Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 592161 times)

N0mad

Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #690 on: June 07, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »
I really wonder if he believes what he is saying? Or could it be more sinister and hes's on the payroll and look his  audience dead in the eye and lie about it.

Montoya is deep inside his sunk cost fallacy. He's invested so much time, money and passion into making Star Citizen a reality he cannot step back to see what a disaster it's become.

He's clearly also an idiot.

Meowz

« Reply #691 on: June 07, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
LOL Already getting replies on his vid still defending away, he's at 169 videos totaling 7.09gb.
I really wonder if he believes what he is saying? Or could it be more sinister and hes's on the payroll and look his  audience dead in the eye and lie about it. I wonder if Montoya and others delete their channels and content when SC fails?

I doubt he's on CIG's payroll. I can guarantee he is making a profit off his org however. Either in viewer count, guild donations, and other avenues. The guy seems to have a pretty big ego, one he directly links to his status as leader of his enormous org and likes to be the center of their attention. Idk if TEST is on other games, but it seems SC is a big chunk and he obviously likes the attention and celebrity status. Without SC he might get a good dose of reality realizing is probably not a big shot in "the real world". I know a ton of guild leaders just like him across many games.

Greggy_D

« Reply #692 on: June 07, 2018, 04:01:11 PM »
He lies, deflects, brings on false equivalencies about everything.  And when confronted with facts he automatically triggers with an ad hominem.

He's simply an awful human being.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #693 on: June 07, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
He isn't pulling many punches...

Let's see how long before Shitizens descend on him.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #694 on: June 07, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »
LOL Already getting replies on his vid still defending away, he's at 169 videos totaling 7.09gb.
I really wonder if he believes what he is saying? Or could it be more sinister and hes's on the payroll and look his  audience dead in the eye and lie about it. I wonder if Montoya and others delete their channels and content when SC fails?

Looks like he's going to be responding to all these top streamers shitting on Star Citizen. He did a similar rebuke video after SidAlpha did his last week.

So pathetic.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #695 on: June 07, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »
He lies, deflects, brings on false equivalencies about everything.  And when confronted with facts he automatically triggers with an ad hominem.

He's simply an awful human being.

Yes, all of that - and more. These are the guys I am going to be completely ripping to shreds in the coming months. Just wait. Two Weeks.

Resin

« Reply #696 on: June 08, 2018, 03:28:20 AM »
Yes, all of that - and more. These are the guys I am going to be completely ripping to shreds in the coming months. Just wait. Two Weeks.
One week?;)

N0mad

« Reply #697 on: June 08, 2018, 03:48:09 AM »
What did your lawyers say about your blog post?

Resin

« Reply #698 on: June 08, 2018, 04:23:19 AM »
BTW where is that Montoya from? I have understood he is from US but he has some foreign accent.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #699 on: June 08, 2018, 05:32:13 AM »
BTW where is that Montoya from? I have understood he is from US but he has some foreign accent.

South Africa

BigM

« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2018, 05:56:40 AM »
You have done a great job, Derek exposing these pathetic people. Being a gamer, you have taught me a lot of how things work behind the Developers doors.

I believe once all this crashes crowdfunding will die unless we have some type of laws (even though I don't trust any Government to help, they tend to make things more complicated) enacted to protect the gamers. If not, what Roberts has done could kill the gaming development and really hurt us gamers wanting better and exciting games.

N0mad

« Reply #701 on: June 10, 2018, 02:26:14 AM »
The PC Gamer show at E3 on Monday should be one to watch for Star Citizen, bit more detail here:

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/9/17409476/pc-gaming-show-press-conference-e3-2018

Streaming on June 11 @ 3 pm PT (6 pm ET / 11 pm BST / 8 am AEST):

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/pcgamer/live
https://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer

Ironically, both CIG AND Crytek will be at the event - should be interesting !

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #702 on: June 11, 2018, 05:40:51 AM »
Ironically, both CIG AND Crytek will be at the event - should be interesting !
Wait, aren't only entertainment industry professionals allowed attendance at E3? Since when is common folk and amateurs allowed on the venue?

N0mad

« Reply #703 on: June 11, 2018, 05:46:55 AM »
Someone needs to tell PC Gamer not the mention the LAW

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk