Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074648 times)

Motto

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2017, 02:45:23 AM »
Unique ship naming if you pay for it. No, we don't have any money problems and we're definately not looking to see if backers are so stupid that they are even willing to do that. Because if they do, we could apply it to all our ships.

Next step, to keep alive in the game, your character has to eat and drink. That you have to buy in-game with real money. Next up after that, paying rent for your wanking pod.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 07:52:27 AM by Motto »

Kastenbrust

« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2017, 05:59:23 AM »
More brainwashed morons....  :vince:

Also this tasty brainwashed moron... "Miles Eckhart is the most lifelike NPC I have ever seen" :psyduck:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:03:33 AM by Kastenbrust »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2017, 06:07:15 AM »
More brainwashed morons....  :vince:

Anytime you see new user/low karma posters, rest assured, they're most likely marketing accounts. We spot and unmask them all the time.

Meanwhile...Changed my concerns from release date to gameplay, have I been misinformed
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:08:59 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2017, 06:36:17 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2017, 06:53:40 AM »
Well, there actually is a debate going on there. That's progress already  :golfclap:

I am enjoying myself daily now with trolling and FUDing around, as they claim. I'm merely voicing a different opinion. That nowbody sees because of the downvoting of course, but what the heck. There's always one who can't stop himself from reacting  :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:55:42 AM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2017, 07:37:22 AM »
Meanwhile over on r/Games/ where the FUD is usually thick  :laugh:

Meanwhile, over at the hive

XxXtdreaperXxXnew user/low karma [score hidden] 56 minutes ago
In before its just Derek Smart commenting under aliases, actually it sounds like something he would do.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:40:22 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2017, 12:27:26 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:30:23 PM by dsmart »

N0mad

« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »

Bored Gamer has another of his standard Star Citizen videos online. The comments, however, are gold:

Does anyone ever worry that something bad is going to happen and then we are just going to be left disappointed ? Like every game that has attempted to be as amazing as Star Citizen has crashed and burned, but Star Citizen seems to still be standing tall but it's still very mysterious and very unclear when things are happening. Is it just me that's worried?

Someone named Wylie28 replies:
Star citizen has no publisher to push it out early. They have more than enough money. And they have a large enough team. The only problem with these games they haven't got solved is everyone having unrealistic expectations that have never been met by any game in history. But that's a problem the stupid people in this community will have to sort out on their own.

:lol:

Someone else:
I've donated over $1000 to this game, in the hope that we'll finally get some innovation in this industry. But my goodness, this Gamescom presentation was a disaster. They really need a marketing guy who is a gamer. Someone who knows what, and what not, to do. The cringy voice role play, the miscommunication, the terrible bugs, crashes, etc. They should've scaled back the demo, so we wouldn't have to see that stuff during the presentation. I'm definitely not spending another cent until they show that they can deliver.

Wylie28 replies:
Cheesy acting could have been solved yes. But I think they showed the bugs and crashes on purpose. People need to know 3.0 was delayed for a reason.
:wtf: :vince:

Motto

« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2017, 01:05:28 PM »
But that's true. I have seen the light now! Chris has started scamming people because there are people who need to be scammed! OMG, it all makes sense now. I need to give Chris my money, it was written in the stars all along.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:24:25 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

StanTheMan

« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2017, 03:55:59 PM »
CIG quietly changed date for 3.0 release just after Gamescom Event to 9th October. Long Vent. Coming from a place of love not hate.

Everything is fine though. Nothing to worry about. At all.  :smugjones:

Hmmm

Between us in my family we have 5 accounts 35 ships and spent a lot of money. Well mostly my brother. I wont even say what he thought all week. While we watched live every stream and the CR main show. !"

I know what his brother thought.."I am being taken from behind with hot crumpet"

And this one ...

Don't bother mate. Facts or having some professional knowledge so that they can make informed points don't mean much to some.

There are those that don't believe CIG and there is nothing we can do about it unless they get a job in the industry and actually find out for themselves how hard it is to invent complex software.

I doubt many companies will want to follow in CIGs footsteps about being so open. Being called liars and amateurs (it seems a lot of these non-devs are so much better than the real devs) isn't something many people like to read when they work their asses off. It is much easier to hide it all behind closed doors and give the "fans" (lol!) no input until they are about to release the game. But sometimes I have to remind myself that given the number of backers, some people yell loud but they are a drop in the bucket.

Devoid of any critical thinking...

and they keep coming

If given the chance to meet Chris Roberts and the team I would shake each and every one of their hands and THANK them for having the guts and integrity to stand up and say to the big investors and heavy hitters of the AAA software warehouses that make up the industry and say; NO people WANT a space sim, if you will not help I'll do it on my own! Then to go create a new company from ground up - and produce what we have as an ALPHA in 5 years is frankly ASTOUNDING IMO. !
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:39:56 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:29 AM »

StanTheMan

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2017, 12:12:28 PM »
And so it begins...

Star Citizen Development - are we too harsh?

Yeah ?

CMDR_Agony_Aunt 10 points 4 hours ago
First of all it's not a guess CR specifically stated numerous time he gives aggressive dates deliberately.
Yeah, had this discussion a few times here on reddit. I've tried to explain from the perspective of project management and managing client expectations why this is an absoloutely terrible idea. Won't get into that discussion again, but as someone who has spent a number of years as a project manager and seen and done plenty of mistakes, i know what i'm talking about.
Half truths are the worst type of lies.
Indeed, and its time CIG stopped it.
This is normal in project management
Oh not its not. And if anyone in our company started running projects like that they would be absoloutely shitcanned. I guess EKD simply doesn't understand software development :D
This has nothing to do with Chris' management style.
He is the man at the top. He makes all executive decisions. He is 100% responsible for everything on the project.
Those people don't survive at CIG or working for Chris.
LOL, and i bet they are very happy to be out from underneath such a terrible leader.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:21:15 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2017, 03:10:12 PM »
Meanwhile, over there

After the Gamescom reality bite, out of the 30 or so friends who had backed at similar levels to myself ($300 or so)...I'm the only one left. 22 of them asked for refunds within hours of Gamescom with no intention of buying back in with even a starter package.

As for me...I keep hovering over the figurative refund button then not doing it, no real idea why. Sure, I can afford to write the sum off without much thought...but should I be encouraging CR's directorial cinematic fantasies on the whim of ever landing my Cutlass Black on a planet/moon and actually completing a simple trade mission?

I can't keep extending my deadline to cut off my support much more without feeling like so many of the hopelessly and tragically emotionally invested drones... I'm not one of those...but wishful thinking is fast becoming a guilty passion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk