Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1365525 times)

Flashwit

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1785 on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »
Well, the latest ATV is up - and boy does Brian Chambers sound bored. So this was basically 40 minutes about art work and cinematics (with 5 minutes at the beginning talking about AI refractoring)... so not actually any discussion about gameplay (or showing actual gameplay). Which, for any other game would be a criticism, but for Star Citizen they're just playing to the fans:
That's just the first 4 comments at the top of the reddit so far.

These guys deserve to get a game where the only gameplay involves walking around taking pictures of the high visual fidelity.

Yes, pipelines, let's get some more pipelines! All we ever hear about from commandos is that the 'baseline' is now in the game and 'things will go much faster now' because they have 'pipelines' in place.
They could just make the game about watching stuff move through pipelines since that's apparently very satisfying.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1786 on: February 05, 2018, 04:51:38 AM »
LOL!!!

This certificated is installed with Star Citizen. It has nothing to do with the game - at all.

It's registered to: https://www.whois.com/whois/starcitizen.com

Which leads to:

https://www.facebook.com/StarCitizen-963887816977205/

https://www.facebook.com/people/StarCitizen-Corp/100009242816721

Apparently this cert is used internally for their corp intranet. But somehow it ended up in the game's distribution files; specifically the installer package.

Regardless, they have a domain they do NOT own, in a corp intranet ROOT cert.

Ponder the implications.

Barely a week ago when the new website was unveiled, backers noticed that their password and login credentials were transmitted in PLAINTEXT in the browser URL.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:42:55 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1787 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »
LOL!! Star Citizen fans are so adorable. They reported my account for Tweeting a security related issue.

They do this from time to time btw, in a sad and pitiful attempt to get my account suspended. They've been at it for YEARS now.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

jwh1701

« Reply #1788 on: February 05, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
LOL!! Star Citizen fans are so adorable. They reported my account for Tweeting a security related issue.

:lol: That is very pathetic, I think everyone will deal with this sometime or later. I have already had two false strikes on youtube, just about everything that has been setup on social media is ripe for abuse. It seems there is none to little ramifications on the party making false accusations.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1789 on: February 05, 2018, 03:02:54 PM »
Yeah.

Also, back in 2015, they also mass reported my Twitch channel, causing me to be knocked off the hair for several hours.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1790 on: February 05, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
LOL!!!

This certificated is installed with Star Citizen. It has nothing to do with the game - at all.

It's registered to: https://www.whois.com/whois/starcitizen.com

Which leads to:

https://www.facebook.com/StarCitizen-963887816977205/

https://www.facebook.com/people/StarCitizen-Corp/100009242816721

Apparently this cert is used internally for their corp intranet. But somehow it ended up in the game's distribution files; specifically the installer package.

Regardless, they have a domain they do NOT own, in a corp intranet ROOT cert.

Ponder the implications.

Barely a week ago when the new website was unveiled, backers noticed that their password and login credentials were transmitted in PLAINTEXT in the browser URL.

Just found out that someone actually reported the cert back on Jan 3rd. Since CIG tends to ignore bug reports, they released 3.0.1 patch days ago without fixing the cert issue.

David-2

« Reply #1791 on: February 05, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
... they released 3.0.1 patch days ago without fixing the cert issue.

That's because they only just finished the delta patcher.  The delta unpatcher isn't on the schedule for another quarter or two.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1792 on: February 11, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
Just putting this here for completeness. There is still no public schedule for SQ42, despite croberts saying it would be made available in Dec 2017.

Reverse The Verse - Jan 28th 2018

@41:48

Chris Roberts:
There's THOUSANDS of tasks and the information is OVERWHELMING.

So we sort of show the very HIGH LEVEL, ah, you know, what we would call an EPIC, ah, or in some cases sort of a SAGA which is overwhelming... over... quite a few EPICS... I know they... always thought of it... EPICS, SAGAS, STORIES... TASKS!

Ah, but... um... ah, so... so... so... so... so... so we... we... we ex... we EXPOSE those and we mark which ones are public facing, ah we WANTED to get the ROADMAP in people's hands which is why we went LIVE with it here... but they still have, ah... ORGANISATION work to do because they gotta take the way JIRA was set up BEFORE, some of it's been done, not all of it's been done, so they have to change it around because the... they gotta organise under the right EPICS and everything

So in the case where they don't feel COMFORTABLE that they don't have it organised properly and it's DUPICATE TASKS cos you know sometimes there were tasks set up from BEFORE but now we're setting it up on this new one, so in those cases they just choose not to show that epic publically until they have it... ah... in SHAPE, ah, so you'll see that ROADMAP, ehm... we'll get more THINGS added to it... ah, of course things also will... MOVE AROUND a little bit as... maybe a bit more information comes to light or how it's going

But that's the BEAUTY of it, it's gonna be A HUNDRED PERCENT LIVE reflection of the tool that we use to manage all the teams and we're using exactly the same process on Squadron 42 which is gonna get me to the end... to... the ANSWER... the original question which is, 'are you gonna get there to a roadmap like that', and... YES... ha! And YES, we... we will... ah... eh... we will... ah, if you look on the side there's a Star Citizen logo, there will be a Squadron 42 logo... you'll get the ROADMAP

So once we have the Squadron 42... ah... TASKS and EPICS all cleaned up and ready to go... we uh... then we'll also TURN THAT ON and share it

It may not be done on a QUARTERLY it may be done on a MONTHLY I'm not quite SURE

We're still discussing, ah, um, kind of a COLUMN FORMAT for it, ah... but it will, again, SCRUB LIVE from all the... the TASKS that we have, ah, and EPICS and SAGAS that we have entered, ahm, for finishing out Squadron 42

David-2

« Reply #1793 on: February 11, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »
Chris Roberts:
So we sort of show the very HIGH LEVEL, ah, you know, what we would call an EPIC, ah, or in some cases sort of a SAGA which is overwhelming... over... quite a few EPICS... I know they... always thought of it... EPICS, SAGAS, STORIES... TASKS!

I may be reading too much into this - I mean we know that word salad is characteristic of CRs disorganized thinking - but, gosh ... it's almost as if someone game him a list of all these words that are associated with software development - epic, story, task, refactor, jira, burn down, subsumption, 64-bit, texture, pipeline, physics grid, etc etc - and he doesn't actually understand any of it really but he's gonna go out and fake it as best he can ...

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1794 on: February 11, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »
There is NO WAY that these foolish backers havent figured out that every word coming out of his mouth after "Chris Roberts" is complete and utter bullshit. It's like a badly written and (uncharacteristically) unfunny Monty Python scetch that goes on way too long.

I still check in because eventually this farce will collapse probably with a wheeze and a whimper not a bang. I will enjoy the crying from the long time sicko backers. All the crap they trhew at other backers for asking perfectly good and reasonable questions and the way they destroyed the community was certainly their part in destroying this project but inevitably, so long as Chris Roberts and company had they meat hooks into that money there was no way this game would see the light of day as promised. Their own little Confederacy of Dunces. How could they not Fail to Fail? Roberts is a jibbering idiot yet so many gave this douchebag hundreds of millions. Amazing....

jwh1701

« Reply #1795 on: February 11, 2018, 06:41:32 PM »
Just putting this here for completeness. There is still no public schedule for SQ42, despite croberts saying it would be made available in Dec 2017.

It's so crazy to see his words written down and then try and read them. My only fear is that this new form of project management language could be infectious and I start speaking like this in meetings.  :lol:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1796 on: February 12, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
There is NO WAY that these foolish backers havent figured out that every word coming out of his mouth after "Chris Roberts" is complete and utter bullshit. It's like a badly written and (uncharacteristically) unfunny Monty Python scetch that goes on way too long.

Most have. And some of them are already over on https://reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/

nightfire

« Reply #1797 on: February 12, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

Chris Roberts:

We're still discussing, ah, um, kind of a COLUMN FORMAT for it, ah... but it will, again, SCRUB LIVE from all the... the TASKS that we have, ah, and EPICS and SAGAS that we have entered, ahm, for finishing out Squadron 42

This kills it for me. They're going to spend months talking about the definition and design of a "COLUMN FORMAT", refactoring everything and having to re-enter the entire spreadsheet several times along the way. At last, during the final "polishing" phase, Chris will decide that he wants a circular format instead.

N0mad

« Reply #1798 on: February 13, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
Wow, SC Reddit is taking a bit of a risk with this one:

Congrats to 'Kingdom Come: Deliverance' on their release! The Medieval RPG Kickstarter game Chris Roberts helped promote back in 2014.

Downvoted to the end of the thread was this beauty:

At least some companies know how to deliver on promises!

:laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1799 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
 :lol: yeah those guys are so sensitive  :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk