Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074463 times)

Greggy_D

Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #675 on: December 27, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »
He is such a POS liar.  He says "they have met every single stretch goal.  Everything you see here is done" at 11:05.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
He is such a POS liar.  He says "they have met every single stretch goal.  Everything you see here is done" at 11:05.

Yeah, I was actually aghast when he said that.

I left him a message. I'm probably getting banned.

Derek Smart
2 seconds ago
I have a question. Were you drunk when @ 11:05 you claimed that they had met every stretch goal?

You see, this is why we keep track, and why only devout backers need pay ANY attention to what you guys ( have a vested interest in lying) have to say. This is a COMPLETE list of everything Chris promised. Even discounting 3.0, they haven't even made it to 18% completed yet. After 6 yrs and $175M.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:11:46 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2017, 06:41:28 PM »
Just finished the SC video from Montoya which is very disingenuous on the completion aspect of the game. If SC should ever collapse I hope a very in-depth legal investigation takes places concerning the backers money.

StanTheMan

« Reply #678 on: December 28, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »
Just finished the SC video from Montoya which is very disingenuous on the completion aspect of the game. If SC should ever collapse I hope a very in-depth legal investigation takes places concerning the backers money.

He strikes me as a bit thick however, as he possesses some presentation skills and is outgoing, too many people think he knows what he is talking about.

A certain type of  "gobshite" as they are known in the North of England !
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:09:53 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #679 on: December 28, 2017, 06:53:59 AM »

LOL!! Yeah, that actually did cross my mind :)
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #680 on: December 28, 2017, 07:03:32 AM »
He strikes me as a bit thick however, as he possesses some presentation skills and is outgoing, too many people think he knows what he is talking about.

From my experience the zealots never let the facts get in the way of their adoration for Star Citizen. #Notacult

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #681 on: December 28, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
From my experience the zealots never let the facts get in the way of their adoration for Star Citizen. #Notacult

Indeed.

I went back to his video to read the comments when someone alerted me to the fact that he responded to me. The comments are savage.

Of course, no Star Citizen discussion would be complete without the obligatory "Where is Line Of Defense"  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #682 on: December 28, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »
Scott Manley takes on 3.0, and the comments are everything you expect

nightfire

« Reply #683 on: December 28, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Scott Manley takes on 3.0, and the comments are everything you expect

At 0:19, this struck me (and the same asset is also visible a bit later in a bookshelf in the office):

The book "Compilers - Principles, Techniques and Tools" (aka the "Dragon Book", standard reading in any CS curriculum) has nothing to do with space, yet can't be lying there by chance… at the cargo desk, of all places!

I wonder: is this like the leaflets pleading for help from within some Chinese prison factory, which used to find their way into Western consumer goods and into the media?

Maybe this is a hidden message of despair from some poor grinding CIG dev forced to stay in the office over Christmas?  Very strange!  :laugh:

Motto

« Reply #684 on: December 29, 2017, 02:03:40 AM »
No, it's a message from the AI system that it needs improving.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #685 on: December 29, 2017, 05:42:08 AM »
No, it's a message from the AI system that it needs improving.

:vince:
 :five: :five: :five:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #686 on: December 29, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
Yeah, I was actually aghast when he said that.

I left him a message. I'm probably getting banned.

So after creating an attack video against MassivelyOP, and I called him out on Twitter, he did this

https://testsquadron.com/threads/help-derek-smart-is-attacking-me-on-twitter-d.12571/

There you will find the usual threats of violence, death etc. Over a frigging video game.

And that Talonsbane guy is a whale https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Talonsbane

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #687 on: December 29, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
Mine was made decades ago. So someone has taken up the mantle and made one for Chris Roberts

Bubba

« Reply #688 on: December 29, 2017, 03:21:24 PM »
I'm SHOCKED that you'd h4xx0r the guy with your 1337 google skillz and doxx her or him, revealing his citizen record! Is nobody safe?

The desktop commander thing is kinda a sacred piece of Internet lore, though. I'm not sure there can be a worthy replacement...  At least I haven't seen one.

Motto

« Reply #689 on: December 29, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
I'd say that by doing a remake of the Desktop Commander thing, they're paying more tribute to Derek than to Chris. Chris should be thankful that somebody thought him worthy of his own Desktop Commander clip. Very, very, very thankful actually. Being copied being the best kind of flattering of course.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk