Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1315477 times)

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2017, 04:33:46 AM »
#neverforget that all of this was pure and utter nonsense, and lies.

- Chris Roberts, 10 for the chairman E62. 08/03/2015

ps: Start at 07:52

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:03:47 AM by dsmart »
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #361 on: July 05, 2017, 04:45:14 AM »
Arena Commander + Star Marine: where is everybody?

Everyone's gone to the Rapture because they're still waiting for the 3.0 Jesus Patch.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Mehlan

« Reply #362 on: July 05, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
  Notice the Sq42 '2016', changed last minute EoY 2016 to '2017'  is now, supposedly going to get a 'schedule' "sooner or later".

This after claiming it was 'greybox or better' and that all 'assets' for SQ42 would be 'complete by the end of 2016'...

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2017, 01:22:22 PM »
Pure and utter bollocks. All of it.

Ghostmaker

« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »
You have to wonder what happens after this.

I mean, there's a limited number of outcomes here:

1) Everything releases and it's glorious, a game that sets the standard for the next ten years. (probability:  :smuggo: Can't go below zero percent, man)
2) SC releases, but the associated other component games -- Star Marine, SQ42 -- are delayed. (probability: Extremely doubtful. Don't bet the rent money)
3) MVP release of all components. Somehow holds together. (probability: Possible, but unlikely as hell)
4) MVP release of SC only, SQ42 and SM are vaporware. (probability: Better than #3, and in my opinion, best possible scenario at this point for CR.)
5) Total collapse, a la so many other big dreams. (probability: #crocodiledundee. 'Better than average'.)
6) Total collapse and legal actions filed. (probability: less than #5 but still in the cards)

If SC releases per outcomes 1 or 2, the only real losers are the folks who've been hammering the game verbally. I expect we'll all eat a big plate of crow, with ketchup. However, I just don't see that happening.

The other outcomes are varying levels of suck for CR and CIG, regardless. Releasing a game in a state closer to, say, Big Rigs: Over The Mountain Racing than Fallout 4 is not going to do their bottom line a lick of good. And you have to have income to fund continuing development, patches, DLC, etc. So outcomes 3 and 4 are, to quote Darkest Dungeon, 'the slow death, unforeseen, unforgiving'.

Outcomes 5 and 6 should end CR's career. It would be an implosion that should make the Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever debacles look tame in comparison. Any studio that hired him or his buddies on should have their heads checked for injuries.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #366 on: July 07, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »
Yup, as I wrote in my AtV analysis, they're recycling shit again.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #367 on: July 07, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »

Flashwit

« Reply #368 on: July 07, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
Something I also find super weird is CIGs continuing trumpeting of their mission giver. Like, it's a person that you talk to that gives you quests. This sort of thing has been around for decades. Yet they seem really excited that they're going to have a whole TWO (???) of them in 3.0. It's bizarre.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #369 on: July 07, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »
07/07 schedule is out. Everything pushed from 08/10 to 08/25 (just in time for GamesCom). Analysis coming later.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/883484558620073984

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/883474691889016832

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #370 on: July 07, 2017, 06:44:39 PM »
LOL!! No way this is released on by Aug 25th.  :bahgawd:

07/07/17 Schedule Report

06/30/17 - 07/07/17 Diff

COMPLETED

SURFACE OUTPOSTS LIGHTING
ITEM 2.0 SHIP CONVERSION – PART 2 (Feature Complete. Bug fixing in progress.)
DOORS & AIRLOCKS (Feature Complete for 3.0.0. Bugfixing in progress.*)
HINT SYSTEM (Feature Complete for 3.0.0. Bugfixing & polish in progress.)
PHYSICS SERIALIZATION (Code Complete. Bug fixing in progress.)

DELAYED

DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
We are adding the planet Delamar and the landing zone, Levski
There are currently issues with the room system markup that need to be revisited by the Design team to be fixed.
ETA is 14th July (was 7th July)

INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
The inventory will offer a way to manage the cargo and commodities that are being carried by the ships a player owns.
Date will remain connected to the UI team’s progress on the inventory.
ETA is 14th July (was 3rd July)

ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER
The LA Engineering team is currently busy supporting the item 2.0 ship conversion and the UI team with the implementation of their features, their support is required for this particular bug so we had to wait until they were available, resulting in a delay.

ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
LA Engineering has identified additional tasks needed to support persistence and netcode.

ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
The code side of this is now complete and is now down to UI Art to implement.
ETA is 11th July (was 7th July)

PERSONAL MANAGER APP
Further polish work is needed to implement a profile selection and create a pop-up to select between loadout slots, but requires a little more time to complete.
ETA is 10th July (was 3rd July)

CARGO MANIFEST APP
Delayed due to team’s focus on priority tasks for internal milestone review.

INVENTORY SYSTEM
Delayed due to team focusing on this week’s milestone review.

STARMAP APP
The UI team have now broken down the feedback from last week’s review and adjusted their estimate.
ETA is 18th July (was 7th July)

COMMS SYSTEM UI
Delayed due to knock-on effect of the delay to the inventory system work.
ETA is 25th July (was 18th July)

RENDER TO TEXTURE
Additional requirements were discovered in development that were not originally apparent, but are required for building a robust and scale-able system for the future.
ETA is 27th July

PENDING

- MISSION GIVERS
- DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
- INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
- ROVER AND DRAGONFLY IN SHIPS
- ENTITY UPDATE COMPONENT SCHEDULER
- ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
- ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
- CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
- PERSONAL MANAGER APP
- CARGO MANIFEST APP
- VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
- SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
- INVENTORY SYSTEM
- STARMAP APP
- COMMS SYSTEM UI
- MISSION SYSTEM
- RENDER TO TEXTURE
- VOLUMETRIC FOG (still schedule to be completed on June 9th)
- APOCALYPSE ARMS SCOURGE RAIL GUN (still schedule to be completed on June 9th)

MARKED AS COMPLETED BUT UNDERGOING "BUG FIXES" AND "POLISHING"

- INSURANCE
- DOORS & AIRLOCKS
- CARGO
- KIOSK SUPPORT
- REPAIR
- HINT SYSTEM
- MISSION MANAGER APP
- PHYSICS SERIALIZATION
- ITEM 2.0 SHIP CONVERSION – PART 2
- ARROWHEAD SNIPER RIFLE
- KSAR DEVASTATOR-12 SHOTGUN

Courtesy of Nicholas over on SA

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »
Once again, sources are telling me that the performance issues seen in the AtV video, are thus far insurmountable, and that they don't know how this 3.0 patch is ever getting released without that being addressed.

More talk about it possibly ending up being #justanotherlevel via a menu option.

Claim that if they were to release 3.0 within the "next 90 days", that it would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope they release it - at least to Evocati (so I can get my hands on it).

CryEngine is legendary for its performance issues in pure fps games. We've seen in the 2.6.x builds just how horrendous it can be with all these fidelitious models in it. Now go and add million plus polygonal planets.

But croberts is arrogant enough to release 3.0, regardless of performance issues, then advocate to backers that they should upgrade their machines to run it. Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.

And it doesn't matter what state the deliverables are in, they're just going off a checklist now in order to not run afoul of liability issues. As long as they deliver an item promised, regardless of state or condition, they're covered. That's why Hangar, Arena Commander, Star Marine (LOL!!) and similar, aren't getting frequent updates. In fact, the last 2.6.3 build was back on April 7th.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:47:52 AM by dsmart »

Narrenbart

« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »
Once again, sources are telling me that the performance issues seen in the AtV video, are thus far insurmountable, and that they don't know how this 3.0 patch is ever getting released without that being addressed.

More talk about it possibly ending up being #justanotherlevel via a menu option.

Claim that if they were to release 3.0 within the "next 90 days", that it would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope they release it - at least to Evocati (so I can get my hands on it).

CryEngine is legendary for its performance issues in pure fps games. We've seen in the 2.6.x builds just how horrendous it can be with all these fidelitious models in it. Now go and add million plus polygonal planets.

But croberts is arrogant enough to release 3.0, regardless of performance issues, then advocate to backers that they should upgrade their machines to run it. Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.
Now just imagine those planet meshes have to rotate (on Pi) and orbit (also on Pi) while calculating 64Bit coordinates (position, rotation) for every entity on the panet ... and now share this over the network through UDP ... (little hint it will lag, rubberband and jerk all over the place even if the whole architecture is a gigabit LAN)

Ghostmaker

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »
Remember when Crysis released, and it seemed like you needed a computer off Star Trek's Enterprise to run it properly?

Assuming the code compiles, you're gonna need two of those just to run the blasted thing.

Lir

« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
Most of them probably will. The rest will put in for a refund.

Hello Derek;
While I agree with you I still wonder how many real physical backers there are left beside the disabled brains obeyfirst-ish and alike  :shrug:
Also please whoever FED agent reading this, put SG and OF into jail where they belong please. In my opinion, not Derek's for the retards (shitizens) there that don't make any difference. Geez do I have to write this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:14:45 PM by Lir »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk