Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313994 times)

GaryII

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2017, 11:30:37 PM »
Yeah, we called bullshit on that one right off the bat. They still can't get more than 8 clients in an instance before the server falls over.  :laugh:

Game runs bad even when its offline  - this guy did interesting tests:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/starcitizen-performance-cpu-scaling-in-hacked-offl

So basically engine just can not process all that "fidelity"...after 5 years...

6 ships in instance = 20-25 fps...

Darklegend1

« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2017, 04:09:05 AM »
Yeah, we called bullshit on that one right off the bat. They still can't get more than 8 clients in an instance before the server falls over.  :laugh:

Game runs bad even when its offline  - this guy did interesting tests:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/starcitizen-performance-cpu-scaling-in-hacked-offl

So basically engine just can not process all that "fidelity"...after 5 years...

6 ships in instance = 20-25 fps...

Lol i went through the link and i truly felt sorry for the blind fan boys.. The long promised delta patcher is also no where to be heard off and nobody even talks of it anymore now so i dont know what CIG will deliver if anything. To be honest i heard of delta patching from CIG only :vince: and never thought it was something that needed research for to be implemented but with cig its always reinventing the wheel. :laugh: :laugh:

Also does anyone knows which game has the record for most players in an instance and how much??
i recently saw wargamming new map where they are doing 30 vs 30 battle!!!! so 60 players 

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:15:59 AM by Darklegend1 »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2017, 04:21:51 AM »
Also does anyone knows which game has the record for most players in an instance and how much??
i recently saw wargamming new map where they are doing 30 vs 30 battle!!!! so 60 players

Planetside 2 holds the record.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Narrenbart

« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2017, 05:07:42 AM »
Quote from: SomeUserInTheForum
Once Star Citizen switches to Vulkan you will see an increase ...

I love this one :D Vulcan is a derivate of OpenGL. AFAIK Their current modell is DirectX (DX11).
If they change the render API they have to rework EVERY motherfuckingkiwibastard Shader / Graphic / Model because OpenGL handles them all a little bit differently.

GaryII

« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2017, 05:08:27 AM »
Lol i went through the link and i truly felt sorry for the blind fan boys..

And after looking at those results, I am even more confident that they just can not build promised game, even single player SQ42 part...because engine just can not handle those over complicated ship designs..

All backers blame netcode for bad PU performance in SC forums, but looks like even engine in offline mode can not handle all those ships...

StanTheMan

« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2017, 05:37:32 AM »
Lol i went through the link and i truly felt sorry for the blind fan boys..

And after looking at those results, I am even more confident that they just can not build promised game, even single player SQ42 part...because engine just can not handle those over complicated ship designs..

All backers blame netcode for bad PU performance in SC forums, but looks like even engine in offline mode can not handle all those ships...

Is there a T-shirt out there with

"It's only Alpha!" on it ?

Get some designed I would buy and wear one...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
Quote from: SomeUserInTheForum
Once Star Citizen switches to Vulkan you will see an increase ...

I love this one :D Vulcan is a derivate of OpenGL. AFAIK Their current modell is DirectX (DX11).
If they change the render API they have to rework EVERY motherfuckingkiwibastard Shader / Graphic / Model because OpenGL handles them all a little bit differently.

Well, we can write that one off because LumberYard doesn't currently have any plans for Vulcan support.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »

That's correct. The "fidelity" factor is what they used to gain all this interest, support, money. They completely forgot that the engine they were using to build the game, wouldn't even be able to support it.

This is probably why they are coming out with moons and planetoids in 3.0, instead of the procgen planets they promised and showed back in 2016.

But 3.0 is on the way. The Evocati "aim" date, as per last week's schedule update, is 06-21-17 to 07-05-17. We know that's probably not going to happen. And when it eventually drops, we'll see what the performance is like.

mixalot

« Reply #338 on: June 21, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »
I think they'll keep releasing patches and new versions of the game, but they won't be anywhere near what was promised. Half of the features that they promise for each patch (to generate hype and get more money) won't be in the patches and will instead be pushed back/delayed by years. Eventually CIG won't be able to keep up with the promises-to-backlog ratio and it will all collapse.

It's only a matter of time before the most hardcore backers start to see what's going on. The general gaming community already has enough sense to stay away from this project until the game has been proven to be viable.

StanTheMan

« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2017, 08:00:29 AM »
I think they'll keep releasing patches and new versions of the game, but they won't be anywhere near what was promised. Half of the features that they promise for each patch (to generate hype and get more money) won't be in the patches and will instead be pushed back/delayed by years. Eventually CIG won't be able to keep up with the promises-to-backlog ratio and it will all collapse.

It's only a matter of time before the most hardcore backers start to see what's going on. The general gaming community already has enough sense to stay away from this project until the game has been proven to be viable.

When opinion turns against you it turns against you big time.

The mainstream press are sitting back waiting for something to swing the pendulum one way or another and they are already couching their bets so as to not lose face.

if 3.0 is poorly received and lacking any real progress I doubt they will be too kind unless backers are flooding the servers and singing its praises.   Which doesn't seem likely to happen.  Add another annual sale season  into the mix with a poorly received 3.0 and the time could be run down pretty quickly.   

There wont be more patches beyond stuff designed to keep the ship from going down as quickly as at otherwise would.

As people have said ... no White Knight is going to be on the horizon for SC with all the presales and engineering debt.

What will be interesting is whether or not CIG delay 3.0 until AFTER the annual big sales (or some version of that with a 3.1-4.0 etc offered as coming very soon to fix the short comings of a earlier than then paired down 3.0 release)

That has worked before and it could work again ....

CIG claim technical/ staff issues that prevented 3.0 being what they wanted and suggest the fixes are imminent.  They get  another stack of cash in ShitizenCon etc and off we go for another 12 months...albeit with more refunds and complaints.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:25:09 AM by StanTheMan »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »
CIG decided to start scheduled 06/23 concept sale ($45!) today. No doubt in response to my earlier tweets about tomorrow's 3.0 schedule.

Narrenbart

« Reply #342 on: June 22, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »
CIG decided to start scheduled 06/23 concept sale ($45!) today. No doubt in response to my earlier tweets about tomorrow's 3.0 schedule.
Small ugly racer after they dropped the CCU stuff ... guess this will be another 50k like fathers day .... and many hours more engineering debt

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2017, 05:13:41 PM »
Yeah. Apparently it's a "finished" model. Though there's nothing to do with it. My guess is they are trying to sell it as part of the 3.0 hype for moon racing.  :laugh:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2017, 06:02:27 PM »
So in today's AtV where they were flogging the latest concept ship/bike, they also had a segment (FF to 26:46) about SolEd. Their solar system editor.

It's hilarious that they are showing a tool - outside of the CryEditor that's basically barebones for entity placement. So they've moved away from the procedural worlds now and shown that they have to build the entire game world - by hand. In an editor. Q.E.D.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk