Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075720 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Citizenship
« Reply #2430 on: November 27, 2020, 07:42:27 AM »
Yikes
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #2431 on: November 30, 2020, 08:22:12 AM »
SC in a nutshell for so many:

Waited 40 min for the sun set, then a dusty storm blew in...im a little salty but this is what i got

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k3n0w3/waited_40_min_for_the_sun_set_then_a_dusty_storm/

jwh1701

« Reply #2432 on: November 30, 2020, 08:23:45 AM »
HMM:

I’ve dreamt about working on Star Citizen since I was a kid. My internship with CIG starts tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k3atfe/ive_dreamt_about_working_on_star_citizen_since_i/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2433 on: December 02, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

wiser3754

« Reply #2434 on: December 02, 2020, 03:33:03 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2435 on: December 03, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »
LOL!! Well, I did warn - for MONTHS - that it was all a load of bs that had ZERO chance of yielding the expected results.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2436 on: December 03, 2020, 11:47:01 PM »
Only in the SC subreddit could you get a highly upvoted post with 366 comments (at time of writing) on.... elevator panel theorycrafting.

https://i.redd.it/nzrwdm63wx261.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k5u0ms/why_not_make_the_elevator_panels_more_compact

Which button do I press to get to full immersion?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 11:48:55 PM by Judge_dolly_OG »

jwh1701

« Reply #2437 on: December 04, 2020, 04:44:10 PM »
Only in the SC subreddit could you get a highly upvoted post with 366 comments (at time of writing) on.... elevator panel theorycrafting.

Which button do I press to get to full immersion?

Lol the upvotes are climbing so fast, how dare the question the chairman.

N0mad

« Reply #2438 on: December 17, 2020, 12:33:24 PM »
Well, part 2 of their extended Mercury advert is out and the fanboys love it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/kf10i5/the_reunion_part_1_2_together_here_you_go/

But it's well worth scrolling to the bottom of the comments to see that some people realise just how time and money CIG have spent on this animation instead of actually making the game.

jwh1701

« Reply #2439 on: December 17, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
Well, part 2 of their extended Mercury advert is out and the fanboys love it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/kf10i5/the_reunion_part_1_2_together_here_you_go/

But it's well worth scrolling to the bottom of the comments to see that some people realise just how time and money CIG have spent on this animation instead of actually making the game.

I remember seeing the first part awhile back there is so much I do not like about it.

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2440 on: December 19, 2020, 06:14:48 AM »

I remember seeing the first part awhile back there is so much I do not like about it.

Just watched it, it's really bad. Their character models look very dated, it ticks off every trope they could find and Chris has a real fetish for turrets. He still has not got over that scene in Star Wars. It doesn't bode well for S54 story and writing.

Wasting money on this while the games are years late and with not even a rough idea on when they will be released. Still, should get a few more Mercurys sold.

krylite

« Reply #2441 on: December 19, 2020, 11:13:16 AM »
He still has not got over that scene in Star Wars. It doesn't bode well for S54 story and writing.

that canyon run with back turret bit, reminded me similarly of this past "Mandalorian", Season 2, Episode 4, "Chapter 12: The Seige" dir. by Carl Weathers, of the dry lava canyons chase, and a bit of the subsequent action into the air. I guess CRobs isn't done being "wide-eyed" at SW scenes and trying to riff off them to add to his "director"'s repertoire. i.e. "If old Apollo Creed could direct that, I can do it too!", :emot-laugh:  Calders keep CRobs less visible because his blab bs and Sandi teamed ATVs had farcically gone on too long by now, but he is free to direct and make all the trailer "movie action" animatics he wants, behind the scenes, with a chunk of the recent years' dumped shitizen sunkcost & investment disposable funds now, I'm guessing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:30:17 AM by krylite »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

Judge_dolly_OG

« Reply #2444 on: February 26, 2021, 03:07:35 AM »
A little storm in a teacup in the SC world. The citizens are kicking up a fuss as CIG have apparently confirmed that ship names must be unique per ship class. Some commandos are upset as they will not be able to call their ships Rocinate or Millenium Falcon and have to come up with an original name like M1ll3nium F4lc0n. Apparently though there will be some super smart tech to prevent naming ships like this :D

I'm imagining something so clever that naming your ship after the British town of Scunthorpe will be blocked :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk