with "The best thing about Star Citizen - is all the things I am never going to do." Not realising the irony that no one will get to do any of the dream mechanics they are taking about. Brilliant.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cv7x6u/the_best_thing_about_star_citizen

helimoth

« Reply #2067 on: August 26, 2019, 12:22:57 PM »
Each year the backlash gets worse. Whilst Derek Smart was busy being right a few years ago he was drowned out by a loud choir of crobert's zealots. Now the sentiment has changed and the SC community is slowly starting to become aware of the stage show that has been the SC development. I think the catalyst moment that will be seen as the time the community fully turns on CIG will be some kind of announcement that SC won't be compatible with <insert some latest modern-day tech>. There are probably a bunch of pissed off Vive owners or so that bought the headset deliberately for SC not realising it would be superseded before SC was even out of alpha testing. Do they buy a Valve Index or keep waiting? Before there would have been no question; they would buy the headset. Now there is definitely the question.

McDrake

« Reply #2068 on: August 27, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
Thanks for the link :)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2069 on: August 27, 2019, 12:11:06 PM »
This was very well done - and explained to laymen. I've been talking about this for years (since 2015) and in various blogs in which I explained all these technical difficulties which were going to be looming. That was back when I was being attacked for daring to write heresy. Here we are. Five years later. Full circle.

Note: SSOCS is no longer in the roadmap because *gasp* they're no longer actively working on it. It's that simple. And without it, not only will the project never - ever - be an MMO, server meshing won't work either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk