Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313297 times)

Ghostmaker

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »
So they rushed 2.6.2 out just so they could say they met the Mar deadline. It's broke AF. Over 150+ bugs logged so far.

Hilariously, they pushed it live 3hrs after it went to the PTU.  :supaburn:

true, but to be fair....that was just the last iteration of the PTU build. 2.6.2 went to PTU on Tuesday IIRC. Buat anyway, I agree that they pushed it out just to prove a point .... Really feel sorry for all the backers still hoping for that awesomesauce patch 3.0 that will magically fix everything...

Yes it was; and that was my point. These bugs were already known in that PTU build; but they pushed it live anyway.

"You couldn't get away with releasing a buggy game in the cartridge and cassette days; you'd be sentenced to trampling by the company brontosaurus." --Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw, during his STALKER: Clear Sky review.

I skimmed the Reddit thread, my personal favorite was 'Well, it's still in Alpha...'

Really? How long has this game been in development and in Alpha? By the holy Nolan Bushnell himself, I have Early Access games in my Steam library that are more coherent and 'complete' (even though they're still 'under development').

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
So they rushed 2.6.2 out just so they could say they met the Mar deadline. It's broke AF. Over 150+ bugs logged so far.

As I hilariously predicted from the rushed 2.6.2 patch, they've now pushed an "out of band" 2.6.3 patch to Evocati.

It's as if they rushed 2.6.2 out in time for the latest (failing) Drake ship sale. No, that couldn't possibly be it.

Patch notes

Star Citizen Patch 2.6.3
Welcome to Alpha PTU 2.6.3! This patch is primarily dedicated to bug fixes, with continued focus on stability and game performance!
During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required. Your launcher should show “2.6.3-523117” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.
Please review our current list of Patch 2.6.3 Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:
No issues to report!

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:
Crusader
Fixed another issue causing the ASOP terminals to state “All pads are full” in error.

Game Systems:
Star Marine
Fixed an issue where players who stayed in their spawn rooms at the end of round 2 should no longer see themselves die at the beginning of round 3. Fixed several collision and environmental issues found within Echo Eleven.

Technical:
Fixed a number of client crashes. Made a number of performance tweaks to Echo Eleven and OP Station Demien.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:39:35 PM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2017, 07:24:44 AM »

As I hilariously predicted from the rushed 2.6.2 patch, they've now pushed an "out of band" 2.6.3 patch to Evocati.

It's as if they rushed 2.6.2 out in time for the latest (failing) Drake ship sale. No, that couldn't possibly be it.

Patch notes

Star Citizen Patch 2.6.3
Welcome to Alpha PTU 2.6.3! This patch is primarily dedicated to bug fixes, with continued focus on stability and game performance!
During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time as required. Your launcher should show “2.6.3-523117” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.
Please review our current list of Patch 2.6.3 Known Issues, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:
No issues to report!

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:
Crusader
Fixed another issue causing the ASOP terminals to state “All pads are full” in error.

Game Systems:
Star Marine
Fixed an issue where players who stayed in their spawn rooms at the end of round 2 should no longer see themselves die at the beginning of round 3. Fixed several collision and environmental issues found within Echo Eleven.

Technical:
Fixed a number of client crashes. Made a number of performance tweaks to Echo Eleven and OP Station Demien.

Totally called it. 2.6.3 is live. Next up, 2.6.4

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »
Their obvious 2.6.3 fix to the "full launch pads" bugs, created a problem (ships spawning inside other ships) being experienced by a lot of people

Darklegend1

« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2017, 11:42:24 AM »
Their obvious 2.6.3 fix to the "full launch pads" bugs, created a problem (ships spawning inside other ships) being experienced by a lot of people

lol 2.6.3  :laugh: :laugh: . I understand cig is trying to buy as much time as possible but i cant understand why people are even bothered to download these 25 gb updates that are adding nothing new ...lol 25 gb for minor bug fixes...sue me :laugh: :laugh:

Darklegend1

« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2017, 11:45:57 AM »
and i am sure as soon as they drop whatever they are now calling 3.0 , moron whales will go mad and will start throwing money at cig as always. and plz derek find out what cig is paying boredgamer, his lies and deception are at its peak. :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2017, 04:09:41 PM »
and i am sure as soon as they drop whatever they are now calling 3.0 , moron whales will go mad and will start throwing money at cig as always. and plz derek find out what cig is paying boredgamer, his lies and deception are at its peak. :laugh:

I have no reason to believe that they will get to 3.0. At least not a version that contains what they've been promising for almost a year now.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Inspired by Trump tracker, Goons have a Star Citizen Tracker. eye-opening to wee what's missing after 146m + 6 yrs

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
6 years of lies + $146 million + 500 people. This is what backers are going to be left with before long.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2017, 06:12:59 AM »
BOOM!! Called it! And so the 3.0 "walk back" begins in ernest. By the time it's released, it will be what 2.7 should have been.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/66ux3c/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170421/

The major change this week in 3.0.0 is the delay of the network bind / unbind, which is now schedule AFTER the 3.0.0 release. Since it's a stetch goal, I think it's safe to say it probably won't be met, and therefore not included in 3.0.0. This has important implications, since it's the component responsible for improving dramatically the FPS by reducing the amount of useless data each client has to process.

Another big change is the volumetric fog, which has been delayed by 25 days. But it's still far from being a problem, since it was scheduled very early.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

I like how the oft-delayed network revision - the core of the engine - is now an imaginary "stretch goal". wat!?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:46:57 AM by dsmart »

nightfire

« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:48 AM »
I like how the oft-delayed network revision - the core of the engine - is now an imaginary "stretch goal". wat!?
My goodness. For months we've been hearing how pivotal "3.0" and the "fixed netcode" would be for the development of the game, both terms being used as standard boilerplate to counter virtually any complaint one could have about bugs or missing features in the current state. Once the netcode was fixed, poof, the game would be able to run a shit ton of instances lag free, capital ships and multi-crew would become possible, and everything else would finally come together as well.

And now, "over there" the cultists are already starting to revise history, claiming that "3.0" never was a big deal in the first place, and that the "fixed netcode" wasn't planned to be part of it yet anyway, let alone the need to "rewrite the netcode from scratch" which until recently was the common understanding.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
And now, "over there" the cultists are already starting to revise history, claiming that "3.0" never was a big deal in the first place, and that the "fixed netcode" wasn't planned to be part of it yet anyway, let alone the need to "rewrite the netcode from scratch" which until recently was the common understanding.

Yeah, it's amazing to watch those ass-clowns revise history. Just wait for what comes next. It's amazing.

StanTheMan

« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2017, 05:59:13 PM »
They still don't get that it is their MVP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk