Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074465 times)

Penny579

Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #870 on: March 28, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
I'd agree there was very little in the 3.1 plan, excluding the critical task of helmet polishing that was clearly needed before gameplay could even be considered, I thought there was a marked change in the way they did the 3.1 -3.4 roadmap, it was the least ambitious and most credible, stark contrast with normal everything is 98% done buy jpegs now rhetoric. its almost as if development only started in 2017.

this does not exclude them from the from the sorely lacking plan, they make up a road map every year, they are now polling to see how popular their road map is, which highlights that it's a marketing tool not a management tool.

it's reality-defying how such incompetence was given 180 million dollars and after six years + they cant even show a plan to finish... JFC how is squadron 42 road map in development and coming soon when its three years overdue...

Chris mate, 'answer the call' from basic intelligence and step down, you could not manage the fries at MacDonalds never mind a budget.

how do people look in the mirror and tell themselves its normal development without slitting thier wrists in shame is beyond me, it would be normal 'game development' if this pathetic development milestone happened 6 years ago,  taking half a decade is not ambitious its incompetence. Hellion with 1% of the budget has acomlished more in less time, shit i have seen projects dreamed up, designed and built in less time than this farce of project, that involves actual stuff that is hard and has never been done before.     

but its harder to get jpegs to fly around in a pre built engine than it is to design a real rocket and get it into outer space or create whole software packages from scratch...  its normal to do a first iteration on mechanics now, years after the completion date original completion date when you only have 30 times the original budget.  its pretty standard that projects take 3 times longer than expected with no reasonable estimate to complete.

sorry I got a bit ranty there its hard not to get the blood boiling with such blatant abuse of peoples good will, it's such an injustice that CR and his entourage will get away it in the end. I hope they manage to produce something in the end if only to lessen this extortionate crime.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #871 on: March 29, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
There is a reason that they are now having month long sales. They have to be running low on cash, and JPEGs are the only income they can rely on atm.

When this crashes, it's going to be amazing.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #872 on: March 30, 2018, 01:13:32 AM »
People/Gamers are strangely willing to give developers leeway when they fail to meet self set deadlines.

And not only for SC and CIG. Chucklefish back in the days missed their self set release for Starbound of 2012, entered pre-orders in 2013 and missed every darn deadline till today, though they went for the minimal viable product in 2016. And the whole Spiel seemingly didn't hurt them one bit.

So it can only be a matter of time until that whole subject will get researched, formalized and then put to use by bigger publishers. If it wasn't already.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #873 on: March 30, 2018, 06:32:11 AM »
I believe we call that Early Access now. :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2018, 02:50:27 AM »
People/Gamers are strangely willing to give developers leeway when they fail to meet self set deadlines.

And not only for SC and CIG. Chucklefish back in the days missed their self set release for Starbound of 2012, entered pre-orders in 2013 and missed every darn deadline till today, though they went for the minimal viable product in 2016. And the whole Spiel seemingly didn't hurt them one bit.

So it can only be a matter of time until that whole subject will get researched, formalized and then put to use by bigger publishers. If it wasn't already.

Based only on what you have written, it will have hurt them and it hurt their customers.

You can't be efficient or have a good atmosphere internally etc etc if you dont know where your next meal is coming from.

Croberts has squandered this opportunity so completely that it is difficult to see it as anything other than a cynical ploy to rip off gamers.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:29:29 AM by dsmart »

N0mad

« Reply #876 on: April 02, 2018, 08:11:37 AM »
My favourite bit from 3-1-yet-another-opportunity-wasted :

Basically CIG sacrifices a good gameplay experience, for a better screenshot machine

Almost as though the zealots are finally beginning to understand.

Motto

« Reply #877 on: April 02, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
Oh My God. Why won't you people shut up? IT IS AN ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #878 on: April 02, 2018, 09:55:35 AM »
Bootcha made a rare effort post

Kyrt

« Reply #879 on: April 02, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
Oh My God. Why won't you people shut up? IT IS AN ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Personally?
I am fully prepared to accept that it is an Alpha and treat it as such and as such, the stated FPS rate doesn't affect me in the slightest.

The problem is that CIG are treating what is a preAlpha....it isn't even an Alpha and won't be till they at least get the engine up and running and functionally complete....as a Gold - or at least, Beta - release with their emphasis on polish and optimisation with an eye to make the game playable for the general public and to provide them with an acceptable gaming experience.

I'll stop judging it as a Gold when CIG start treating it as the preAlpha it is. But if they want to treat it as a de facto Gold /late-Beta release, and then spend millions on work and polish that is designed to be thrown away - those polished assets aren't going to survive Alpha or Beta - then you should expect to be judged as one.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #880 on: April 02, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #881 on: April 03, 2018, 09:22:51 AM »
Disgruntled Backer: "3.1: Yet another opportunity wasted"

CIG: Piss off. Thread closed.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/3-1-yet-another-opportunity-wasted

Motto

« Reply #882 on: April 03, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
Welcome to the club of the haunted and hated. You are in the wrong place to express your opinion. This place is only for true believers. Prepare to get crucified, asked to stay away, to shut up because it's Alpha and ofc you don't understand game development. /sarcasm off

Don't know why the poster stated /sarcasm off. Without it, it's right on the spot  :laugh:

Seriously, people still not seeing the truth, it's beyond me.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #883 on: April 03, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
It's basically a cult. We already know this.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk