Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075929 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2017, 06:31:37 PM »
We're absolute twats because we are right. I think he didn't make that really clear  :D

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #482 on: November 05, 2017, 04:57:26 AM »
We're absolute twats because we are right. I think he didn't make that really clear  :D

It's amazing. I've been telling these guys for over two years now that the project is doomed and that it's a scam to get their money. But hey, I'm just in it for the lols now - what do I care about their money?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #483 on: November 05, 2017, 06:37:55 AM »
Yeah and if I glue pictures of different Star Citizen ship variants onto playing cards we would be playing Star Citizen, the game as well. It's just not the game that was promised to be delivered several years ago.

I know... It's Hard.

We were asking for too much Fidelity but more than that we were expecting not to clip through walls, die trying to enter ships, Have our ships violently swing away from us on the most gentile EVA, you know, the small stuff. Good flight physics, a quality FPS in Space Marine would help and overall FUN  gameplay is still a thing in most video game. I guess Chris Robbers didn't get the message.

Assclown           

Pong would meet the definition of a game but nobody would blow hundreds or thousands of dollars on it. What are these people smoking crack all day? They are devoid of reality. It's bad when they begin to believe their own bullshit.                                                                                                                     
See, when they started trotting out 'we're gonna have an FPS component' my eyebrows shot up.

This was supposed to be a SPACE sim. SPAAAAAAAAACE. Not Halo with a new coat of paint.

Feature creep, it's real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2017, 10:34:17 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7ayd4k/did_cig_lie/

Yeah, I wonder. Back when I said they were lying, you crazy cultists attacked us. Now the cows have come home.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2017, 10:52:14 AM »
"I have total faith that CIG will make the best game ever."

AYFKM.jpg

No, seriously. He's just laid out all the reasons he SHOULD be asking some very hard questions, right up to 'Explain this shit now, or I want a refund' and... he promptly backslides. How does someone like this survive, day to day?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #486 on: November 05, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »
OK, I've seen it all now. They're crying foul about being quoted out of their safe space.

I mention Derek Once in an Obscure comment and he Quotes me. Nowhere is safe Apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/7ay3eo/i_mention_derek_once_in_an_obscure_comment_and_he/dpdocr7/

These fucking clowns.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #487 on: November 05, 2017, 10:53:53 AM »
"I have total faith that CIG will make the best game ever."

AYFKM.jpg

No, seriously. He's just laid out all the reasons he SHOULD be asking some very hard questions, right up to 'Explain this shit now, or I want a refund' and... he promptly backslides. How does someone like this survive, day to day?

#notacult

Meowz

« Reply #488 on: November 05, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »

It's amazing. I've been telling these guys for over two years now that the project is doomed and that it's a scam to get their money. But hey, I'm just in it for the lols now - what do I care about their money?

Some listened, thanks to you I saved $3500. While it was in SC all it got me was looks of disbelief and mocking jabs from my friends. I convinced my other friend to pull his 2k out, but now they just wont reply to his refund requests (has sent two), not even the automatic message that states they received a ticket. I sent one of them myself. Its like if you select "refund" for the category it just goes to auto delete after confirming its been sent.

Flashwit

« Reply #489 on: November 06, 2017, 09:15:42 AM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7ayd4k/did_cig_lie/

Yeah, I wonder. Back when I said they were lying, you crazy cultists attacked us. Now the cows have come home.

This is what I expect at this point sadly. The main homes of these people have become so paranoid that anyone coming in with a criticism has to 'prove their cred' by making the requisite 'hail chris' and other ceremonial supplication. It's supposed to be a discussion area, not a fanboy zone.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #490 on: November 06, 2017, 09:51:35 AM »
This is what I expect at this point sadly. The main homes of these people have become so paranoid that anyone coming in with a criticism has to 'prove their cred' by making the requisite 'hail chris' and other ceremonial supplication. It's supposed to be a discussion area, not a fanboy zone.

Yeah, it's pathetic. Meanwhile, this is the sort of thing that continues to cast them in a poor light. OSC rips them a new one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7b8nh8/the_toxic_star_citizen_community/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:13:49 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #491 on: November 06, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »
Meanwhile, since we're in bragging territory now...

Just look how SHITTY and SMALL skyrim is compared to the BDSSE!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7azho2/star_citizen_4km_plot_vs_skyrim/

awwww, that's so cute. :allears:

Line Of Defense, Gulge planetary base, 256 sq km (16km x 16km)

I dare not even display a planetary base from my older Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games, some of which are about 10x that.

Motto

« Reply #492 on: November 06, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
Yeah, it's pathetic. Meanwhile, this is the sort of thing that continues to cast them in a poor light. OSC rips them a new one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7b2wc3/the_toxic_star_citizen_community/

Nope. Post got modded far away to an unknown galaxy. Was to personal addressed I guess.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7b2wc3/the_toxic_star_citizen_community/

Nope. Post got modded far away to an unknown galaxy. Was to personal addressed I guess.

Looks like he deleted the first one because of a warning from mods. He re-created it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7b8nh8/the_toxic_star_citizen_community/

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2017, 05:50:20 AM »
Also, CIG has asked all employees to no longer do repeating shows. Even the super whales. This is going to go down so well.

https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/928000254615617536

Bensday is on hiatus. @RobertsSpaceInd  asked employees not to do recurring shows. That’s all the info I have at this time.  #StarCitizen

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/928241589394305029

Yeah, because it's going to be easy to spot those no longer there. But that's nuthin'. It's only the beginning of what comes next. Wait and see. At least you will have the memories.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk