Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592021 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #675 on: June 02, 2018, 06:05:32 AM »
That thread will get banned soon :)

Motto

« Reply #676 on: June 02, 2018, 06:11:28 AM »
I wonder. More and more white knight cultists are crossing over to the Dark Side. Or at least moving there in a slow pace. CIG made the pack because some backers asked for it is a hard sell even for those White Knight Cultist Fanbois

N0mad

« Reply #677 on: June 02, 2018, 06:50:25 AM »
I'd say at this point CIG don't care.

I suspect they haven't been attracting new people for a while now and pissing off the minor backers doesn't matter because they can't refund and probably weren't likely to invest more anyway. Everything they're doing seems to be aimed at the hardcore Whales who will ignore the criticism and keep buying every shiny new expensive Jpeg CIG can produce.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #678 on: June 02, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »
Even on the formal Reddit your latest Tweets are discussed  :magical:

I take that as a sign that the universe is about to collapse?

Just wait for what comes next. I'm not sure how they would handle it. It's coming.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #679 on: June 02, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
Stickied comment: The person tweeting in these screenshots is completely and utterly banned, not just from here, but from Reddit as a whole. Posting his tweets is a way for him to subvert this ban. Whether or not OP knew this doesn't matter, and this thread is being removed.

I just replied to that with: Oh, so no meaningful discussion about actual concerns?

Probably will expedite the removal of the thread. Which is kinda too bad, considering captaindata1701 posted this:

All one has to do is look at the many issues rationally to see the problems.

Most open development - Change the TOS 6 times and goes back on promise to show where the money went.
    17 Companies most are just shell companies
    Instead of staying with main studio moves to at great expense LA.
    Tons of nepotism, friends, wife, etc
    2mill of backer funds tossed in the trash over the engine
    Who know's how much backer money was tossed in the trash over the Illfonic disaster.
    Insane cost of hiring top actors when the base game is no even remotely close the 6 mill kickstarter goals.
    No developer ever has wasted more time making videos that say a lot but add up to nothing, every video is a monument to the ongoing waste of backer funds.
    Flat out lied about the early development of SC all demos they were created by crytek.
    They are talking about adding water soon, devs did not even know that the ships were underwater for the first year due to how the engine handles water.
    They have changed how you buy ships to keep the cash coming in.
    How many videos in end ship sales?
    Spend 25k to get some free ships
    Spend 1k so you can get a hat?

Just a few I can remember the list if you have been following the project is huge.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:47:41 AM by Motto »

Scruffpuff

« Reply #680 on: June 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM »
Stickied comment: The person tweeting in these screenshots is completely and utterly banned, not just from here, but from Reddit as a whole. Posting his tweets is a way for him to subvert this ban. Whether or not OP knew this doesn't matter, and this thread is being removed.

I just replied to that with: Oh, so no meaningful discussion about actual concerns?

Probably will expedite the removal of the thread. Which is kinda too bad, considering captaindata1701 posted this:

All one has to do is look at the many issues rationally to see the problems.

Most open development - Change the TOS 6 times and goes back on promise to show where the money went.
    17 Companies most are just shell companies
    Instead of staying with main studio moves to at great expense LA.
    Tons of nepotism, friends, wife, etc
    2mill of backer funds tossed in the trash over the engine
    Who know's how much backer money was tossed in the trash over the Illfonic disaster.
    Insane cost of hiring top actors when the base game is no even remotely close the 6 mill kickstarter goals.
    No developer ever has wasted more time making videos that say a lot but add up to nothing, every video is a monument to the ongoing waste of backer funds.
    Flat out lied about the early development of SC all demos they were created by crytek.
    They are talking about adding water soon, devs did not even know that the ships were underwater for the first year due to how the engine handles water.
    They have changed how you buy ships to keep the cash coming in.
    How many videos in end ship sales?
    Spend 25k to get some free ships
    Spend 1k so you can get a hat?

Just a few I can remember the list if you have been following the project is huge.

I like your list here - I refer to some of those early ones when I'm trying to explain why this is a ridiculous and fraudulent project even before you start to get into the vast technological ineptitude.  I'm generally not like this, but there's something about this project where I can honestly say I will enjoy watching it burn down, and I'll enjoy the fact that the backers got taken for every penny.  Normally I'd feel bad, but this one is too obvious and the backers too toxic.  Watching it all burn will have a Joker smile on my face for months.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #681 on: June 03, 2018, 03:51:51 AM »
I like your list here - I refer to some of those early ones when I'm trying to explain why this is a ridiculous and fraudulent project even before you start to get into the vast technological ineptitude.  I'm generally not like this, but there's something about this project where I can honestly say I will enjoy watching it burn down, and I'll enjoy the fact that the backers got taken for every penny.  Normally I'd feel bad, but this one is too obvious and the backers too toxic.  Watching it all burn will have a Joker smile on my face for months.

I don't care what happens to it, and I don't have any meaningful altruistic intents in my pursuit of accountability. Those fucking clowns who have been raging an Internet war of attrition, deserve to lose their money. And I have no doubt in my mind that someone (very likely to be Chris Roberts) is going to jail over this project. It's only a matter of time now.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #682 on: June 03, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »
I don't care what happens to it, and I don't have any meaningful altruistic intents in my pursuit of accountability. Those fucking clowns who have been raging an Internet war of attrition, deserve to lose their money. And I have no doubt in my mind that someone (very likely to be Chris Roberts) is going to jail over this project. It's only a matter of time now.

Someone needs to project manage the next Star Citizen .Many Backers will be willing to bankroll another project run by someone that knows what they are doing ..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:28:30 PM by StanTheMan »

Kyrt

« Reply #683 on: June 03, 2018, 11:53:05 PM »
I am not so sure.

Companies restructure all the time and Backers just need to be told what they want to hear.   

If lots of offices close .. especially whilst other shit is going down, thats a different matter.

Last rumour I heard is that they are to close Frankfurt and one of their UK offices.
Not sure how true that is though.

Would two out of five, including one of the "big 4", count as "lots"?

Aya Reiko

« Reply #684 on: June 04, 2018, 03:16:40 AM »
Last rumour I heard is that they are to close Frankfurt and one of their UK offices.

Derek probably has a clearer picture on this, but I'm guessing it'll be about a week before all will be revealed or something.

StanTheMan

« Reply #685 on: June 04, 2018, 06:26:43 AM »

Oh yes...but wouldnt they spin it that .....Erin wants to live in Califor n i a ?

Perhaps the sympathy vote of .. for his health ...

Aya Reiko

« Reply #686 on: June 07, 2018, 01:12:15 AM »
Yong Yea obliterates Robby's little project from orbit:

Highlights:

Calls it what it is; Pay-to-Win (at the price of a new car)
Calls out CiG as motivated by greed and the game a scam.
Calls the game a tech demo, not an Alpha.

StanTheMan

« Reply #687 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:15 AM »
He isn't pulling many punches...

N0mad

« Reply #688 on: June 07, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
It seems to be a theme now, if you're a Youtuber and you criticise Star Citizen then Montoya is here to re-educate you:

jwh1701

« Reply #689 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:21 PM »
It seems to be a theme now, if you're a Youtuber and you criticise Star Citizen then Montoya is here to re-educate you:

LOL Already getting replies on his vid still defending away, he's at 169 videos totaling 7.09gb.
I really wonder if he believes what he is saying? Or could it be more sinister and hes's on the payroll and look his  audience dead in the eye and lie about it. I wonder if Montoya and others delete their channels and content when SC fails?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk