Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1077321 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
:damn: That was quick, snapshot already posted over at r/ds...

http://archive.is/gjRkl

See the time stamp? Now go look in the other thread where I'm engaged in a discussion. Now put 2+2 together and see if you can guess who did that. These guys are so predictable.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Orgetorix

« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »

See the time stamp? Now go look in the other thread where I'm engaged in a discussion. Now put 2+2 together and see if you can guess who did that. These guys are so predictable.

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

Would be my guess. Though you can't be totally sure, but I would certainly rule in favor of a mere preponderance of the evidence...

Moeis

« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2017, 09:19:17 PM »

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

Would be my guess. Though you can't be totally sure, but I would certainly rule in favor of a mere preponderance of the evidence...

Now I know what r/ds is, why nobody could tell me what it was in the first place, is beyond me.  It might come as a surprise but not everybody goes to rededit. 
Of course i am going to be accused of posting that especially since there is no way to prove I am not that person, and using circumstantial evidence seems to be in order here.  :shrug:

Orgetorix

« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

Now I know what r/ds is, why nobody could tell me what it was in the first place, is beyond me.  It might come as a surprise but not everybody goes to rededit. 
Of course i am going to be accused of posting that especially since there is no way to prove I am not that person, and using circumstantial evidence seems to be in order here.  :shrug:

I said I'd rule for preponderance of the evidence. Look that up, it only means you have to be 51% sure. You do see my disclaimer, eg... "Though you can't be totally sure", eg... "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt." eg... 90%+ sure."

Basically what I'm trying to say is that in forum mod land, (and I've modded on more then a few forums, and game servers). You run on preponderance of the evidence, you have to, seriously who is going to call for a jury trial at midnight???

And it's not like you got perma banned, eg... Capital Punishment. Derek and the other mods are in my view very fair.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:28:46 PM by Orgetorix »

Moeis

« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

I said I'd rule for preponderance of the evidence. Look that up, it only means you have to be 51% sure. You do see my disclaimer, eg... "Though you can't be totally sure", eg... "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt." eg... 90%+ sure."

Basically what I'm trying to say is that in forum mod land, (and I've modded on more then a few forums, and game servers). You run on preponderance of the evidence, you have to, seriously who is going to call for a jury trial at midnight???

And it's not like you got perma banned, eg... Capital Punishment. Derek and the other mods are in my view very fair.

Sorry, that is my bad, I really meant to click on the quote for Derek's post, it is a force of habit for me to click on the bottom right hand corner for quoting because of a forum I have been a member of for over a decade that has the quote button on the bottom right corner.  I have 10's of thousands of posts in that forum, it is basically muscle memory, haha.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2017, 08:03:49 AM »

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

Well, we go with evidence, as well as track record. That's how we ended up busting - and banning - most of them. Serendipity is only still here because 1) others (e.g. Motto) decided that we needed a forum mascot and /r/ds representative to laugh at, so I unbanned him. That was after he got busted as being ConfusedMonkeh (who is banned here) - which he admitted to 2) we DO welcome dissenting voices and people with opposing opinions.

The problem is that if you look at the denizens of /r/ds, they're not the sort of people you would be caught associating with, let alone playing a game with. As a result, we simply don't want them here.

We also get reasonable people from /r/starcitizen from time to time. We argue. We laugh etc. But no insults or anything of the sort because we know that a LOT of the true fans of the game, are still hopefully, want the game etc. And they're not engaged in any harassment or anything of the sort.

There is a reason why the mods in /r/starcitizen simply do NOT allow those /r/ds guys to bring ANY of their crap into their sub Reddit. The /r/ds guys are the dregs of the Star Citizen community, the worst of the worst, and are a big part of the reason that the Star Citizen community gets a bad rap. When I told them that creating a sub Reddit in my name, for the sole purpose of engaging in targeted harassment was only going to end up amplifying my commentary, and make them look like the anti-social abusive stalkers, they thought it was just hyperbole. Then they wonder why people go there, take one look, and judge the Star Citizen community by what they see there. They're their own worst enemy, not to mention that, besides Croberts, are the worst thing that could ever have happened to Star Citizen.

As I mentioned in my PM to you, we welcome all kinds of discussions here. What we do NOT allow are personal attacks, circular arguments, strawman arguments, and wanton trolling (e.g. "You! No, you!" are not meaningful discussions). This is not a hug box, and nobody is here to win anyone over, or convince anyone to change their position. We simply don't do that here, nor encourage it.

And making a discussion about someone (e.g. your incessant attacks about how I spend my time, how you think it has made my life worse etc), instead of Star Citizen, gets you banned. No second chances. I opted not to ban you last night because with Serendipity on a temp ban until next week, you seem to be filling in his slot for the lols.

Anyway, as per my PM, if you're going to engage us here, just know that we're not the type of people who just throw stuff out there for the heck of it. That's why this forum doesn't have any "noise". So when you continue to post things like "I don't believe you", "You haven't convinced me" etc, we just ignore those because you're not adding anything to the discussion, as you don't offer any reasonable explanation as to why you chose a position. And if you continue along that path, myself and the mods will just keep deleting your posts without warning.

You are more than welcome to stick around; but rule of thumb is simple. If you can't stick to the rules, don't post. You don't need an account to read the forum, that's why I have it open to reading, but an account is required to post.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:06:57 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »
Can someone give me some pointers on what a brand new player should be doing?
1. Get a refund

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2017, 03:38:26 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2017, 03:39:14 PM »
 :lol:

Moeis

« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »

hmmm....

Moeis=Fandred1

Well, we go with evidence, as well as track record. That's how we ended up busting - and banning - most of them. Serendipity is only still here because 1) others (e.g. Motto) decided that we needed a forum mascot and /r/ds representative to laugh at, so I unbanned him. That was after he got busted as being ConfusedMonkeh (who is banned here) - which he admitted to 2) we DO welcome dissenting voices and people with opposing opinions.

The problem is that if you look at the denizens of /r/ds, they're not the sort of people you would be caught associating with, let alone playing a game with. As a result, we simply don't want them here.

We also get reasonable people from /r/starcitizen from time to time. We argue. We laugh etc. But no insults or anything of the sort because we know that a LOT of the true fans of the game, are still hopefully, want the game etc. And they're not engaged in any harassment or anything of the sort.

There is a reason why the mods in /r/starcitizen simply do NOT allow those /r/ds guys to bring ANY of their crap into their sub Reddit. The /r/ds guys are the dregs of the Star Citizen community, the worst of the worst, and are a big part of the reason that the Star Citizen community gets a bad rap. When I told them that creating a sub Reddit in my name, for the sole purpose of engaging in targeted harassment was only going to end up amplifying my commentary, and make them look like the anti-social abusive stalkers, they thought it was just hyperbole. Then they wonder why people go there, take one look, and judge the Star Citizen community by what they see there. They're their own worst enemy, not to mention that, besides Croberts, are the worst thing that could ever have happened to Star Citizen.

As I mentioned in my PM to you, we welcome all kinds of discussions here. What we do NOT allow are personal attacks, circular arguments, strawman arguments, and wanton trolling (e.g. "You! No, you!" are not meaningful discussions). This is not a hug box, and nobody is here to win anyone over, or convince anyone to change their position. We simply don't do that here, nor encourage it.

And making a discussion about someone (e.g. your incessant attacks about how I spend my time, how you think it has made my life worse etc), instead of Star Citizen, gets you banned. No second chances. I opted not to ban you last night because with Serendipity on a temp ban until next week, you seem to be filling in his slot for the lols.

Anyway, as per my PM, if you're going to engage us here, just know that we're not the type of people who just throw stuff out there for the heck of it. That's why this forum doesn't have any "noise". So when you continue to post things like "I don't believe you", "You haven't convinced me" etc, we just ignore those because you're not adding anything to the discussion, as you don't offer any reasonable explanation as to why you chose a position. And if you continue along that path, myself and the mods will just keep deleting your posts without warning.

You are more than welcome to stick around; but rule of thumb is simple. If you can't stick to the rules, don't post. You don't need an account to read the forum, that's why I have it open to reading, but an account is required to post.

Pretty lame of them create a rededit page related to you.  I looked it over for a little bit, and it doesn't seem any different than any of the other pages I looked at years ago and what made me decide to not ever be  lurker nor a member there.  The only time rededit has ever been useful for me is when someone links a developer question and answer session there.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2017, 03:18:07 PM »

Moeis

« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
Meanwhile over there, another whale refunded
He would be better off providing a screenshot of his account showing how much he put into the games.  That way people can have more to go by then just some post that may or may not be true. Anything that can help backup his story would be a good thing.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2017, 04:01:56 PM »
I don't think that leaver wants to be doxxed. So no screens for you.

Motto

« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2017, 04:04:14 PM »
Anything that can help backup his story would be a good thing.

Well, the only thing I trust about now - besides Derek of course - are people admitting to go for a refund.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk