Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075403 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »
The refund cascade continues in full swing. Apparently they're ignoring the high rollers now.

I'm now officialy a retired Space Marshall

How long to wait for response

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2017, 06:48:33 AM »
It will get more interesting once the money for the refunds runs out.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
This is so sad. Goons made this Twitch.tv channel. And it's the #1 Star Citizen channel now. wow.

https://www.twitch.tv/this_game_is_dead_already

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:34:31 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »

ecg

« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »

N0mad

« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29:17 AM »
RIP Star Citizen

Not knowing the lyrics, I got to the line "Because a vision softly creeping" and I thought the goons had changed the lyrics and sung it themselves.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2017, 05:17:51 AM »
Yeah, it was hilarious last night. I was on that Twitch channel for sometime, and there were dozens of people there. Shitizens were so pissed, they created a Reddit thread on /r/ds

Motto

« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2017, 05:20:25 AM »
If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the supernova  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »
So I was going to write a musing article about how those abusive ass-clowns over on /r/ds and who have been engaged in targeted harassment (1, 2), treated the Amazon dev who Tweeted (not as a dev, but as a gamer - on her own Twitter account) about her refund. But I refrained from doing that because I didn't want to prolong the fiasco, nor continue to give those guys a reason to keep harassing and attacking her.

There was even a White Nationalist Shitizen in there have a go at her.

The issue here is that, they decided to attack this person - like they do all backers who eject - because 1) she dared to refund 2) she works for Amazon as a dev (those clods seem to think she has anything to do with Star Citizen's use of LumberYard) and somehow that sort of was a slight against the project 3) that she was gender neutral.

Even though they tried very hard to pin this on me and Goons - again - the FACT (which those clowns tend to ignore because it goes against their narrative) is that, she has every right to Tweet as she fits. Why would this person - or anyone - be afraid to talk about Star Citizen and their desire to eject (for whatever reason) from the project? That's part of what they have been doing this whole time; and it's that behavior that has completely destroyed the reputation of the game's community. To the extent that, aside from the diehards still with skin in the game,

This guy, put it mildly yesterday when talking about how white knights have ruined the community.

Then I see this shit on Reddit.

Below was my first Tweet about this. And it wasn't even a re-tweet. I made a comment, then embedded her tweet. I did this so that it won't end up in HER feed (as re-tweet would). It's not different from any other refund tweet that I've made; except that when I noticed she worked for Amazon as a dev, I decided not to retweet it.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/909832097455632386
Gee! gamedevs are gamers too. Who knew? https://t.co/IJkqssbrpI

Then I noticed that someone had already created a thread on the refund sub-Reddit. Which is also perfectly normal.

I made a SINGLE tweet which didn't generate ANY controversy in my feed.

Someone created a SINGLE Reddit thread which generated ALL the controversy which a bunch of /r/ds ass-clowns keep referring to.

And I'm the one who "attempted to weaponize her refund".

I asked Beet twice what he was referring to.

He said:

She pretty clearly felt that you had weaponized her, dude. Her words. I was trying to outreach, assuming that you were mature enough to understand that occasionally you have to give a little to get a little.

Then posted this as proof:

You couldn't find her saying she didn't want to be weaponized on twitter huh

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yakaru/status/909838707389210625

Which of course only proves that he lied about it.

I asked him again. He came up with this gem, even as he doubled down

Man it's almost like you didn't read the Reddit post where she heavily intimated she didn't want a fucking thing to do with you. Honestly man, for a warlord you're insecure as absolute fuck. Either chill out and realize we're all on the same side here or don't, I don't really care.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/70vc55/repost_senior_gameplay_engineer_at_amazon_asks/dn6eqy7/

Which again, doesn't support ANYTHING he claimed. And unknown to him, I had reached out to this person with words of encouragement soon after the whole thing blew up, and they started attacking her for no reason. Since it's not confidential, here is that exchange.

He's never liked me. And this is the same moron who banned me on SA for doxing because I posted a fucking social media link during our expose of that Deloria scammer. That was when I was de-modded, and him and Beer4TheBeerGod became mods in my forum there.

This is the sort of thing that was the reason that I banned Beet from the Discord server weeks ago. Only that time, he was doing this on another server, and someone leaked it to us.

So after it was proven that he lied, then doubled down, I simply banned him from my Discord server last night. Fuck that guy.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:01:36 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #385 on: September 22, 2017, 07:00:20 AM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2017, 06:18:48 AM »
The No Bamboozles Release guy quit

Vital Stats

- CIG feature complete estimate: Sep 29 (originally Jun 26)
- CIG Evocati "must fix" bugs remain: 7 (26 last week) <--- this is where 19 bugs automagically disappeared (no, they weren't fixed. Read this)
- No Bamboozles feature complete forecast (p50-p75): Oct 4 - 12 (originally Jul 19 - Sep 6)
- Worst-case (p90) feature complete date: October 25th (originally Oct 27)
- Live release date guess: one week after feature complete (Oct 11 - 19; worst case Nov 1)

I wish SC all the best.

I hope they succeed.

But CIG are showing a remarkable lack of progress, and are still stuck in the pre-Alpha stage of development. By their own timetable, they won't get anywhere near an Alpha state until 4.0...

And there is a lack of direction. CIG are working on adding new ships and characters - but at this stage, the basic game engine still isn't finished, the netcode still isn't done, the flight model needs improving and by adding characters, ships and other assets now, CIG have just doubled or tripled their workload because these assets will - by their own admission - need to be redone.

We all saw the demo at GC17. Those graphics looked years out of date. Granted, the actual worlds looked good but the ships, characters and so on need a complete overhaul.

CIG seem to be working on detail that ultimately does not matter. Creating new tools only pays off if they cut the total development time. There is no point spending five years developing a toolkit that will allow you to create a world or ships in seconds if you could otherwise have written the entire game in three. There is no point spending years developing an AI system that won't be of use within this game. A shopkeeper doesn't need AI to serve you and to be honest, a simple terminal system with robotic handlers is just as convenient, more realistic and easier to program.

I am hoping....really hoping...that despite all my criticism, and that of others...that 3.0 will really truly pay off. That it will reward the patience of the people who have backed this project. I want Star Citizen to succeed. I like the genre. I have ED, I have NMS...I got Elite itself in 1984 on the Speccy. I didn't even mind the lenslok....the game was THAT good.

So I want SC to be out and I want it to meet expectations and promises.

Maybe its because I'm a natural skeptic but I just cannot understand why the backers of Star Citizen seem so blind to its problems. I know they want it...I know **I** want it.

But the development of this game went off track years ago. Chris Roberts got carried away and embraced feature creep and bloat. That was, I think, mistake 1. Mistake 2 was sticking with CryEngine. I can't say if that was a wise choice for the game originally pitched, but I assume that it would have been possible, but I can't see how anyone can think it suited for the game CIG are developing now. I firmly believe that if CIG had taken a year or two to develop their own core engine and netcode, they would currently be much further along in the development of Star Citizen.

As it is, SC has a lot of systems that aren't needed and add little or no value to the game, all while the core foundations - the game engine, the netcode, the flight model - remain unfinished. Meanwhile, CIG seems to be embracing gameplay elements that sound impressive...but ultimately, totally unfun. Do I really need to worry about loading cargo onto a ship? I'm all for realism and I'm all for challenge and I'm all for immersion - but all of that needs to be balanced against the factor that is "fun".

Greggy_D

« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
He finally realized he has been bamboozled.

nightfire

« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2017, 07:55:09 AM »
Yes, he woke up recently one morning and realized: It Doesn't Matter Anymore .

I guess his life is super busy now because of the refund process and mails going back and forth to CIG customer service...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
*MOVED*

Quote from: Motto
And another one is leaving

He sure got the Cult riled up with that one.  Downvote central.  In the back of their heads, they recognize it's over and they are lashing out with the only method they know.  The implosion is going to be spectacular.

I am leaving some replies in R/DerekSmart. You should do that too, it's so much fun. It's just adding insult to injury there now  :D

Quote from: Motto
The level of butt-hurt those guys are going to get when CIG collapses is of a yet unknown scale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk