Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074453 times)

Beexoffel

• Smarties
Re: Sober Citizens(Those who took the blue pill)
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2016, 03:25:49 PM »
Blue pill? Isn't the red pill for embracing the sometimes painful truth?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2016, 05:05:56 PM »
True. But it's Star Citizen; so it's not supposed to make one lick of sense  :shrug:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Beexoffel

• Smarties
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »
I see. Like how they also use '42' in places where it's not interesting.

mackjazno

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2017, 11:57:45 PM »
Are people still getting refunds?   I've got my own long story and you can say I'm not happy with the $2k I've dropped on concept art.

I'm entertained but I've put over 1000 hours in Kerbal Space Program and I sure didn't give them thousands of dollars.   I'd be very happy with a partial refund.  Or are they canceling all accounts that they give refunds to?

FYI, I asked and got a partial refund.  I had a huge credit and they refunded all my credit.  I didn't cancel my account but I've not put any money in for nearly 2 years so I'm happy.  In less than a week, I got some of my sanity back.  No big explanation, or trying to talk me out of it, just a simple request.

However, if the console rumors are true, I may go full on cancel.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2017, 06:12:35 AM »
In 2017 it is going to be harder to get refunds past the 14 day period. In fact, we're now hearing that refunds are now being refused.

As I posted on Twitter

Star Citizen has failed. CIG is robbing Peter (new sales) to pay Paul (refunds). The plan loved by Ponzi scheme purveyors the world over
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Narrenbart

Re: Citizen. Get a Refund
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »
You're welcome.

Also, new backers who agreed to the June 2016 ToS change, are also entitled to a refund within 14 days.
I guess they've lost some kind of lawsuit they are refunding with less hassle for the last 6 months.
Well in Germany we have a law that we can retreat every contract that has not been signed in a shop where you could actually touch the product for 14 days, well that includes if you buy a ship that has not been implemented - as soon as its in the game and FULLY playable my 14 days begin to count (delivery date). (in a nutshell this means: test the product fully functional for 14 days)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »
You're welcome.

Also, new backers who agreed to the June 2016 ToS change, are also entitled to a refund within 14 days.
I guess they've lost some kind of lawsuit they are refunding with less hassle for the last 6 months.
Well in Germany we have a law that we can retreat every contract that has not been signed in a shop where you could actually touch the product for 14 days, well that includes if you buy a ship that has not been implemented - as soon as its in the game and FULLY playable my 14 days begin to count (delivery date). (in a nutshell this means: test the product fully functional for 14 days)

No lawsuit. One guy went to the California State authorities after I wrote a blog showing people that they were entitled to a refund. From that point on, they started giving refunds to people who pledged before the June 2016 ToS change. They have been doing refunds since that time. I wrote a whole blog about it in July 2016: The Refund Debacle

Regardless, there are countries with laws which require CIG to refund within a certain period of time - no questions asked.

We have been hearing that they have started refusing some people refunds this year though. It looks like those getting refunds in 2017, applied for them back in 2016. It is possible that they will stop doing refunds in 2017 completely.

Motto

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »
I would say it's very likely that they wil stop in 2017. Like, period.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:07:46 PM by Motto »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
That's what we're thinking as well.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:20 PM »
Another whale exits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5oe4dc/fain80_gets_a_refund_7k/

I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:29:10 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2017, 12:50:09 PM »
A Star Citizen whale just got his refund after 2 weeks since asking. Read his departing synopsis

Scruffpuff

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
A Star Citizen whale just got his refund after 2 weeks since asking. Read his departing synopsis

Damn - that's some startling clarity for someone who was about $1000 in.  This is good news, really - if some of the backers are waking up and seeing the reality of the project, then CIG has officially lost control of the narrative.  Reality has to assert itself sometime, and that time appears to have come.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »
Yes, if you look through that sub-Redd at some of the other leavers' anecdotes, it's pretty clear that some backers are waking up. Note that we have no idea about ALL the others who decided to silently refund and move on, with no fanfare or publicity.

Stan

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »

Damn - that's some startling clarity for someone who was about $1000 in.  This is good news, really - if some of the backers are waking up and seeing the reality of the project, then CIG has officially lost control of the narrative.  Reality has to assert itself sometime, and that time appears to have come.

Don't be so sure. 

SC is like a religion. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2017, 09:31:05 AM »
This was posted over on SA

Here's a very sad backer story for you.

My Boss' son lost his apartment about 7 months ago. His son is a 28 year old male with a $17.50/hr factory worker job with some regular OT, so he brings in $2400/month take home. Boss and his wife said the manboy could move back in for one year to straighten his finances out, catch up on car payments, get his insurance paid, get some money in the bank. He now has 6 months before he has to move out. Boss has been working with him to get a budget set up, reasonable goals for savings by fall etc. So far Boss and his wife have paid out near $3100 to catch up insurance, stop car repossession and a couple of other things. When the manboy moved in my Boss got him set up on Mint.com and YNAB (You need a budget, awesome free budget program on Steam) with the goal of saving $400/month, totally reasonable for someone not paying room/board. Boss decides to check in his son's finances and logs into Mint.com on Wednesday. In the last 6 months our young lad has spent:

$881 on VUDU (Walmart's streaming service I guess?)
$1620 dollars with Xsolla (MWO)
$3320 with RSI.
$4100 on fast food. In 6 months. Despite his parents providing full meals.

He has exactly 0 dollars in savings currently with a $980 dollar bill for insurance coming up mid March.
I asked my boss how much his son was in for total to Star Citizen and MWO, and I thought he was going to cry.
He's resolute in kicking the boy out this fall, and his son is basically going to be homeless because he believes in "dreams".

I told my Boss his son could get a refund like our co-worker I posted about last month and fix his financial issues, so my Boss talked with him on Thursday night about that. His son got very agitated and told his dad that supporting such an amazing project that would change gaming forever was one of the only things that gave his life meaning and getting a refund would be betraying Chris Roberts.

Fuck this scam.

Fuck Chris Roberts.

Fuck every single person still working on this scam, no matter what the excuse is. They're all culpable in taking advantage of a bunch of mentally disturbed idiots.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk