Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1316190 times)

helimoth

Re: Star Citizen - The Game
« Reply #1575 on: December 15, 2017, 03:10:45 AM »
a newsletter advertising a newsletter ???  :vince:

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1576 on: December 15, 2017, 06:36:17 AM »
a newsletter advertising a newsletter ???  :vince:

Yeah, in The Verse, everything goes. Everything.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Motto

« Reply #1577 on: December 15, 2017, 07:17:01 AM »
So, this is the all-or-nothing do-or-die SQ42 card that CIG now is pulling?

I'm guessing this will not bring what Chris had hoped. It already wasn't to begin with, but it sure as hell won't be now with the lawsuit and Coutts dropping in.

StanTheMan

« Reply #1578 on: December 15, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »
So, this is the all-or-nothing do-or-die SQ42 card that CIG now is pulling?

I'm guessing this will not bring what Chris had hoped. It already wasn't to begin with, but it sure as hell won't be now with the lawsuit and Coutts dropping in.

All they have .. a few mins of Mocap thats useable and some voiceovers.

Flashwit

« Reply #1579 on: December 15, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
I got that email and was laughing that they were trying to hype me on the release of a newsletter signup form.  :cripes:

Motto

« Reply #1580 on: December 15, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »
I bought for hundreds of dollars their pretty JPEGs but all I got was this lousy newsletter

Star Chip

« Reply #1581 on: December 15, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »
I bought for hundreds of dollars their pretty JPEGs but all I got was this lousy newsletter
Even the JPEG buying cult agree that loot box is evil and EA is shit, but spending $1000 on JPEG is awesome. Clearly BF2 in a lesser game than Star citizen, because $60 cant buy you more than the $200 JPEG. Would you buy an Irdis or buy a copy of BF2? The BF2 is a broken mess without P2W feature, Irdis is not P2W is not a broken mess, it actually has content and game play 2nd to none.

N0mad

« Reply #1582 on: December 16, 2017, 06:28:58 AM »
Slightly off topic and old news I guess but I just came across it today. I wish I'd known about this when the internet was going crazy at CitizenCon. Basically this is the answer to anyone who asks what the difference between a game and a tech demo is:

Fly Safe !

Backer42

• Refundian
« Reply #1583 on: December 16, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
Fly Safe !
Just remember that Scott Manley somehow got hold of a free "press account".

Motto

« Reply #1584 on: December 18, 2017, 12:21:55 AM »

Flashwit

« Reply #1585 on: December 18, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
That's actually a rather heartening thread. A lot of people speaking truth and not getting the shit downvoted out of them. This really does feel like a turning point. If they actually push to release this thing live before the end of the year it's going to be catastrophic.

I'm pretty excited.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #1586 on: December 18, 2017, 09:39:45 AM »
That's actually a rather heartening thread. A lot of people speaking truth and not getting the shit downvoted out of them. This really does feel like a turning point. If they actually push to release this thing live before the end of the year it's going to be catastrophic.

I'm pretty excited.

They're in denial. Just wait until SQ42 trailer drops; they'll wake up and go back to their same old shitty shelves again.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

helimoth

« Reply #1587 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:07 AM »
Another interesting angle to this is in fact RSI intended to create not 2 games with the crytek engine they intended to make four because SQ42 was going to be split in to 3 games (all presumably using that same engine they've spent so long on) and im assuming all would be able to be sold separately. maybe an angle crytek have missed  :smuggo:

N0mad

« Reply #1588 on: December 19, 2017, 03:45:44 AM »
OK, so slightly off the current topic again. After seeing this:

I was wondering how important all these mechanics actually are in the game. The power distribution triangle thing looks like a throwback to the 80s games (where it wasn't that useful), I'm not even sure which game I originally saw it in (google didn't help). Besides, it only seems to matter in SC when you are in stealth mode, but is this actually a useful mechanic anyway? or is it just there because CR figured that it worked in the 80s and didn't give it much thought?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:58:00 AM by N0mad »

Stilo

« Reply #1589 on: December 19, 2017, 04:23:36 AM »
I remember it in XWing and Wing Commander 3.
Freespace ditched it.

For me that control is not really useful during combat, i prefer to choose the ship or the components before the mission.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk