Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1075113 times)

Backer42

• Refundian
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #900 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:57 PM »
And not only for SC and CIG. Chucklefish back in the days missed their self set release for Starbound of 2012, entered pre-orders in 2013 and missed every darn deadline till today, though they went for the minimal viable product in 2016. And the whole Spiel seemingly didn't hurt them one bit.
Well, I spent change on Starbound EA, played ten hours until novelty wore off and never touched it again. I never even noticed the whole drama, because CF didn't ask me to spend hundred of dollars on JPEGs. People get too invested into this stuff...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #901 on: April 12, 2018, 05:19:27 PM »
In today's Star Citizen dev broadcast, Jared is totally trolling his boss.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #902 on: April 14, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »
:emot-lol:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereFlaccidAsteriskTriHard PaperWork Citizen
https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyHedonisticWolfDerp "Nothing works ingame yet Virtual Captain"
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyCourageousUdonHassanChop Most of the money is coming from the same freaking people
https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantR...lStoneLightning I pray for star citizen
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #903 on: April 14, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »
:emot-lol:

https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyHedonisticWolfDerp "Nothing works ingame yet Virtual Captain"

This one is my frustration so many streamers, supporters still keep pushing the game and most have links
on youtube for signup.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #904 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:38 PM »
Gorf is typing about the SQ42 schedule that was promised

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #905 on: April 18, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »
Struggles with Star Citizen free play weekend. 45 mins trying to get in, 45 mins trying to figure out what to do. Some gameplay.

the_wolfmann

« Reply #906 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
What the actual shit!? Did they just talk for roughly 11 minutes before the game allowed them to rise from the wank pod?

Game's deader than dead. It's not DOA, it's dead in limbo. I have no words how people can continue to burn their money on this stinking pile of sparkly looking turd.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #907 on: April 19, 2018, 02:30:44 AM »
What the actual shit!? Did they just talk for roughly 11 minutes before the game allowed them to rise from the wank pod?

Game's deader than dead. It's not DOA, it's dead in limbo. I have no words how people can continue to burn their money on this stinking pile of sparkly looking turd.

I've said it before, it's nothing but Sunk Cost Fallacy at this point. There is no other explanation.

jwh1701

« Reply #908 on: April 19, 2018, 05:51:47 AM »
Struggles with Star Citizen free play weekend. 45 mins trying to get in, 45 mins trying to figure out what to do. Some gameplay.

:emot-lol: not the first time I've seen this very expensive loading screen simulator.

Update. 34 min in
What  a mess of bugs, hiccups, clipping.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:11:47 AM by jwh1701 »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #909 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »
Since the Intel deal it requires to be installed on SSD. It streams content from a HDD at a whopping 1 MB/s.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #910 on: April 19, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »
It's time for everyone on this sub to take action

That is so cute.

They're pissing in the wind. The time for them to hold CIG accountable has long past.

Serves them right. They should have listened.

They're never - ever - getting their money back. And even if they somehow got a class action going, they'd be lucky to get pennies on the Dollar.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #911 on: April 19, 2018, 01:30:17 PM »
Robin (OpenHouse) Free Fly session.

https://mixer.com/rsolgtp?vod=28416792

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #912 on: April 23, 2018, 02:21:22 PM »
You have to watch this. These chuckleheads claim they're totally making an MMO

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: The Star Citizenship
« Reply #913 on: April 24, 2018, 06:23:11 PM »
In case you weren't following the Streetroller small claims case against croberts, there was a hearing on his MtD back in March. I just saw a Reddit post by OSC (they had a tussle back in January) referencing it, then I decided to check.

https://portal.njcourts.gov/webe6/ACMSPA/CaptchaController

Middlesex County, Special Civil, Docket # 001160

UPDATE:

So Streetroller's case against Chris Roberts got tossed after the attorney filed a MtD. He then tried to get it vacated, and that too was denied. The End.

I told him that his case was doomed to fail and wouldn't survive an MtD. But he got all pissy, insulted me over it.

THIS is precisely what I've been warning about for THREE YEARS where I said that backers are going to have an uphill battle if they think they stand any chance of prevailing in ANY legal action over this project. I don't know on what grounds it was dismissed, as the case docs aren't online, but I would guess that it has to do with, among other things, arbitration.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:39:49 PM by dsmart »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #914 on: April 24, 2018, 07:02:47 PM »
I wish I could tell him that what's coming is going to completely shatter his faith and dreams.

Star Citizen 5+ Years and counting

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk