Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592029 times)

hurrdurr

Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2018, 01:52:50 PM »
If you missed the latest big news that Star Citizen is no longer an MMO, here is my latest

http://dereksmart.com/forums/reply/6239/

Seems like they should just change the name of the game to Stanton Citizen  :laugh: Also whats the purpose of allowing sub-quantum travel between servers... just so that a player can feel like they're not changing servers/instances? :rolleyes:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #556 on: February 22, 2018, 06:33:54 AM »
Star Citizen is such a joke now. This is the latest broadcast (1.2m subs) from TheKnow. FF to @ 4:08

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

krylite

« Reply #557 on: February 25, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
Shame to hear of the System Shock remake running into this trouble. It was nice to hear a few minutes after their SC debacle reference, how they mentioned ED as one of the major KS successes.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #558 on: February 26, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
Meanwhile, over at that other hate Sub

In a thread about Star Citizen and Derek Smart on a german forum a user posted a link to an article of the german gamestar magazine from 2014. Quite remarkable is not only to read this article today, about four years later and comparing what was promised or was said to be right around the corner, and what is here today. But in particular a picture in the article that might be the perfectly condensed image of the relationship between the CIG and the big players in the gaming press in the early days in particular. The journalist of the magazine (left) literally went to bed with the Roberts brothers to get a glimpse of the newest, hottest Star Citizen software. This was and is the quality journalism in the gaming media offering its readers grounded and critical analysis of what is going on. Although as someone who teaches social science methodology including qualitative interview techniques I have to admit there might be a minor risk about losing the ability to critically reflect the positions of your informants

http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-citizen-chris-roberts-greift-nach-den-sternen,3056240,seite3.html)

RSI thread about that article: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/124159/timeline-what-chris-roberts-said-to-me-for-my-gamestar-article/p1
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:15:04 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #559 on: February 26, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
FYI. The guy on the left is Andre Peschke who did the podcast I wrote about a few days ago

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.msg7693#msg7693

jwh1701

« Reply #560 on: February 27, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »
FYI. The guy on the left is Andre Peschke who did the podcast I wrote about a few days ago

I'm shocked he is allowed in the same country as CR. I wonder if CIG is even aware of your
interview considering how CIG eats it own if they show the slightest questioning of the agenda.

StanTheMan

« Reply #561 on: February 27, 2018, 10:22:17 AM »

Definitely something fishy about him.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #562 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:28 PM »
The latest "Guard Frequency Episode 203 | When the Chips are Down" is online. The Star Citizen fun starts at 25:30.

http://guardfrequency.com/203

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2018, 04:50:33 AM »
SEC charges Theranos CEO with 'massive fraud'

You could quite literally replace Elizabeth Holmes with Chris Roberts, Theranos with CIG/RSI, and the drug with Star Citizen - and it would still work.

jwh1701

« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
SEC charges Theranos CEO with 'massive fraud'

You could quite literally replace Elizabeth Holmes with Chris Roberts, Theranos with CIG/RSI, and the drug with Star Citizen - and it would still work.

You sure could, but what a ridiculous is the smack on the wrist.

The agency said Theranos and Holmes have agreed to settle the fraud charges. Holmes agreed to pay a $500,000 penalty and relinquish control of the company. She will be barred from serving as an officer or director of any public company for 10 years.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:41:42 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
Yeah but that's on the SEC side. The on-going investigate lawsuits, as well as those that are sure to come now, will cost them big time.

jwh1701

« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2018, 11:46:00 AM »
Yeah but that's on the SEC side. The on-going investigate lawsuits, as well as those that are sure to come now, will cost them big time.

Ah OK I was thinking the adage that crime pays would surely fit here. After reading this I was ready to start my own kickstarter for a new mmo space sim since it was such a low fine for scamming 700mill. 

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #567 on: March 16, 2018, 02:48:47 PM »
What Star Citizen can learn from the Second Life players who break into houses and have sex

Ho Lee Cow! Please read. :emote-lol:

"I asked Tony Zurovec, persistent universe game director for Star Citizen, about what level of protection players would receive. “UEE space will be routinely patrolled by security forces,” he says, “and just as they would respond to violence they'll react to the illegal extraction of resources from another player's property. However, security forces are limited, so unless a player is able to communicate such an infringement upon their rights to the authorities the odds of the transgressor being caught are remote."

Flashwit

« Reply #568 on: March 17, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
Well I'm sure that's irrelevant anyway. It's all just elaborate theorycrafting at this point, even from the developers.

jwh1701

« Reply #569 on: March 17, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »
What Star Citizen can learn from the Second Life players who break into houses and have sex

Ho Lee Cow! Please read. :emote-lol:

That is really crazy I have never researched it as I'm not big games like that. The article is great as it really exposes the fallacy of buying jpegs, land beacons before the dev as even produced a functioning game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk