Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1314351 times)

Motto

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1305 on: October 10, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
Yeah, I just updated the link with a Goon copy of it.

You should update the blog as well. Or is the copy gone as well now?

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1306 on: October 10, 2017, 08:53:06 PM »
We have a converted version which I've just updated the article with. They're so pissed about these unflattering videos, they're busy filing bogus DMCA take-downs. It's all so hilarious. :cripes:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1307 on: October 10, 2017, 11:07:23 PM »
Put it up on one of the other video websites online (vimeo?). Hey, with all that art work and a community that seems to be enthralled with the idea of creating lore or scenarios around this non existent game I had a great idea

Make Star Citizen the card based game. You could have a Spacemaster who narrates, make it just like D+D. The Cultists will eat it up.

Shit idea, that's why it could happen but I don't think they have time enough to do anything. The end is near, this 3..0 patch sealed their fate. If it peels of 10-20% of the cultists they are finished.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1308 on: October 11, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »
They filed a take down on the Vimeo version as well. So I just made a GIF and embedded it. Fuck them.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1309 on: October 11, 2017, 07:14:56 AM »
And if you hosted it on your own forum? Would they threaten you with legal action?

Oh, they're attacking you for promising them a video of you actually playing 3.0. Is that coming?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:35:39 AM by Motto »

Motto

« Reply #1310 on: October 11, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
This is supposedly a 3.0 capture

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1311 on: October 11, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
This is supposedly a 3.0 capture

Why is there out-of-focus texture floating at the bottom of the screen?

N0mad

« Reply #1312 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »

I think that's the helmet. It's there for immersion. Together with the need to load all your all cargo by hand (when it's implemented).

I can't wait it will be almost as tedious as doing all these things in real life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:51:10 AM by N0mad »

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1313 on: October 11, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
I think that's the helmet. It's their for immersion.
What does a 1842 diving helmet inside a 2942 space game?

Together with the need to load all your all cargo by hand (when it's implemented).
Great!

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1314 on: October 11, 2017, 10:42:51 AM »
And if you hosted it on your own forum? Would they threaten you with legal action?

They could try. They would fail. Then I'd know who they are. And we'll end up in space court, in which I will drag CIG. They're not dumb enough to pull that stunt with me.

Oh, they're attacking you for promising them a video of you actually playing 3.0. Is that coming?

That was before we realized that they had implemented a watermark.

Plus, it would be a violation of the NDA (which is in fact legally enforceable btw). Then CIG could use that to identify the person with the shared account that I have access to. If it were my Evocati account, I wouldn't care because everyone knows that there's nothing I welcome more than to end up in court with them so that I can blow the lid on everything. But that would also burn the account.

Regardless of the fact that I have no reason to believe that they would dare do anything dumb enough for them to end up in a legal situation with me, the person with the account doesn't want to burn their account. Especially since playing the game requires a lot of post-processing to remove the watermark everywhere. Nobody has time for that, other than in short clips like the ones we've seen cropping up.

It's always hilarious to me that they get all their important information through me, and not the half-wit they gave $160M to.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1315 on: October 11, 2017, 10:45:05 AM »

It's the helmet (with a DOF pass). Seriously, they thought this was a good idea. Because immersion.

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1316 on: October 11, 2017, 11:03:32 AM »
It's the helmet (with a DOF pass). Seriously, they thought this was a good idea. Because immersion.
Yes, I always wanted to view my game world through a small window (which is my monitor) and then have that window even more reduced by a floating texture.

For a truly 1990 12-14 inch CRT Wing Commander experience!

Motto

« Reply #1317 on: October 12, 2017, 04:03:12 AM »
But once you do, you'll get this beautiful vista:

Now doesn't look Delamar lovely this time of year?

N0mad

« Reply #1318 on: October 12, 2017, 04:38:59 AM »
Wow, makes me want to go back and play No Man's Sky

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1319 on: October 12, 2017, 07:40:12 AM »
But once you do, you'll get this beautiful vista:

Now doesn't look Delamar lovely this time of year?

That's been photoshopped btw. And it's an in-editor shot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk