Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075104 times)

Penny579

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2018, 03:17:34 AM »
Is there a really comprehensive infographic around?  something that shows, funding, announced release dates, actual patch dates. dates of some of the big scandals.  Dare I say even speculation to the finish line.

I have seen the promises tracker, but its hard to get the true sense of whats going on other than it is not finished.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
Is there a really comprehensive infographic around?  something that shows, funding, announced release dates, actual patch dates. dates of some of the big scandals.  Dare I say even speculation to the finish line.

I have seen the promises tracker, but its hard to get the true sense of whats going on other than it is not finished.

funding - check their website
release dates - check their website
patch dates - check their website
dates of big scandals - check my blogs, Twitter feed, Something Awful, Reddit
speculation to the finish line - there is no. the project is FUBAR
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #812 on: February 27, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »
Well that's a tad hostile. Man, Shitizens are the best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/80e0qe/how_did_you_feel_about_telling_people_to_wait_for/duvlqii/

"True, very true. CR has stated right from the start he wanted to do this game differently then the established publisher/developer system. And I can't blame him. Both EA and M$ screwed him over, so it's pretty easy to see why he wants to try a different route. This means that of course he's going to keep fundraising as people keep throwing money at him, why not? He's stated it's all going to go to developing and maintaining the game. So unless it's the con some people think it is it's not a bad thing they keep raising more money IMHO.

In the end the question for me comes down to the integrity and track record of the person at the helm of this experiment. I trust Mr. Roberts. I think that SC is his magnum opus, the game he always envisioned while he was making his earlier games. While it isn't too hard to suspect some of the other people involved I feel that for CR this is a matter of pride. He wants, hell even needs, SC to succeed so he can show all the publishers (especially the ones that screwed him over) that they're fucking idiots that have stifled game development much more than they have advanced it.

That's good enough for me. Will I be disappointed if the game fails or CR proves to have feet of clay and it's all a con? No. I'll be totally pissed off and out for blood. I mean it. CR will need to spend all the money on purchasing an estate he never leaves, or drastic plastic surgery, maybe both. But I don't see that going down. Taking forever to reach a more polished state? Sure, but eventually we'll all have the game that CR intends us to have, and I feel it'll be something really special.
"
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #813 on: February 27, 2018, 08:19:33 AM »
Well that's a tad hostile. Man, Shitizens are the best.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/80e0qe/how_did_you_feel_about_telling_people_to_wait_for/duvlqii/

I think your analogy "Remember, these guys are a few raisins short of a fruitcake" is not strong enough for this one.

Motto

« Reply #814 on: February 27, 2018, 08:23:13 AM »
So, one raisin short of a fruitcake factory?

jwh1701

« Reply #815 on: February 27, 2018, 08:28:57 AM »
So, one raisin short of a fruitcake factory?

:emot-lol: yep that would be fitting analogy.

StanTheMan

« Reply #816 on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:37 AM »

I think your analogy "Remember, these guys are a few raisins short of a fruitcake" is not strong enough for this one.

Cretins like him are in every company and organisation.   Thick as pig shit, making idiotic decisions and thinking they are geniuses...

jwh1701

« Reply #817 on: March 02, 2018, 08:19:36 PM »
Talking about the tracker in over in reddit, link to it so many times since they always question game progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/81f9tz/very_detailed_and_inclusive_star_citizen_progress/

Motto

« Reply #818 on: March 03, 2018, 03:36:00 AM »
I think this discussion says it all. The hype is over, Chris has lost the momentum and failing to deliver a decent patch or - more likely - failing to deliver a patch as promised at all, will turn more fanboys away. This game is dead.

StanTheMan

« Reply #819 on: March 03, 2018, 03:48:55 AM »
I think this discussion says it all. The hype is over, Chris has lost the momentum and failing to deliver a decent patch or - more likely - failing to deliver a patch as promised at all, will turn more fanboys away. This game is dead.

The sales of JPEGS in the mid price ranges will show us how dead as CRoberts relies on relatively new Backers "upgrading" their JPEG fleet as they become sucked in to whatever fantasy game they have devised in their head.

jwh1701

« Reply #820 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Interesting post on spectrum from Ortwin on UK credits, the posts and pictures are  :emot-laffo:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

Tempted to ask if they will make the 3 year deadline.

jwh1701

« Reply #821 on: March 03, 2018, 09:37:22 AM »
Another great show, been watching to see the post go bonkers but so far relatively good for his latest work.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #822 on: March 05, 2018, 10:27:29 AM »
Yes, we know that Shitizens have a knack for revisionist history. But even though Crytek said in their court filings that they made the tech demos - something that CIG didn't even deny or regard in their filings, there are those who still keep saying the opposite.

Well....

No, I don't have link. That was over five years and three forums ago. Those of us who have been around since the beginning know the story behind the prototype and how Star Citizen became a crowdfunding endeavor. Even if there was a chance to find a corresponding thread in the Wordpress abomination that was our website and forum back then, I won't spend probably countless hours crawling through the internet archives to find that thread.

If I remember correctly it was Ben Lesnik who told us about the production of the prototype, that Chris Roberts wrote the bespoke code on top of the of the CryEngine, sometimes on his own, sometimes with the help of tech consultants like Paul Reindell. CGBot was involved in the project until 2014. The very first generation of ships and art assets - the one that you see in the original pitch trailer - were done by them.

Again, all of that is well known to those who have been here since the beginning, but many of the original sources are now hidden deep in some archives from over five years ago. I guess we should probably ask Ben to tell the story again so that we have a fresh source. One small source I can give you right away is this interview with Paul Reindell where he talks about how he got involved in the project. Note that he didn't see the prototype until Chris had send him a demo for troubleshooting.

StanTheMan

« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
Yes, we know that Shitizens have a knack for revisionist history. But even though Crytek said in their court filings that they made the tech demos - something that CIG didn't even deny or regard in their filings, there are those who still keep saying the opposite.

Well....

Isnt a problem with this that although Reindell says he helped Chris with the prototype in his capacity as a Technical Consultant at Crytek, it isnt clear how extensively he helped ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:20:52 PM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #824 on: March 06, 2018, 08:22:06 AM »
Isnt a problem with this that although Reindell says he helped Chris with the prototype in his capacity as a Technical Consultant at Crytek, it isnt clear how extensively he helped ?

That information obviously isn't public, so there is no way of knowing the extent of his assistant. It's largely irrelevant however. What I think is relevant is what I tweeted yesterday.  The guys who left CryTek and joined the early stages of the project, as well as those who were involved in the decision making for the switch from CE3 to LY, including those who worked on that, are key to the lawsuit claims that Crytek is making.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk