Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075669 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »
Evocati exit

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/7ig4u2/1350_refund/?st=jb17q04l&sh=133919ff

Thank you /r/starcitizen_refunds for providing me with the information I needed to ensure that I got this back.

I started this refund process around the time that 3.0 dropped to us in Evocati. After seeing it first hand and realizing it wasn't the dream patch that it was touted to be, I finally accepted that I wasn't going to be getting what was promised some years ago.

It might be worthy of a simple $60 someday, though.

As a related side note: I do admit that I have a problem when it comes to space games. I can't help myself and end up buying into the newest space game to play it early or just to help support them. Hopefully, this will finally break me of that habit.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Flashwit

« Reply #602 on: December 11, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »
I'm intrigued by that line about how they submit manual refunds once a week. So they're definitely getting enough refund requests that they've implemented a process to batch them all into one day as opposed to a more ad hoc style.

nightfire

« Reply #603 on: December 11, 2017, 11:20:11 AM »
I'm intrigued by that line about how they submit manual refunds once a week. So they're definitely getting enough refund requests that they've implemented a process to batch them all into one day as opposed to a more ad hoc style.

Once a week is not enough. The moment they start doing daily batch runs to keep up with demand is the moment I'm looking forward to.  :10bux: :10bux:

Motto

« Reply #604 on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:38 AM »
They don't have the money to do refunds in daily batches even if the demand was that high. It's nearly game over. All the signs are there.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #605 on: December 11, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
This 850+ point Reddit post is about the death of DayZ, and how it compares to Star Citizen. You should read it.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #606 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »

Motto

« Reply #607 on: December 11, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »
It isn't a threat, it's fact  :D

I wonder if eventually somebody ships a horses head...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #608 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:00 AM »
Not sure if the latest FailureToReport video was shared yet. Man, look at those down votes  :laugh:

krylite

« Reply #609 on: December 12, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »
Not sure if the latest FailureToReport video was shared yet. Man, look at those down votes  :laugh:

:laugh: his 'sarcasm' doubletalk videos and ticking off scores of ED fans in his prior two videos didn't seem to help, rather made things worse for his channel 'cred'.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #611 on: December 12, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »
Looks like they've started preparing for the worse case scenario

What framerate will you be happy with once 3.0 goes live?

Motto

« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2017, 12:38:42 AM »
I'm starting to think Chris actually meant that every player has to run his own server in order to get the highest levels of fidelity. If you can't run your own server, this isn't a game for you  :D

nightfire

« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2017, 02:28:56 AM »
I'm starting to think Chris actually meant that every player has to run his own server in order to get the highest levels of fidelity. If you can't run your own server, this isn't a game for you  :D

2019: A wealthy Chinese businessman and passionate Star Citizen backer shows off his server rig running the latest 3.0.1q-384772 patch in Evocati. „If you hop in immediately after reboot, you can get frame rates as high as 15 fps“ he gloats proudly. By the way, the Chinese inscription on the server reads „Derek Smart Was Right, But He’s Still an #%$&“.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:44 AM »
Looks like they've started preparing for the worse case scenario

What framerate will you be happy with once 3.0 goes live?

Sooo people really seem to like the sci-fi equivalent of "walking simulators", as long as they reach 30+ fps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk