Author Topic: Star Citizen Media Musings  (Read 581875 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen Media Musings
« Reply #735 on: July 07, 2018, 04:01:21 AM »

LOL on the comments and looks like you get to have fun again there.

Yeah, it's Sat morning and I woke up to several post notifications. So I'm sitting on the beach with my iPad, laughing my ass off. Those guys will never - ever - learn.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Great response back to Montoya

Update:

Sid's the video has a lot of responses already lot of good responses:

Zorrent12
Zorrent12
16 minutes ago
It just seems like Montoya's trying to argue that Cloud Imperium isn't greedy by giving a more extreme example of greed. Hell, the issue with the epipen thing isn't so much the greed as the callousness. Sure, the latter is exploiting a need certain individuals have to survive, but they're both driven by an intense, selfish desire for wealth.

Kierogonal
17 minutes ago
You say that a publisher would be keeping stretch goals realistic and hold the dev's feet to the fire. In this case as there is no publisher, it should be the customers doing it. The playerbase should be demanding results. Voting with their wallets, putting public pressure in forums and beneath articles. However far too many within the playerbase are rabidly loyal to CGI and seem to let more and more past them. You are right there is no real pressure on CGI to get stuff done, they've stumbled onto a magical formula which is printing money for them, why would they end it.

RageOfBlades
34 minutes ago
By the time Star Citizen is ready for prime time other publishers can make the same game.  Warframe already added ship vs ship combat, boarding party, and team co-op ship management so the only difference between Star Citizen and Warframe is one is fully released at a better price.

SC Rules
SC Rules
2 hours ago (edited)
I have no issue with missed dates even if they are by 4 years or more. To build the greatest game ever created on an engine not designed for MMO or space sim it will take some time. For almost a year the devs did not know the space ships were underwater due to how the engine handles it. But thankfully they figure that out and worked hard to fix that issue. When you making an fps more lethal than COD then slipping by 4 years is not an issue. I will say that the fact ramps, doors do not work after 7 years of development is a sore spot for me.

It's OK to be honest about how many are working on ships and it is way more than 40. I'm not sure why Montoya always says otherwise. SC brothers should not be ashamed that so much is dedicated on ships. Ships provide hours on screenshot content and that's what important.
I just wish Montoya and others would be upfront about it as it hurts the image of all of the SC brotherhood.

Watch the videos below to see how many are working on ships.

I'm also confused why Montoya says they need money, Chris has stated he can finish both games and he has private funding.  Chris stated he could have all his income cutoff and would have no issue finishing the game.

One thing I just saw is Chris issued himself 850,000 shares for pennies on the dollar including his brother and lawyer friend. I'm hoping we can so purchase shares in CIG and they can use those shares to attracted top talent. Nothing would be better than to purchase stock options while playing the greatest game ever made.

Montoya is under the assumption they need more money because they have only finished 18% of the game in seven years. But Chris is an excellent manager and can easily finish the game with little to no additional money.

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/

Chris is fully prepaid to keep funding if they did run out. I'm sure hiring top AAA actors for mocapping was expensive. But by funding so much Chris was able to relive his Hollywood dream again.

Squadron 42 would fund Star Citizen if cash ran out
https://www.pcinvasion.com/squadron-42-fund-star-citizen-cash/

CIG finished v2 procedural generation in 2016 and its way ahead of any other game developer in the world. Look how well they were doing procedural generation in 2016.  CIG has no issues with proc-gen look at the awesome planets are already in the game.

Star Citizen: Procedural Planets v2 (Official)

Chris just made a smart decision to bring IFCS in house. Many have complained over the years about flight issues. Now that Chris brought that in house it will be the best flight model the world has ever seen. When Chris outsourced Sq42 ans was unable to manage Illfonic properly it was a complete disaster and a huge loss of time and backer funds.

The 27k package is really 28k as you have to spend 1k to see this awesome package.
But just look at the free gifts Chris gives you if invest with him. For only investing 2500 in SC you can get the Grand Admiral Title.

$1k, High Admiral title
    Early access to buying event tickets and sale items (including concierge only events/sales)
    Priority customer service
   Concierge subform/chat
    In-game tophat, monocle, whiskey, and gold skinned energy pistol
$2.5k, Grand Admiral title
    Gold skinned Arrowhead sniper rifle
$5k, Space Marshal/Lt. Commander title
    Gold skinned RSI Venture spacesuit
$10k, Wing Commander title
    LTI F8C Lightning
$15k, Completionist title
$25k, Legatus Navium (no title)
    Gold skinned LTI F8C Lightning
    Sharkmouth edition Havock scattergun

Also Chris did toss 2million of backers funds in the trash on the Cryengine but it was a smart move. This also has caused a delay have to move everything over to LY. I'm sure the lawsuit is costing backers a lot of money but Chris I'm sure will manage this as well. Hindsight he should have worked to properly end the contract but bold moves had to be made to bring the greatest game ever made to life.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:04:01 AM by jwh1701 »

jwh1701

« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
Montoya says we have star citizen derangement syndrome and its spreading.
I would say that ftr did not need to use profanity, SC is an easy enough target.

krylite

« Reply #738 on: July 11, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
Montoya says we have star citizen derangement syndrome and its spreading.
I would say that ftr did not need to use profanity, SC is an easy enough target.

lol, good to see Montoya knows FTR has flipped posts about SC too. FTR even has a new ED video where he all but admits to having had fun with Beyond this past year while still whiny wailing and mouthing off to ED dev and players just because he got caught in the latest round of nerfs, probably because he rage-quit ED at least over a year ago. (
, it was mod banned initially by yt forcing him to re-edit it, lol ) His last video on ED which was sometime last year all but disses it compared to SC where in an even earlier video, he was certain SC was on track to "win" out over ED, lol.  He also always cusses in his videos, his content is bs (grossly inaccurate about ED as always) and the idiot twat thinks no one can see or remember all the hypocritical entitled shit he's mouthed over the past about ED (and now SC because he has really no other useful or informed content). I hope his useless trashtalk channel truly dies someday.

btw, interesting post on SidMead's video. yep, doesn't make sense why they need more backing unless they had already wasted most of that 189 million due to mistakes or self-enrichment greed. A responsible financially audited company would have outed and closed the project as a mismanaged waste of grievous mistakes and incompetent management early on, but of course the whole CIG-arrets organization has grown to be an amazing ponzi that needs to be put in the coffin where it belongs sooner.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:24:29 PM by krylite »

jwh1701

« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2018, 03:07:59 PM »
lol, good to see Montoya knows FTR has flipped posts about SC too. FTR even has a new ED video where he all but admits to having had fun with Beyond this past year while still whiny wailing and mouthing off to ED dev and players just because he got  , it was mod banned initially by yt forcing him to re-edit it, lol ) His last video on ED which was sometime last year all but disses it compared to SC where in an even earlier video, he was certain SC was on track to "win" out over ED, lol.  He also always cusses in his videos, his content is bs (grossly inaccurate about ED as always) and the idiot twat thinks no one can see or remember all the hypocritical entitled shit he's mouthed over the past about ED (and now SC because he has really no other useful or informed content). I hope his useless trashtalk channel truly dies someday.

btw, interesting post on SidMead's video. yep, doesn't make sense why they need more backing unless they had already wasted most of that 189 million due to mistakes or self-enrichment greed. A responsible financially audited company would have outed and closed the project as a mismanaged waste of grievous mistakes and incompetent management early on, but of course the whole CIG-arrets organization has grown to be an amazing ponzi that needs to be put in the coffin where it belongs sooner.

Great back story on FTR as I had not seen him popup in recommendations but I usually search for SC new vids. Just seeing him and how he speaks I would agree your assessment is spot on. I like sid's videos and how he presents his ideas from what I have watched.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2018, 03:16:37 PM »
Great back story on FTR as I had not seen him popup in recommendations but I usually search for SC new vids. Just seeing him and how he speaks I would agree your assessment is spot on. I like sid's videos and how he presents his ideas from what I have watched.

I don't care, let them eat each other. We're just here for the lols :emot-lol:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »
I don't care, let them eat each other. We're just here for the lols :emot-lol:

Star citizen just keeps on giving, plus all the fun trolling.

jwh1701

« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2018, 04:48:26 PM »
Good or Bad Taste? Considering the state of the game, but it went over well with backers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8y0ldb/ulfcig_tweeted_this_i_thought_it_was_worth/

krylite

« Reply #743 on: July 12, 2018, 12:28:49 AM »

There's even more disingenuous things about his ED video. I noted that in the video (which was initially changed from some obscenity which was mod banned by yt to now just the rotating station showing off his ships)  he has a cutter in chrome paint and even bought the ship kit for it. The chrome paintjob was only for a limited time in the Frontier store last holiday season even though you could order it then without attaining the cutter ship yet. So he had been playing ED at least since last December. So his nonsense about complaining about an "elite" segment causing the recent mission payout nerf is again whining bs since he himself already has a cutter considered an "endgame" or top tier asset ship already. So much for his bs about ED going to fail to SC in his videos way back a year or more ago.

Good or Bad Taste? Considering the state of the game, but it went over well with backers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8y0ldb/ulfcig_tweeted_this_i_thought_it_was_worth/

They may have lucked out trying to look clever to their backers supposedly standing in those awkward stances possibly relating to the plausible element of a lower gravity sci-fi environment. ED would still have the advantage however if it ever gets spacelegs, as the game already simulates different gravities on billions of different planetoids with their cobra engine, while SC is still buggy stuck on their crylevels.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:38:58 AM by krylite »

Aya Reiko

« Reply #744 on: July 12, 2018, 01:07:49 AM »
FTR flipped because momentum had clearly shifted against CiG and SC with only paid shills and cultists defending it anymore while everyone else (who still cares) regard it as a joke, at best, or a scam, at worst.

He's only jumping on the bandwagon to protect his own ass (i.e. views) and nothing more.

Resin

« Reply #745 on: July 12, 2018, 02:01:10 AM »
FTR flipped because momentum had clearly shifted against CiG and SC with only paid shills and cultists defending it anymore while everyone else (who still cares) regard it as a joke, at best, or a scam, at worst.

He's only jumping on the bandwagon to protect his own ass (i.e. views) and nothing more.

Who cares? I don’t. I’m in only for the lols his content provides. Can’t wait for Montoya’s response, I got my popcorns ready.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2018, 06:46:27 AM »

Who cares? I don’t. I’m in only for the lols his content provides. Can’t wait for Montoya’s response, I got my popcorns ready.

Yup, same here.

Oh, his rebuttal to Montoya is up.

Meanwhile, over at TEST

https://testsquadron.com/threads/sidalpha-responds-to-montoya.13789/#post-261073

jwh1701

« Reply #747 on: July 12, 2018, 07:33:24 AM »
Yup, same here.

Oh, his rebuttal to Montoya is up.

Meanwhile, over at TEST

https://testsquadron.com/threads/sidalpha-responds-to-montoya.13789/#post-261073

LOL, its so funny Montoya calling him the ultimate fanboy when he's in complete denial about SC.

Meowz

« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2018, 07:46:32 AM »
Montoya: "That was my attitude too until people started accusing me of being on the CIG payroll for being neutral! "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha hahaha... hahaha      ...ha.... *breaths. wipes tear away*

*looks at it again, giggles* HAHAHAHAHAH!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2018, 07:47:33 AM »
I know. He's not even hiding it anymore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk