Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592230 times)

mtn355

Re: Star Citizen Media Articles
« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »
Just flipped throught the pages roughly, the best part of it which cought my eye:

Page#257 line13,14:
If RSI Is Not A Party To The GLA, Then Crytek's
Claims For Copyright Infringement Are Even Stronger

Fatality!
Kevin, Finish Them.

Wipeout

« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
Well I read it and feel disappointed, it wasn't any kind of "nuclear" bomb that Derek alluded predicting, imo it was more like a firecracker.  I was hoping that Crytek would have something big to show that would blow this all up, but they didn't.

Well here is to the hopes that this actually goes to discovery and to trial and that Crytek still have something to show that makes the GLA mean something different than what it "naturally" means.

Motto

« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »
So, comprehensive reading wasn't your thing? Like, at all?

Wipeout

« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
So, comprehensive reading wasn't your thing? Like, at all?

yes I did read it comprehensively, and I left disappointed.  Just because I didn't get the same thing out of it as you does not mean I didn't do a comprehensive reading.

Motto

« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »
If you only read a firecracker, you may need some glasses. The only thing that you can get from the response is that CIG is completely, utterly and totally fucked. Any other conclusion only means that you haven't read it correctly.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #500 on: January 19, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
Well I read it and feel disappointed, it wasn't any kind of "nuclear" bomb that Derek alluded predicting, imo it was more like a firecracker. 

Yeah, you're just kidding, right?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Wipeout

« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
If you only read a firecracker, you may need some glasses. The only thing that you can get from the response is that CIG is completely, utterly and totally fucked. Any other conclusion only means that you haven't read it correctly.

I disagree, and there is nothing there that puts it as CIG being totally F'd, imo.  I know you guys will disagree because you guys seem to latch onto anything and everything that might be negative and then over exaggerate it.   I have no love for this project and only got into this whole thing to see the drama unfold, and I want to see Crytek win this, but I don't go for the automatic exaggerations of anything negative that you guys seem to do, I try to keep things as objective as I can.

This is all i am going to say, cause I can already see things heating up here and bordering on attacks, and I do not want to get into that kind of crap.  In fact I'm just going to leave this place, cause I am finding this place to being very toxic towards anybody that doesn't share the same exact views as others, basically an echo chamber here.

jwh1701

« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »
I just finished reading it and I was surprised at how well they responded and it was easy for me to follow.
I not sure if I'm slightly biased due to being upset with CIG, but the response was incredible.
When I got to page 28 I was shocked at the evidence presented against Freyermuth.
After reading it I only wish we had a hidden camera at the CIG meeting to hear them discuss it.

DemonInvestor

« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »
Nice arguments by Skadden - as i predicted one about RSI being covered by the GLA or CIG being in shit for infringement.
Especially naming the omission in the defense. So it should be very likely to enter court.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2018, 03:38:49 PM »
I disagree, and there is nothing there that puts it as CIG being totally F'd, imo.  I know you guys will disagree because you guys seem to latch onto anything and everything that might be negative and then over exaggerate it.   I have no love for this project and only got into this whole thing to see the drama unfold, and I want to see Crytek win this, but I don't go for the automatic exaggerations of anything negative that you guys seem to do, I try to keep things as objective as I can.

I think that's what is called a discussion. Or maybe that's just me.

This is all i am going to say, cause I can already see things heating up here and bordering on attacks, and I do not want to get into that kind of crap.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill just because people disagree with you?

In fact I'm just going to leave this place, cause I am finding this place to being very toxic towards anybody that doesn't share the same exact views as others, basically an echo chamber here.

LOL!! he really did rage quit and deleted his account. wth?
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »
I just finished reading it and I was surprised at how well they responded and it was easy for me to follow.
I not sure if I'm slightly biased due to being upset with CIG, but the response was incredible.
When I got to page 28 I was shocked at the evidence presented against Freyermuth.
After reading it I only wish we had a hidden camera at the CIG meeting to hear them discuss it.

I am just disappointed that they opted not to include the Ortwin waiver, but hinted that they would present it if needed by the court. Skadden has a strategy, so they're hanging that one over Ortwin's head for now.

jwh1701

« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2018, 04:00:19 PM »
I am just disappointed that they opted not to include the Ortwin waiver, but hinted that they would present it if needed by the court. Skadden has a strategy, so they're hanging that one over Ortwin's head for now.

They really did a good job and I believe they completely shutdown the arguments presented by CIG and the two YouTube lawyers. It was interesting they alluded to that document but are withholding it. I certainly feel confident that the lawsuit will move forward after reading the response. Look forward to your overview of it also.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #507 on: January 19, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
Well apparently Leonard French already recanted his previous flawed opinions.

French admitted has was wrong last week, I don't know why dense Star Citizen fanboys kept referring to his previous statements. He said he hadn't read the entire case, only a handful of documents on the livestream, and he could be wrong based on those facts, which he was.

https://twitter.com/UnsafestSpace/status/954463514793578496

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #508 on: January 19, 2018, 04:08:27 PM »

jwh1701

« Reply #509 on: January 19, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
Well apparently Leonard French already recanted his previous flawed opinions.

https://twitter.com/UnsafestSpace/status/954463514793578496

:lol: few raisins short of a fruitcake, and will take everything literally.

Going to take time and watch his new video,

Already crazy posts here's one missing a few raisins.

John Kim
John Kim
58 minutes ago
Crytek's arguments are all garbage, leaving out critical pieces of information to support their arguments.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk