Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074354 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:32 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

VeritasLiberos

• Software Developer & Star Citizen Critic
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
LOL!! They made a video.

Look at the downvotes!! :vince: Top comment is someone asking how to get a refund...  :laugh:

Serendipity

« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »
We still think it's him using a VPN. Don't worry, we're still on it. He's going to trip soon enough since there are only so many IP addresses available to VPN hosts, and I already installed server tools for this.

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

I'm not Moeis. I have no other alts. The account you banned for being me, wasn't me Derek. However you confirmed that new account was me was bad m'kay.

I am male. I'm firmly in touch with my feminine side and often get called camp or mistaken for being honosexual so, fabulously flawed yet interesting software there. I blame hanging around with girls all the time in high school. I only wanted to get in their pants and it turned me camp. What a world we live in.

Shame he's banned as I was interested in a conversation about this writing style analysis. Sounds fascinating. I'd recommend doing a similar analysis of ConfusedMonkeh and me and then me and Moeis as that should prove us to be different people. I didn't exactly try to hide my posting style when I created this account. Can't be arsed with the effort.

Also Derek, my temporary ban didn't expire until yesterday. You posted that it had expired and I hadn't logged in, being suspicious, but you were wrong.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:49 AM »
We still think it's him using a VPN. Don't worry, we're still on it. He's going to trip soon enough since there are only so many IP addresses available to VPN hosts, and I already installed server tools for this.

His ISP could just use dynamic IP's, most ISP's in Europe do making it basically impossible to IP ban people...

For shits n' giggles I ran a forensic text analysis against the pages of text on all three profiles; Moeis, Serendipity and ConfusedMonkeh... There's an 87% certainty rating that all 3 are the same person. Good enough for security services to convict terrorists. :cop: Further investigation reveals a similar historical time-of-day posting pattern. Interestingly the software thinks the user is male but with strong feminine traits and isn't very masculine (no joke) :laugh:

I'm not Moeis. I have no other alts. The account you banned for being me, wasn't me Derek. However you confirmed that new account was me was bad m'kay.

I am male. I'm firmly in touch with my feminine side and often get called camp or mistaken for being honosexual so, fabulously flawed yet interesting software there. I blame hanging around with girls all the time in high school. I only wanted to get in their pants and it turned me camp. What a world we live in.

Shame he's banned as I was interested in a conversation about this writing style analysis. Sounds fascinating. I'd recommend doing a similar analysis of ConfusedMonkeh and me and then me and Moeis as that should prove us to be different people. I didn't exactly try to hide my posting style when I created this account. Can't be arsed with the effort.

Also Derek, my temporary ban didn't expire until yesterday. You posted that it had expired and I hadn't logged in, being suspicious, but you were wrong.

uh-huh. OK then. Anyway, enough of that. Let's move on. :smugjones:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
OK well, it looks like it's time to make this public.

Some of you here already received my PMs from yesterday when VeritasLiberos registered here, and on my Discord channel

We knew it's the same guy who faked the $45K refund, because if you look at the Twitter accounts (1, 2) that were linked in my refund article, and which were traced back to the info he provided, he is (again) using the same identifiable username everywhere.

Following my refund article, he appeared on the Discord channel as VeritasLibero, where he was subsequently banned. In discussions with others, we decided to unban him in order to see what he was up to. Both have been banned again of course.

Then he registered here as well as VeritasLibero, and I noticed it when I got the email notification. I then sent him a PM asking him to rejoin Discord because he was "accidentally" banned there. He made two posts here.

So now, he has resurfaced on, where else, but Shitizen enclave over on /r/ds. Again he's using an alt account created back on Aug 27th.

He's gone into full on paranoid mode, it's almost like this $45k refund was a purposeful Derek Smart discrediting scheme. Derek's deleting people left, right and centre from his forums and Discord at the moment, he's running scared.

Here is the truly hilarious part....

Having used two Twitter accounts which were uncovered during our investigation, he changed one of them to have a new image and name. I present:

Thomas Crabtree (Google Cache)

Thomas Williams (Google Cache)

Nick Parsons (current one)

UPDATE: Guess where he got the new Nick Parsons name and image? Scroll to the bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:34:26 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2017, 06:42:30 AM »
OK well, it looks like it's time to make this public.

UPDATE: Guess where he got the new Nick Parsons name and image? Scroll to the bottom of the page.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/909411093247877125

Hey @nickparsons if this is you featured at the bottom of the MongodB page, checkout @VeritasLiberos then read  http://goo.gl/yoqDNy

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2017, 10:11:37 AM »
This is how crazy the Star Citizen fiasco has become. Someone trying to sell their 25 ship "press" account

Meanwhile, this is a real $15K backer looking to liquidate
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:13:29 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2017, 10:16:24 AM »
LOL!! Meanwhile....OPEN QUESTION TO CIG, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR $160M?

It's almost as if there's a ToS they can use to take them to arbitration to get answers.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
Gee! Even game devs are gamers too. Who knew?!?

Senior Gameplay Engineer at Amazon asks for refund

Wing Commander 1 was the game that inspired me to become a game developer, so this stings hard. :(

Sr Gameplay Engineer at Amazon. ex-Valve, Riot, and Epic

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:32:06 AM by dsmart »

nightfire

« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
This is how crazy the Star Citizen fiasco has become.

Whoa, is it just me, or is the refund bandwagon starting to pick up speed now? The number of eyebrow-raising whale refunds in the wake of GC2017 seems to have increased quite a bit lately (not counting the $45k fake of course) – it's almost like if the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

Motto

« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
I think the cat is out of the bag now. Now the first sheep have crossed the dam so it's easier for the others to come forward too.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2017, 12:14:09 PM »
This is how crazy the Star Citizen fiasco has become.

Whoa, is it just me, or is the refund bandwagon starting to pick up speed now? The number of eyebrow-raising whale refunds in the wake of GC2017 seems to have increased quite a bit lately (not counting the $45k fake of course) – it's almost like if the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

It's been picking up steam. And those are just the ones that we know about. Not everyone is making their refunds public. I personally know a few people who emailed and/or DM me to say thanks for "opening their eyes".

I don't think most of those who remain, have any confidence that 3.0 (or whatever it's called) will change the status quo that the project is FUBAR.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
Meanwhile, over there (where this ass-clown apparently gets away with everything, and never banned)...

Why Derek Smart is right about Star Citizen - His facts and why SC is likely to fail

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk