Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075409 times)

Motto

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #660 on: December 22, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
He's probably confusing Sales with Marketing.

Bubba

« Reply #661 on: December 22, 2017, 01:29:26 PM »
Well, if he thinks he could have had a job as a creative where he never had to worry about the next paycheck his whole life,  he's living in the wrong century.

Anyway, I like how he claims cig has far more content than what they show publicly - just trust him on that - and then says that this is the most transparent game development process ever.

helimoth

« Reply #662 on: December 22, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
In a delicious bit of irony, I think it's clear that he doesn't know a damn thing about game development if he thinks this is par for the course.
That list of games is very nice, but in their 6th year of development those games were wrapping up final touches or heading into their final year of development. Star Citizen is at the same point and they're not even midway through development.

Let's imagine they have infinite money. This thing still wouldn't be 'done' until at least a decade of development. What a crackpot.

Another thing they fail to mention is that those games were made by studios who time their releases carefully. A product could be almost done by year 4 but if they had other huge releases panned for that year but none for the following then u can bet that game gets shelved for a year and excess developers pulled off it. CIG have no such considerations to make - 6 years for pre alpha is a joke and they should be ashamed.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2017, 04:09:32 PM »
Er no.

There are some very bright and able people working in Marketing.

This chump isn't one of them !

I never said there aren't bright and able people in marketing. I won't even say, that they on average are bad. But in that case we're specifically speaking about someone tallking to, what we can assume, are his customers. So awaiting any information not specifically framed to impress the picture of a bright future and a-okay present, is imho naive.
And about the whole "bright and able" - yes Bernie Madoff was also bright and able, and his spin of the actual situation fooled many bright and able persons - that doesn't mean i can't rant about the whole thing.
So to end on with a quote, regarding my last post, which often makes me smile - "Generalizations are always wrong"; some professor.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #664 on: December 23, 2017, 06:20:53 AM »
Gorf updated his chart

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

randomness

« Reply #665 on: December 23, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »
Saw this on SA  and just HAD to get in my 2 cents:

If  anyone actually believes this, you don't get to call yourself a gamer in any way shape or form. You're a douche who buys a  :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: pc so he can rub himself off to HD Crysis screenshots. The same way a guy who spends 10 k putting SOLID GOLD rims and a big honking spoiler on his car is not a "car enthusiast", he is , once again, a douche.

The attitude that  "games are about TECH, and LOOKING BREATHTAKING and COMPLEXITY" is what actually contributed to the decline (not death lol) of PC gaming....
Games..... get this....... are about gameplay. 
Do you really think that?   
Tell that to Minecraft.
Tell that to Undertale.
or Cuphead.
or Factorio.

In the Squadron 42 demo I saw:
-A dialogue system with less options  than Fallout 4.
-An interface taken out of a low quality MMO with :"hold down ALT to display cursor on screen to click on things"
-Cinematics that interject DIRECTLY into the gameplay AND take you out of first person, which I assume are non-skippable.
-Cover based FPS combat out of literally every single FPS out there. Oh and in the future, you wield a gun that shoots bullets.
-"Carry [block of power] to [empty socket with no power] to turn on power. Like in Dead Space. LITERALLY like in Dead Space. Well, not literally, you do it with telekinesis in Dead Space.
-Use this tool with 1 function to bypass door. Lockpick, cutting torch, breach charge, etc.
-Pre animated stealth takedowns.

Care to tell me which of those is gonna save gaming ?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:11:34 PM by randomness »

Flashwit

« Reply #666 on: December 24, 2017, 12:07:10 PM »
That is an absolutely cringe worthy post. I can't believe he's not embarrassed to have that attached to his name. This is like a non-ironic version of that Rick and Morty copypasta.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he has a Pepe avatar.

Soulmatic

« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »
Btw, his username "Chikatilo" refers to a famous Soviet serial killer. Lookup "Andrei Chikatilo" on wikipedia.

nightfire

« Reply #668 on: December 24, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
My "STUPIDITY OVERLOAD" fuse blew when I read the part about asking an NPC, getting a gun (or not), and the leap in gaming technology this represents.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #669 on: December 24, 2017, 03:58:55 PM »
That is an absolutely cringe worthy post. I can't believe he's not embarrassed to have that attached to his name. This is like a non-ironic version of that Rick and Morty copypasta.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he has a Pepe avatar.

He's a shill moron. He appeared on my Discord server shortly before posting that. He was shredded.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #670 on: December 25, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »
Meanwhile over at FDdev, MTBFritz has written another one of his epic efforts posts

jwh1701

« Reply #671 on: December 26, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »
MTBFritz's post is excellent and and well spoken and conveys similar thoughts I have concerning SC.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #672 on: December 26, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
WOW, Epic. Perhaps it could have been edited a bit for brevity but I applaud his effort and intent.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #673 on: December 27, 2017, 12:33:02 PM »
Star Citizen, where the only things persistent, are the bugs

Meanwhile, this guy posted in the hive about getting a refund. The comments are, well, go look. #notacult

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #674 on: December 27, 2017, 02:19:14 PM »
LOL!! The Shillizen who backed out of debating (he would have been crushed, of course) me live on @GameTalkLive a few weeks ago, is back again. It's cringe-worthy and hilarious.  :bahgawd:

They're all doing disaster control, following the 3.0 disaster release

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk