Author Topic: Star Citizen Citizenship  (Read 1074454 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Citizenship
« Reply #915 on: April 25, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
In what should come as no surprise, someone ran analytics on the Reddit down-vote trap. Star Citizen earned the dubious distinction of being #3 on the list. I'm completely shocked.

For those of you who don't know how Reddit works, down votes are the opposite of likes. They are used to drown unpopular opinions that a hive mind opposes. The net result is the comment|thread gets drowned and unless you're involved, could very well be invisible.

In the case of Star Citizen, the toxic clowns who took over the Reddit, discourage ANY and ALL dissent. It's controlled by **paid** CIG community team members who are in cahoots with the Reddit creator and mods. That's how they steer the discussion and quash dissent.

In fact, INN, one of the PR companies (disguised as a fan site) that I exposed back in 2016, and which led to their destruction, was also active in the Reddit. In fact, one of the writers was actually a mod in the Reddit.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

biglads

• Smarties
« Reply #916 on: April 25, 2018, 09:07:42 AM »
Star Citizen is proud to have produced the third stinkiest poop in the reddit sewer.  Perhaps their most tangible achievement.

Bubba

« Reply #917 on: April 25, 2018, 10:42:54 AM »
Three points. First, that article is from August 2016. Surely r/starcitizen has cleaned up its act since then.

Second, their methodology: all they did was harvest the top 2500 most downvoted posts and sort them by category. That doesn't give you a comprehensive survey of the cesspit, like, for example, the number of upvotes and downvotes total against the total number of posts.

Third, let's take the cases: Politics, in an election year, took the lead, followed by soccer. Those are huge markets. Then three video games: SC, LoL, and DOTA 2.
Go to Google Trends and check how search performance for the three tracks against each other.

In short, we can't really tell, but it sure looks like, two years ago, they were outperforming the most toxic communities on reddit, and doing it with a much smaller base. AKA Cult.

But that was two years ago, when times were good for CIG.

jwh1701

« Reply #918 on: April 25, 2018, 02:55:58 PM »
In what should come as no surprise, someone ran analytics on the Reddit down-vote trap. Star Citizen earned the dubious distinction of being #3 on the list. I'm completely shocked.

LOL that is really not surprising considering before my last account was banned I was able to get 35 hate messages in under a month. I all can say is I'm glad to of helped get SC into the top 3. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #919 on: April 26, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
Three points. First, that article is from August 2016. Surely r/starcitizen has cleaned up its act since then.

Yes, we know

Second, their methodology: all they did was harvest the top 2500 most downvoted posts and sort them by category. That doesn't give you a comprehensive survey of the cesspit, like, for example, the number of upvotes and downvotes total against the total number of posts.

Irrelevant. That's how "sampling" works. It's standard procedure is such merits, even in polls, Neilson ratings etc.

In short, we can't really tell, but it sure looks like, two years ago, they were outperforming the most toxic communities on reddit, and doing it with a much smaller base. AKA Cult.

But that was two years ago, when times were good for CIG.

Nothing appears to have changed.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Bubba

« Reply #920 on: April 26, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »
No stastician capable of spelling his or her occupation right would say that picking the most n cases of anything constitutes "sampling."
Now, it's a good indicator of extremism, but again, we don't have the crowd side. When you realize that every single other r/ on that list had at least an order of magnitude more posts, then you see that it's really not turd #3. It's more like an Appalachian village of 40,000 finishing third behind NYC and Chicago for opiate OD deaths. Something is seriously wrong.

"we know" it's 2 years old, but it wasn't mentioned anywhere. Willy nilly, I wouldn't want anyone taking those data and making an ass of themselves and their source. You know, "but then someone pointed out that (due to shitizen attrition) no post had gotten nearly that many downvotes in over a year, so the whole thing must be a fakery. DS is just doxxing again.

And for the rest, no shit. You express surprise at CIG being caught lying, I express confidence that they've improved. But we can agree that two years ago, times were a lot better for these clowns, who are now racing to produce something that can at least beat a reasonable doubt of not being a MVP, preponderance of evidence be damned.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

jwh1701

« Reply #922 on: April 26, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »
CitizenCon!!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16493-CitizenCon-2948-Announcement

Seems that this would cost a significant amount of money which I have to believe is running low. When they stopped from doing them I though the spending has caught up to them. But from the outward appearance they are still spending like the money is a non issue which always puzzles me.

premiumnugz

« Reply #923 on: April 26, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »
Seems that this would cost a significant amount of money which I have to believe is running low. When they stopped from doing them I though the spending has caught up to them. But from the outward appearance they are still spending like the money is a non issue which always puzzles me.

Opportunity cost, Citizencon costs money but it's also CIG's main money maker, gotta shake that tree down at least annually.  :cat2:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #924 on: April 27, 2018, 05:25:27 AM »

I am certain that it costs less in the US, than overseas - and the tickets pay for it anyway. Plus, it's all marketing expense.

jwh1701

« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »
Well that sucks that its not to costly for them, but on the brighter side we have an interesting opportunity for data collection. I'm very interested to see what happens with the funding tracker and what new cool tech name dropping shenanigans they might try. Or will we get more cut scenes with Mr. Hamill and more per-rendered SQ42 tech demos.

Motto

« Reply #926 on: April 28, 2018, 01:13:36 AM »
That's assuming they make it until October

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #927 on: April 30, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
For those of you who don't know how Reddit works, down votes are the opposite of likes. They are used to drown unpopular opinions that a hive mind opposes. The net result is the comment|thread gets drowned and unless you're involved, could very well be invisible.

In the case of Star Citizen, the toxic clowns who took over the Reddit, discourage ANY and ALL dissent. It's controlled by **paid** CIG community team members who are in cahoots with the Reddit creator and mods. That's how they steer the discussion and quash dissent.
There is a reason why I stay completely clear of shill sites like Reddit. Fruitful discussion stems from opinion variety and the whole moderation by vote concept of Reddit is completely orthogonal to that. Reddit is nothing more than a failed social experiment.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #928 on: April 30, 2018, 07:26:17 AM »
Reddit is nothing more than a failed social experiment.

Yeah, but they're making money off it. So.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #929 on: April 30, 2018, 07:56:23 AM »
Why after 5 years i still fully support Star Citizen

It's almost as if they keep making these types of posts in order to convince themselves that they made the right choice to support a full blown scam.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk