Author Topic: Star Citizen General BS  (Read 1313805 times)

Spunky Munkee

Re: Star Citizen - General
« Reply #2100 on: June 04, 2018, 02:36:15 PM »
I was watching that video with the Senior Sytems whateveryacallit and couldnt help notice the empty desks and the guy you could see in the background was watching You Tube Videos.

They must be REALLY BUSY!

Busting ass cranking out those updates and progressing with those quarterly metrics. Uh huh.

Sad.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2101 on: June 04, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »
I was watching that video with the Senior Sytems whateveryacallit and couldnt help notice the empty desks and the guy you could see in the background was watching You Tube Videos.

Busting ass cranking out those updates and progressing with those quarterly metrics. Uh huh.

Sad.

yes ...they are not going to win the Jolly Person Of The month Award either..

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2102 on: June 04, 2018, 04:16:37 PM »

Sad.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought I was the only one.
Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2103 on: June 04, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »

Resin

« Reply #2104 on: June 04, 2018, 09:20:36 PM »
A few gems from Glassdoor

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm

A lot of the management have little to no idea what they are doing, use software development methodologies from the last century and are frankly out of their depth. This causes an exponentially increasing spiral of delays that a modern experienced project manager would see coming from a mile away and know how to deal with. The project is getting ever further away from completion despite what public statements to the contrary say. These managers may have been the best of the best back in their day, but it is no longer that day and people rarely have consistent hits their entire career.
* This issue is compounded by the fact that CIG pays below industry average salaries, because they correctly think many people will want the prestige of having worked on such an exciting project to be on their CV, however you also don't get the best talent this way.
* Both the salary and management issues have caused a lot of more experienced staff who were really making the most progress to leave. A lot of the people left are fairly wet behind the ears and need a lot more mentoring before stepping up to the plate. I spent over half my time mentoring other members of staff even in areas I only have a vague passing knowledge of.
* Collectively we ended up grinding harder and harder, losing increasingly more of our lives, over smaller and smaller irrelevant things that the CEO dreamed up. This has been getting worse recently not better, especially with recent technologies added to the game that should have been implemented at the end, not now.
Show Less
Advice to Management
Hire experienced executives and professional project managers with current decade skills and qualifications - Not family members, friends or old contacts.

dsmart

• Supreme Cmdr
  • Administrator
    • Smart Speak Blog
« Reply #2105 on: June 05, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
This is amazing. Get this.

Star Citizen had a fiction writing competition entitled "Hercules Starlifter Short Story Contest".

So they have a winner. The prize?

A $400 JPEG (ship is neither built, nor in the game).

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a TV show about a bunch of characters making a game. It's basically "This is Spinal Tap" - except people think the band is real.

Greggy_D

« Reply #2106 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:03 PM »
Well, well, well......

Bind Culling got pushed to 3.3.   It's always the "next" patch with these guys. isn't it?

N0mad

« Reply #2107 on: June 08, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
More to the point the First person shooter AI has been pushed back.

But hang on... There were enemy NPCs in the Squadron 42 demo, and, come to think of it, there were enemy NPCs in the sandworm demo.

Almost as if CIG have been deceiving backers using fake tech demos to try and push ship sales.....

Motto

« Reply #2108 on: June 08, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
Oh Chris, now look what you have done...

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #2109 on: June 08, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »
These dimwit backers STILL dont get it. Chris Robbers has no intention of ever getting this game close to what was promised. He makes far too much money for not delivering much of anything except for additional concept ship sales. The nimrod cant even create decent FPS in the game and that has been done 1000 times over. If that is not clear enough a warning (on top of everything else they put the excuse blinders on for) then nothing will make them see things for what they are short of the buildings being shuttered up, the name being taken off the buildings and hundereds of employees publicly complaining about not being paid for the final month.

These morons have earned their fate. I juist hope Robbers and Ortwin get their just deserts.

StanTheMan

« Reply #2110 on: June 08, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »
$400 JPEG (ship is neither built, nor in the game).

For anyone wanting to role play a gay space cowboy,  they ought to do a variant of this. 

The Hercules Shirt Lifter.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:17:06 PM by StanTheMan »

Darklegend1

« Reply #2111 on: June 08, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
A few gems from Glassdoor

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm

Cons

I don't like being critical about past employers, but after the recent round of layoffs just before 3.0 was released I felt we couldn't provide the service customers and backers of this project expected from us. So many support colleagues from my department were culled that we ended up automating the support system and basically ignoring everyone except urgent legal matters for several weeks / months.

Lol now we know for fact why its taking so long for CIG people to respond to refund tickets..

N0mad

« Reply #2112 on: June 09, 2018, 01:11:12 AM »
Does anybody know how reliable the posts are on that site?

How easy is it to falsely claim to be an ex employee and leave a review?

Spunky Munkee

« Reply #2113 on: June 09, 2018, 01:24:27 AM »
Sure, It could be false. But sometimes the answer that makes the most sense might just be true. It seems as if everybody is gettng the same canned responses when forwarding a refund request. Does it make sense that Robbers kept his crack team of customer service representitives on the payroll just to send out these canned responses? I doubt it. I remember that the CS reps had names that they used on their replies. Not any more.

DS told us that refunds would end around 3.0 as I recall. Whaddya know, He was right.

CIG is dire straits, money running low, claims that 3.0 was this big release that moved the project into a new phase of development. Yeah the enexorably borken (I like that, the perfect term for this POS) and buggy phase. Knowing that many of his formerly drugged followers would revolt when the actually got to play this mess Robbers cut them off claiming early access status. He couldnt risk having the last of his reserves bled off to the unfailthful.

Kyrt

« Reply #2114 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:07 AM »
Does anybody know how reliable the posts are on that site?

How easy is it to falsely claim to be an ex employee and leave a review?
Sure.

It's also something that appears to be quite credible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk