Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1379552 times)

StanTheMan

Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #1920 on: March 27, 2018, 06:21:45 AM »
Gorf

It only makes Chris’s Gamescom 2016 overpromising sins all the more egregious in hindsight, and suggests Roberts concocted that fictional roadmap completely without any consultation from his development team.

That is way too generous. 

Chris lied and lied and lied. 

There is absolutely no way he didnt know he couldn't deliver what he promised.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1921 on: March 27, 2018, 07:24:07 AM »
That is way too generous. 

Chris lied and lied and lied. 

There is absolutely no way he didnt know he couldn't deliver what he promised.

Hey, it's almost as if I was saying this all along, and even before the bullshit roadmap showed up back then.  :emot-colbert:
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

satoru

« Reply #1922 on: March 27, 2018, 05:58:42 PM »
Hey, it's almost as if I was saying this all along, and even before the bullshit roadmap showed up back then.  :emot-colbert:

Well I mean he's made 150 million+ with the same nonsense so far, why change your business model when its working.

They'll be siphoning out money through their shell companies as expenses, and by the time Crytek gets through with them and the project crashes and burns, there will be no 'money' left.

N0mad

« Reply #1923 on: March 28, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »
Well I mean he's made 150 million+ with the same nonsense so far, why change your business model when its working.

They'll be siphoning out money through their shell companies as expenses, and by the time Crytek gets through with them and the project crashes and burns, there will be no 'money' left.

I can't wait for the financials to be revealed during discovery, even if they aren't made public, I've no doubt that Skadden will have a team of accountants who can work out where all the money has gone - they'll want to try and extract as much of that as possible for themselves and Crytek after all.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1924 on: March 28, 2018, 05:56:05 AM »
Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0l PTU.737437 Patch Notes

:emot-lol:

First comment:

Game Over man, Game Over... I'll never be allowed to play SC anymore now... Is impossible to fight anyone at 5 FPS... The Interdiction is already a shit. And now you finish to f*** us... FIX THE PERFORMANCE before add REQUIRED COMBAT!

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

N0mad

« Reply #1925 on: March 29, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »
Just seen your tweet:

If this proves to be true, and I'd imagine that the limits would only apply on patch release day when demand spikes, then this means CIG must be really tight on cash. This should be setting off alarm bells for any backers, but most will just ignore it.

jwh1701

« Reply #1926 on: March 29, 2018, 06:18:50 PM »
Just seen your tweet:

If this proves to be true, and I'd imagine that the limits would only apply on patch release day when demand spikes, then this means CIG must be really tight on cash. This should be setting off alarm bells for any backers, but most will just ignore it.

LOL I went and found it, someone did a good job on this one, if it had been true that would have been pretty funny.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-1-0m-ptu-738258-patch-notes

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1927 on: March 29, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
LOL I went and found it, someone did a good job on this one, if it had been true that would have been pretty funny.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-1-0m-ptu-738258-patch-notes

Seems like quite a few people thought it was true, instead of just another Goon meme. Just goes to show how much of a laughing stock Star Citizen is.

N0mad

« Reply #1928 on: March 29, 2018, 09:29:35 PM »
Seems like quite a few people thought it was true, instead of just another Goon meme. Just goes to show how much of a laughing stock Star Citizen is.

Man, those goons. and it's not even April 1st yet

jwh1701

« Reply #1929 on: March 31, 2018, 08:53:54 AM »
Looking around on youtube for people doing any performance testing, ending is hilarious.
What still confuses me is he says the ships makes the game and I would agree with him the look
cool. But there is no game and when I hear this from people I just don't get it.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 08:56:46 AM by jwh1701 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1930 on: March 31, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »
Looking around on youtube for people doing any performance testing, ending is hilarious.
What still confuses me is he says the ships makes the game and I would agree with him the look
cool. But there is no game and when I hear this from people I just don't get it.

They're willing to dream. That's all there is to it. There's no game. It's just a glorified tech demo that looks good.

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #1931 on: March 31, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
I was watching that video and during the entire clip the only thing I could think was boy that astronaut must be clenching to keep it in or has a huge load in his diaper.

jwh1701

« Reply #1932 on: March 31, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »
Lot of players reporting crashes, and terrible stuttering post update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/88l5e7/the_game_is_nowhere_near_stable_enough_for/

David-2

« Reply #1933 on: March 31, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »
Lot of players reporting crashes, and terrible stuttering post update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/88l5e7/the_game_is_nowhere_near_stable_enough_for/

Those SC players are completely ungrateful!  CIG finally adds a viable game mechanic - cooldown period for a ship death with an expedite feature - and nothing but bitching about it!

helimoth

« Reply #1934 on: March 31, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
hard to believe it's something that they overlooked. i don't know if it would make that much difference but it feels like a good way to reduce server load by making it so people just cannot play.

I wonder if an 'expedite pass' is the next thing they plan on selling :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk