Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075429 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
We get these epic self-owns once in awhile. But when it's done by a Reddit mod, it's even more hilarious.

Short version.

1) OSC (the bane of Shitizens everywhere, who showed up this past Summer) created this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/77bv0x/where_to_file_a_refund_complaint_against_roberts/

2) Jester86, the ever so hapless mod of the devils ass crack that is the /r/ds hate Sub, decided to post this gem. This is the unedited version btw.

3) Then he came up with this brilliant post about how asking for a refund is not only illegal, but also it is illegal for OSC to create a thread showing people how to do it. I kid you not. To which OSC responded.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/77ii0l/derek_on_twitter_things_are_getting_serious_over/don0127/

4) Then, after HE reported the post and it wasn't showing in his feed as a result, he somehow thought that it was removed by Reddit admins or the BeetWagon on of the mods (who latest claimed he knew nothing about it - at all) of the /r/starcitizen_refunds. He somehow tried to pass that off as him being right.

5) Except he wasn't. So he edited the original post.

6) After OSC got wind of it, man I could feel the burn from down here in Florida

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/77bv0x/where_to_file_a_refund_complaint_against_roberts/don8l78/

This shit never gets boring.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:02:04 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #466 on: October 21, 2017, 04:34:13 AM »
Meanwhile, over on Facebook page. So much negativity.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #467 on: October 21, 2017, 04:56:48 AM »
So they had this "panel" at TwitchCon

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/183740101?t=01h59m40s

L-R a shill without an audience (Bad News Baron), an untalented ex-hobo (Huckabee, CIG), a real gamedev (Ed Lewis, Frontier), a homophobic anti-semetic moron (Lesnick, CIG), a real gamer (Manley)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:59:42 AM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #468 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
2 yrs ago this month. Never forget. #dereksmartwasright

FF to @ 5:00

StanTheMan

« Reply #469 on: October 21, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »
https://np.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/77ku2n/the_co_pioneer_will_go_on_sale_oct_27th_and_cost/

On the latest JPEG retailing at $850
But it keeps the cash flowing in, provides incentive for the community to support, encourages hype, and diversifies the player base before launch.

12 people in an instance, 10 FPS and constant game crashes will diversify a player base..

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #470 on: October 21, 2017, 06:46:30 PM »
https://np.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/77ku2n/the_co_pioneer_will_go_on_sale_oct_27th_and_cost/

But it keeps the cash flowing in, provides incentive for the community to support, encourages hype, and diversifies the player base before launch.

12 people in an instance, 10 FPS and constant game crashes will diversify a player base..

Yeah it would. It spreads them all across different instances of no more than 4 at a time. Works fine if you ask me. :colbert:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #471 on: October 27, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »
Meanwhile, the ship matrix went live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/792rm6/the_outrage_over_the_new_ship_matrix_reveals_what/

A cursory look at the official forums and r/starcitizen will show that a lot of backers are outraged over the perceived nerfs to their stable of ships, which confirms the egregious state of the game and how unprecedently, and indefensibly p2w this game has become.
The most common defense against the assertation that Star Citizen is a calamitous p2w fiasco is that the action of spending hundreds (if not many thousands of dollars) on ships is NOT to gain a competitive advantage over other players but to fund the development of the game. But then if this were the case why would anyone care about their ships being nerfed? Surely spending that $850 (or insert another preposterous number) was to contribute to the cause NOT to acquire a massive advantage over players who haven't, right? Yeah of course it fucking wasn't. Don't pretend that transaction was in any shape or form well-intentioned.
Whatever little hopes I have of this game ever releasing are constantly poisoned by the realization that there are other players who have spent tens of thousands of dollars with the sole intention of acquiring such an enormous advantage over me that I could never compete, unless I sunk the same amount or another preposterous amount of game-time - I say this because there is no way CiG would ever make any of these ships easily obtainable due to the inevitable outrage from the whales.
Furthermore, the idea that people are more outraged over numbers on a web page than they are over the fact that some of these ships they're complaining about aren't even in the game, years after they bought them.
Please don't feel i'm directing this at you good folks, I've been banned from r/starcitizen so I guess preaching to the choir will do.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #472 on: October 28, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
 :lol:@ that guy on SA that paid :10bux: to declare the "fantasyland scam thing as decidedly over":
Quote from: SCtrumpHaters https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=477826339#post477826339
I don't want anyone and Dereek to get too bent out of shape but there will be swift reprisals for bullshit if it continues to be spread here. If you have criticisms fine, but this fantasyland scam thing is decidedly over.

And what exactly will be the swift reprisal if the "bullshit" continues? Are they going to revoke our citizenship :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #473 on: October 29, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
:lol:@ that guy on SA that paid :10bux: to declare the "fantasyland scam thing as decidedly over":
Quote from: SCtrumpHaters https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=477826339#post477826339
I don't want anyone and Dereek to get too bent out of shape but there will be swift reprisals for bullshit if it continues to be spread here. If you have criticisms fine, but this fantasyland scam thing is decidedly over.

And what exactly will be the swift reprisal if the "bullshit" continues? Are they going to revoke our citizenship :lol:

Yeah, once in a while we catch a live one over there.  :laugh:

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2017, 08:25:18 PM »
"I don't want anyone and Derek to get too bent out of shape but there will be swift reprisals for bullshit if it continues to be spread here. If you have criticisms fine, but this fantasyland scam thing is decidedly over."

What are they going to do If I spread hate and discontent? Take away my birthday? Idiots. If they keep talking shit I might just take the effort to register.

Delvymatt

« Reply #475 on: October 30, 2017, 03:47:50 AM »

I cannot see how anyone thinks it diversifies the player base - instead it does the opposite; it deepens the financial and emotional commitment of a small number of the existing investors/backers/player base...

the_wolfmann

« Reply #476 on: October 30, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #477 on: October 30, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »
"I don't want anyone and Derek to get too bent out of shape but there will be swift reprisals for bullshit if it continues to be spread here. If you have criticisms fine, but this fantasyland scam thing is decidedly over."

What are they going to do If I spread hate and discontent? Take away my birthday? Idiots. If they keep talking shit I might just take the effort to register.

Oh we're just laughing at the bad troll over on SA.  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #478 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
LOL!! Star Citizen's Ben Parry is so fired. Here is he, putting a backer in his place for going overboard.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
Yeah and if I glue pictures of different Star Citizen ship variants onto playing cards we would be playing Star Citizen, the game as well. It's just not the game that was promised to be delivered several years ago.

I know... It's Hard.

We were asking for too much Fidelity but more than that we were expecting not to clip through walls, die trying to enter ships, Have our ships violently swing away from us on the most gentile EVA, you know, the small stuff. Good flight physics, a quality FPS in Space Marine would help and overall FUN  gameplay is still a thing in most video game. I guess Chris Robbers didn't get the message.

Assclown           

Pong would meet the definition of a game but nobody would blow hundreds or thousands of dollars on it. What are these people smoking crack all day? They are devoid of reality. It's bad when they begin to believe their own bullshit.                                                                                                                     
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:03:38 PM by Spunky Munkee »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk